Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Seriously need mods to close all threads like these, 90% of the threads are about this and they're just wrong.

No the nostalgia isn't misguided, private servers show this.

No, private servers show that cheapskates and thieves will play something free.

Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmyaccount View Post
    From all the discussions circulating around I am starting to get the vibe (of course, I might be wrong) that people actually want Vanilla, be it with or without any QoL changes.

On top of that they want TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion... released in order. A full circle perhaps?

It is beginning to strike me as a misguided nostalgia as to what has been playing with the people we did back, through all these expansions?
    People just want to experience it anew it seems.
    Nope, according to the votes, people want all new content released after vanilla and that content should not progress further than Naxx but be entirely new and only be in the 2 continent that we know.

It doesn't make any sense you say? That's right, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Seriously need mods to close all threads like these, 90% of the threads are about this and they're just wrong.

No the nostalgia isn't misguided, private servers show this.
    Private servers are free to play, dont need to buy base game or pay sub. Also, they are extremely unpopular in grand scheme of things.

People actually want 'World of Wacraft' to relaunch
    They want to relaunch the thrill.

Thrill is gone, baby.

Reallity will kick them in the *** hard, very hard. On one side, I can't wait when this happens and on the other side, I just hope the same people(content creators) that overhyped it won't make a 360 turn...

And to every poster that says people play for 7+ years on private... Lets see what happens when they will have to pay a sub.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No, private servers show that cheapskates and thieves will play something free.
    You do realize that there are private servers for every expansion right and the Vanilla ones are the overwhelmingly most popular. That and the fact they run on donations so a lot of the player base actually is willing to play for the content. No one knows exactly what percentage of the private realm player base will join Classic (the private servers will probably shut down though) but, to say that they're only playing vanilla because it's free is ludicrous.

There have been countless studies on the subject of piracy and the impact it has on sales, and thus far outside of Blockbuster movies (during their first week) no one has been able to show any link that piracy harms sales, in fact most evidence supports the opposite. People want to pay for the things that they want, and as such people who want Vanilla WoW absolutely will support Classic.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Retail wow will probably die and classic will slowly but surely take the majority of its players

At the end of BOA I would expect atleast half of the players to be on Vanilla that didn't commit to classic already.

Just my opinion

If the do classic right, they can build an entire new game around it. Once naxx and the final patch is released, I wouldn't see why they would continue it if the player base is still active and players are asking for it. I get the whole "purest" idea of not touching wow and leaving it alone, but that doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. WoW-Classic is a chance to go back and use the underlying technology we have today to provide a better experience for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    What's funny about this "argument" is that anyone playing WoW Vanilla are only playing it on a PC, and if you have a PC you can pirate nearly any PC game, for Free. Yet.. They somehow want to play Vanilla, even though it's supposedly shitty, but "ITS FREE LUL SO IMA PLAY"

Yeah, I have some ice to sell you.
    First of all nobody's saying it's terrible, in fact it's pretty great but not 15$ a month great
    And also just because a lot of people play on these servers, it doesn't mean it's the only game those people play! It's a decent mmorpg which is also free and has a lot of players, it would attract anyone

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Are you two aware that comparing private servers to anything is like comparing bad Nikkeao brand snickers comparing to Nike? Plus, it's stealing intellectual property.
    You're not stealing shit if it's not available anymore. It's like you're getting mad that I have a recording of Beethoven playing piano.

Ill just wait for the non-stop demands once their Legacy servers are out. They never stop with the whiny demands... It will never stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Ill just wait for the non-stop demands once their Legacy servers are out. They never stop with the whiny demands... It will never stop.
    Many people haven't played vanilla WoW, so I guess they have no clue what kinda dish they've ordered. I don't mind "classic" evolving TBC etc (progressive). but atleast keep classic near as close vanilla used to be, and see majority of players go ape shit crazy.... or quit, or continue BoA, or what ever. Btw, I was a total noob in vanilla...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    Many people haven't played vanilla WoW, so I guess they have no clue what kinda dish they've ordered. I don't mind "classic" evolving TBC etc (progressive). but atleast keep classic near as close vanilla used to be, and see majority of players go ape shit crazy.... or quit, or continue BoA, or what ever. Btw, I was a total noob in vanilla...
    I was a total noob as well, lol. Started off before AQ gates opened. I was lucky enough to find a mentor and actually taught me some stuffs. Nowadays, no one has the patience to teach someone. Also from what I noticed from previous players, they dont have the patience to play the game. They want quick results. Which, in the end, will make them bored of the game and ask themselves, what now? Been going strong since 2006. Ive accepted the change. I try to roll with the punches. Since Cataclysm, ive had a love/hate relationship with Blizzard.

I mean there is private servers for every era, i would love to go back to pre 5.3 MoP that was the most fun ive ever had in wow tbh

People want lots of things they aren't willing to pay the actual price of. Private servers are viable because someone else already did all the initial work, leaving them with only the expenses of maintenance and tweaking, and of course none of them have quality control at a reliably professional level. It's still very much an open question what people who are willing to pay the price for want, but it's just about guaranteed not to be 100% the same as the wishes of people who built their hobby time around the use of property stolen from a company they love to hate on and malign at every opportunity.

What's wrong with wanting to replay old games? We do it all the time with other games. If you want to relive old favourites like FFVII you can just boot it up and replay it just the way it was when you first played it 20 years ago. And how about booting up your old SNES or N64 to replay your old favourites on those.

Is it so hard to understand that people want to do the same with WOW?

From all the discussions circulating around I am starting to get the vibe (of course, I might be wrong) that people actually want Vanilla, be it with or without any QoL changes.

On top of that they want TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion... released in order. A full circle perhaps?

It is beginning to strike me as a misguided nostalgia as to what has been playing with the people we did back, through all these expansions?
    You have to understand that the vast, vast majority of players never post of any kind of forum or even read them.
    That you might find posts here that says a relaunch might be cool is no actual indication of what the average player wants.

Also, you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You're not stealing shit if it's not available anymore.
    Yes, you are. In the most extreme case, grave robbing is a crime even though the person really truly isn't using their body anymore. The same principle applies to both real (that's "real" as in "real estate" and such, referring to tangible physical goods) and intellectual property. Right here on my hard drives are copies of my own and friends' roleplaying games, novels, and musical albums; I created the ones I wrote, of course, and the others were shared with me by their creators. Lots of this stuff is out of print, and some can't easily come back into print because of various sorts of rights problems. You'd still be committing a crime if you hacked in and lifted the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    Retail wow will probably die and classic will slowly but surely take the majority of its players

At the end of BOA I would expect atleast half of the players to be on Vanilla that didn't commit to classic already.

Just my opinion
    I don't think Classic itself will spell the end of wow but it does give Blizzard an out. WoW won't be around forever, at some point they will stop taking the story forward and classic servers gives them a way to still capitalize on the fanbase who still loves the game by offering them the old content as an evergreen.

7+ Year Old Account

I actually think the entire idea of "relaunch" is actually quite fun.

Think of it like this: Blizzard launches Classic and it starts from the first patch of WoW and goes forward. The changes that happends each patch is the same changes, that happend in the old WoW, so if you looked it up on the net, you would actually be able to see into the future or you could ignore it and let yourself be surprised

So what would be fun about this? Well, you could pretty much cheat/play the game Is Hunters gonna be OP in 1.3? Well make a hunter. Know that they will get nerfed to the ground in 1.6? Well you can actually make another character in advance for that. You will be able to look into the future of the game, play around the patches and create the best experience possible for yourself.

It would also allow you to experience the evolution of the game in a dynamic way. Remember back in the days, when something was totally broken and dumb?? Well not only do you get to experience that again, but you will also be there to see people cry when they change it or nerf it Remember that patch, where you could 1 shot kazzak? Well you got to do that again for the 2½ hours before it was fixed xD

We all know that Classic is going to be "played around with " so why not go all in and let people get the planning code in advance
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.