Unholy resource management

So i started to dabble in Unholy, but i'm struggling to efficiently manage my resources.
    I seem to get so easily overwhelmed by runes and RP that i have a hard time dumping it all, especially with Sudden Doom procs.

So is the game plan for Unholy to just minimize resource loss instead of maximizing efficiency, or am i doing something wrong?
    I'm so used to playing Windwalker, this is a way different playstyle. I don't dislike it, but it feels so unnatural, so i'm not sure if this is intended.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Basically that is unholy, yes. With good gear and enough haste you get flooded sometimes with a lot of ressources and have to decide what is worse to waste now. Basically try to keep on top as much as you can, before things start to get out of hand. "Have 3 runes on cd? no abiter coming up in the next seconds? still have rp for a deathcoil but will not cap? Still use it now instead of having to deal with it later on."

Unholy is a lot about planing in advance, and we have not a ton of rng in our specc so it is realativly methodical and predictable. The rng we have (mainly wound-buildup) I found is best counter by just simply assume the worst outcome and plan around it. e.G. needing 6 wounds for apoc might take you 3 festering strikes worst case, so I start appling the wounds a bit earlier, and if I get enough with 2 FS, all the better and I won a free gcd.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that hard once you realize that being resource starved due to being unlucky with SD procs and being resource locked due to being lucky with SD procs even each other out.

Just make sure to make the most out of Dark Arbiter and don't overcap on runes primarily, runic power secondary.