Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Battle for Azeroth: World PvP is back!

8.0 can't come soon enough. Once you turn on PvP in a major city you will experience World PvP like never before. Blizzard puts everyone who has PvP enabled on the same server. It's going to be glorious. With level 35 you will go to Stranglethorn Vale and on every crossroad, in every cave and in the tunnel to Booty Bay there will be someone of the opposite faction to fight. They said they would put players on a server based on their level. So there will be 100-200 people in your zone that are in your level range and all of them love PvP. It is going to be absolutely fantastic.

I'm sure Blizzard will enable your PvP talents once you turn on PvP in a city. So leveling, questing, grinding, farming will be much more fun with your PvP talents enabled...but that troll rogue will be waiting in the shadows to spice it all up. it is going to be epic.

You have PvP enabled? You will have access to tons of PvP World Quests with great rewards in 8.0.

Just the thought of seeing 20-30 level 35 players battle it out in the Gurubashi Arena gives me the chills. No level 120 players to interfere and ruin the fun. Just good old World PvP in Battle for Azeroth.

Thank you Blizzard!

It won't be glorious at all because they are making no changes to how PVP actually plays. No unpruning, no ilvl cap, no barriers for PVE shit, no nothing. They mumbled incoherently about maybe doing something regarding PVP gear, but they said nothing specific and that doesn't even begin to address it.

You want to see the extent of your "glorious" world PVP in BFA, go and do that world PVP right now in Legion. It's going to be the same level of shit. You'll just put points into the three items instead of using the artifact+legendaries.

Hell yes! Make WPvP Great Again!

Deleted
    But people still wont actively participate in world pvp. Only a few people that gank people doing quests, as usual.

Pvp templates won't be enabled. everyone will one shot each other.

Deleted
    100-200 people yeah right. Ever heard of sharding, there's never even gonna be 50 people in the same zone.
    Besides nobody will be PvP flaghed at lower levels, they just want to hit the level cap as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    But people still wont actively participate in world pvp. Only a few people that gank people doing quests, as usual.
    Ganking can only happen to people who actively chose to engage in pvp *at that time*, so no complaining there (unlike now, where the only way to "un-choose" pvp is to leave your guild and reroll a new character on a pve server - or pay actual cash).

I play on a pvp server only because my friends were already there, and I hate stuff like lowbie ganking, or getting attacked in the back while I only have 10 mins to do a couple WQ before heading to work. Not having the choice makes for an overall bad experience, and just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. On the contrary, having the choice makes it much more likely that I'll indulge in world pvp again just for the fun of it, as a purely chosen experience (man, those Xroads raids ...).

Besides, the alternative being just to still have people "forced" into world pvp, choice remains better ^^

I'm seeing a lot of people dueling in front of SW again on KT!

It's funny how naive the WoW community is. Blizzard just killed World PvP while convincing the community that they are "improving" it. It's hilarious.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-11-17 at 12:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    It's funny how naive the WoW community is. Blizzard just killed World PvP while convincing the community that they are "improving" it. It's hilarious.
    It's just the question who really is naive. My bet on the one who doesn't see through it all, doesn't know how things are connected and actually claims that Blizz killed W-PvP, which is a totally wrong statement. As an opinion it is ok, but telling it is a fact.... not a bright idea.

And you are right.... it is pretty hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    At the bare minimum all they did was allow players that don't want to be griefed to play on a pve server. So that most certainly is not "killing WPvP" the ONLY reason that would upset anyone is if you get your enjoyment from killing people that normally don't fight back in any meaningful way.

Class balance is a different issue, but you can rest assured if they are focusing on WPvP, Horde vs. Alliance as a theme expect the PvP tuning to be more of a focus.

They don't even know if they are keeping the PvP talent trees so I wouldn't be so quick to draw any conclusions.

I will personally be playing with PvP on for the increased rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by PLS View Post
    At the bare minimum all they did was allow players that don't want to be griefed to play on a pve server.
    No, they forced PvP players to play on a PvE server. This is exactly how PvE server works, except now PvE flagged people are invisible.
    Which doesn't change the nature of the server. The fact that you can turn off PvP and go do questing makes it a PvE server.

This is being done because World PvP has gotten so bad that they have completely given up on it, and now they are making it optional, even for players who specifically chose to play on a PvP server. They are killing World PvP so they don't have to balance it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    As an opinion it is ok, but telling it is a fact.... not a bright idea.
    It is a fact. It's just apparently very hard for the fanbase to see through the bullshit.

This usually happens when a fan community turns a gaming company into some kind of a religion and believes everything they say without a question.

They are specifically removing a major feature of the game because they don't want to spend time fixing it. This indicates a fairly new direction of the game - Blizzard has given up on it, and now the main purpose is to squeeze as much money of the playerbase as they can, before the game dies completely.

I don't blame anyone for not seeing the full picture. I've been playing the game since the beginning, and I've seen how Blizzard, and other gaming companies operate. It's not as easy to see through all of the bullshit.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-11-17 at 04:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, they forced PvP players to play on a PvE server. This is exactly how PvE server works, except now PvE flagged people are invisible.
    Which doesn't change the nature of the server. The fact that you can turn off PvP and go do questing makes it a PvE server.
    But it's not "EXACTLY" how it works on a PvE server...did you actually watch the announcement and the Q&A or are you just going off some other reddit/troll post?

Except that all the other flagged players are sharded onto the server? And you can only change it in a certain location. Are you actually arguing that people that didn't want to pvp anyways not pvping is a bad thing? What about having a sharded world with a balanced horde/alliance representation fully populated, is that bad too? In the last week I have seen 7ish alliance on my PvP server. Are you guys actually insane or just butt hurt that you won't be able to kill lowbees/players that didn't want to fight you/don't know how.

Talking to my guild over half of them only rolled on Illidan because they knew someone playing on it when they started and now its not worth the money to them to transfer all their alts.
    Last edited by PLS; 2017-11-17 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PLS View Post
    But it's not "EXACTLY" how it works on a PvE server...did you actually watch the announcement and the Q&A or are you just going off some other reddit/troll post?

Except that all the other flagged players are sharded onto the server? And you can only change it in a certain location. Are you actually arguing that people that didn't want to pvp anyways not pvping is a bad thing? What about having a sharded world with a balanced horde/alliance representation fully populated, is that bad too? In the last week I have seen 7ish alliance on my PvP server. Are you guys actually insane or just butt hurt that you won't be able to kill lowbees/players that didn't want to fight you/don't know how.

Talking to my guild over half of them only rolled on Illidan because they knew someone playing on it when they started and now its not worth the money to them to transfer all their alts.
    I'm saying that if you can turn off PvP and go questing, you are on a PvE server. All servers are now PvE servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    The rewards that motivate people to PvP flag will have to be strong, I'm actually leaning towards one free swap too PVE, then free swap to pvp, but 50k gold to swap pve or something like that. But make no mistake people will choose to pvp as evident in front of Kara, but it is a fine line they need to walk and understand the concern of people never flagging.

I'm loving the new proposals, no more random ganking rubbish... and more of a zone where like minded pvp-ers can play in the actual world.

And since it's a PvP variant of the world, they can let honor talents work upon entering (since they can't claim it's messing PvE up), and they can implement some kind of templates (even if it's not the full one) to bring players more in line instead of this crazy mess of super geared players we have at the moment.

Deleted
    reducing damage by a base 40% makes no different to the state of wpvp.

a class that is op vs a regular class , that op class will still do 40% more damage because it is just a flat reduction.

Deleted
    You are not forced. Stop pretending that. And PvE players are not "invisible" they are virtually physically playing on another shard/server.

No, it makes it a HOME-Server. Your choice makes it either a PvP or a PvE server. Turn on PvP and never turn it off and your are still always on a PvP server. It really seems to be a hard concept for you, and i actually wonder why.

This is being done because World PvP has gotten so bad that they have completely given up on it, and now they are making it optional, even for players who specifically chose to play on a PvP server. They are killing World PvP so they don't have to balance it.
    They are not killing it, they are giving everybody tho choice to opt in and opt out. AND they are giving those who like it the choice to NEVER opt out if they want to. But i guess you can't handle the freedom at your hand and need to be forced? What is the matter? Are you worry about you not being able to have PvP constantly activated? Or are you more concerned about others and that they have choices? I have news for you: what others do and do not do, is simply non of your da** business.

It is a fact. It's just apparently very hard for the fanbase to see through the bullshit.
    It is NOT a fact. And i am perfectly able to see through your BS. Calling me a fan is not a bright idea since my post history clearly shows more harsh critic than blind fanboy behavior.

This usually happens when a fan community turns a gaming company into some kind of a religion and believes everything they say without a question.
    You on the other hand behave like an old grandpa "buhuhu change is bad, and why change since it always worked". Sorry but you don't know if it worked in general. It worked for you doesn't mean it was better for the game. You don't have the numbers how many subscription did gankers cost over the years, how many subscription did get chanceled because of faction imbalance. If you think everybody could and would do a server transfer to correct a situation only the developer is responsible and shloud solve you are out of your mind. Most people just say "screw it" and quit. And they did this since classic. Or are you one of those people that thinks nobody did ever quit during classic?

They are specifically removing a major feature of the game because they don't want to spend time fixing it. This indicates a fairly new direction of the game - Blizzard has given up on it, and now the main purpose is to squeeze as much money of the playerbase as they can, before the game dies completely.
    How can i argue with someone who WANTS to believe his false assumptions? I can't if you want to believe they are removing W-PvP while they are actually NOT doing it, it is up to you. I won't try to change your mind anymore. I just argue to prevent people believing the false information you are spreading here. If you really think this game dies completely you might be in for a surprise.

I don't blame anyone for not seeing the full picture. I've been playing the game since the beginning, and I've seen how Blizzard, and other gaming companies operate. It's not as easy to see through all of the bullshit.
    Oh i see the full picture, i just fear you believe that you but but you actually don't. You talk about a change that is actually good. I don't know in what country someone has to live (which dictatorship) that he believes giving more options is bad, and forcing people to do what ever is good. But this change has a lot of potential. More than the 13 year old, static bullshit system would ever have in 2017/2018 and ongoing.

You don't seem to me like a simple minded person, and i actually can understand SOME of your concerns. But you are exaggerate way to much in terms of negatives while completely ignoring the chances that come up with those changes.

It is all up to you and i am not trying to change your mind. So if you want to go, you have to go. But that makes you quit with BfA and me resub with BfA, so objectively no loss for Blizzard. And i highly doubt they will lose so many people over this change since the people that are effected by this change is pretty small compared to the group of people that probably will profit from this change.

How world pvp starts:
    Player is looking for someone to kill/gank, so the best ways for it previously always were the major farming spots for materials, reputation, etc. So he goes to the location to search for such farming players to kill them once, so his victims has few options either to avenge if he can kill him solo or call the friends/guildmates for help and overcome this inconveince together otherwise there are NO OTHER OPTIONS for him to farm it (IT IS A KEY DETAIL).
    And in BFA he can get killed once (assume he was on pvp shard farming at location), so he can now go for the pass of the less resistance (which majority of human being usually do) and teleport to the city and go for PVE shard to continue his farm... Do you see the disconnect in wpvp and this new system? Either the incentitive to farm on pvp shard should be that big to be alive or it will be abandoned completely, and guess which pass the blizzard usually takes? So the guys that see that they pretty have much fininshed the wpvp are frankly on point.
    The only people who calls that as improve for wpvp are the pve players on pvp servers that want to farm in carebear mode, thats it. And yes as one guy has described above they can pretty much abandon wpvp fixes at all and players will naturally stick to pve shards and they will be the dominant one with ghost town on pvp shards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxotron View Post
    How world pvp starts:
    Player is looking for someone to kill/gank, so the best ways for it previously always were the major farming spots for materials, reputation, etc. So he goes to the location to search for such farming players to kill them once, so his victims has few options either to avenge if he can kill him solo or call the friends/guildmates for help and overcome this inconveince together otherwise there are NO OTHER OPTIONS for him to farm it (IT IS A KEY DETAIL).
    And in BFA he can get killed once (assume he was on pvp shard farming at location), so he can now go for the pass of the less resistance (which majority of human being usually do) and teleport to the city and go for PVE shard to continue his farm... Do you see the disconnect in wpvp and this new system? Either the incentitive to farm on pvp shard should be that big to be alive or it will be abandoned completely, and guess which pass the blizzard usually takes? So the guys that see that they pretty have much fininshed the wpvp are frankly on point.
    The only people who calls that as improve for wpvp are the pve players on pvp servers that want to farm in carebear mode, thats it. And yes as one guy has described above they can pretty much abandon wpvp fixes at all and players will naturally stick to pve shards and they will be the dominant one with ghost town on pvp shards.
    That is not the ultimate example for starting fights. And not the only option how that starts by the way.
    BTW if you kill someone and he wants revenge, trying to get you solo or call for support he is most likely a PvP player. Because in the current version if he is only there for his friends he will most likely leave the area and do other things in other spots. In BfA he will most likely don't give a damn about the extra rep and turn on PvE. So there is no difference to the way now. BUT if the one you jump in BfA is a PvP player he probably will try to kill you and/or gets his friends. But i guess you will see way more groups specifically on PvP shards to cause some trouble and get those PvP WQs or PvP objectives done.

Does it mean there will be less "natural PvP" caused by ganking? Maybe. But there will probably be a shift in natural PvP to a more objective/organized based PvP. Means actually less unexpecting/unprepared solo victims and more prepared and organized opponents. As a PvP player lowing a good fight.... i call that a plus. ;-)