Page 1 of 35
... LastLast
    Deleted

Balance the classes. Keep the content the same. Just stop.

stop moaning as if this is a major issue.

you can't have classes being useless and not being selected for vanilla content. that is just silly argument to want that the same.

keep all the content the same and just introduce balance to the classes which given the years of exp at attempting this, Blizzard should be able to achieve to some extent.

at least enough of a balance that everything can be cleared assuming you know how to play your class/spec and are geared.

very simple solution and not a reason to be screaming the sky is falling.

On the surface I agree balancing the specs some would be good, but the issue is you can't do that in a vacuum. You'll need to give specs abilities they don't have in vanilla, like a taunt for prot paladins. Itemization and set bonuses are a mess for many classes. Buffing certain specs to compete could easily cause ripples throughout the meta. The issue becomes how to do you make say prot paladins viable as main raid tanks without overhauling too much?

Deleted
    I think they will take it slow - find a good starting point and let things run. The community will demand many things over time and "loud minorities" can be observed and reflected on while things are still most close to original "vanilla". Time will come when some people get sick, be it because it's now as much fun after nostalgia vanished or because they cleared all content. That's the point blizzard must have a plan, not a small one but a big one. It will be the point when the community will allow and desire change and expressed it for a long period. And that's when they can make more out of the classic project than it was supposed to be.

But it's very important to offer a very close vanilla version with very little changes for a longer period of time. This will create data important for later (after any changes people will start yelling "make classic more vanilla again!!" which by that time would only beneficial if the statistics show that it's worth it vs improving/changing things). This also allows them to have a joker card in their hand - if the most unchanged version proofs to be the most "timeless" one in terms of play grow/decrease they could always just set up such a server and then move to other projects.

But I think the most desirable thing for players and devs would be to see a growing classic community that will appreciate change and enables a second development route for WoW itself.

"we want vanilla"

but we want class balance , transmog , account mounts , looking for group , name change , server change , dual spec , raid buffs , no buff mats , wow tokens , and new raids

oh wait you got all that.. play the lattest version of the game.. poeple wanted classic for a reason just stop wanting stuff now why not enjoy the old feeling , if you dont like it dont play it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    "we want vanilla"

but we want class balance , transmog , account mounts , looking for group , name change , server change , dual spec , raid buffs , no buff mats , wow tokens , and new raids

oh wait you got all that.. play the lattest version of the game.. poeple wanted classic for a reason just stop wanting stuff now why not enjoy the old feeling , if you dont like it dont play it?
    you are an example of the problem. the discussion for what is and what is not wanted can not even be had.

you have a either with me or against me attitude. ashame because in the end vanilla servers will suffer. well done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    "we want vanilla"

Uselessrouge uses Uselesspost, it's not very effective...

Fuck you OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    you are an example of the problem. the discussion for what is and what is not wanted can not even be had.

you have a either with me or against me attitude. ashame because in the end vanilla servers will suffer. well done.
    why am i the probleme?

i accept vanilla for how it was , that is was made it new... i dont expect to play there for 10 years.. but just to play something where evrything was not free...

i enjoy leveling a class that is not OP but at least it showed the motivation and the class poeple realy wanted to play , its not like today where poeple just play FOTM classes .

back in vanilla when you played ret pala you knew he wanted it and had fun with it... it was not because it was op it was about having fun with what we had , and that is exactly what poeple want

i think many poeple are sick of getting evrythign for free , i like to grind xp and know i earned my level and not oneshot evrything until 110 ... getting a mount at level 40? god damm it was fucking amazing why? cause walking was slow maps where big questr send you over all the maps even flying took 10 min +

if we start to want class balance this will only be the start and then it wont be vanilla anymore...

dont get me wrong vanilla was totaly broken and unbalanced... but i still had fun cause it was new and i am happy to get that old feeling back to have to earn my stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    No specs were useless. They just weren't all useful at all times in raids. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't a big enough problem to warrant the huge changes needed to correct it.

Forcing people into specs for end game was a big part of the game. Don't ever touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Retailers want to "fix" vanilla, more news at 11.
    Everyone who disagrees with me loves retail. Mccarthyism all day. Cry yourself to sleep please over 54% currently disagree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made me lol, thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by truulte View Post
    Forcing people into specs for end game was a big part of the game. Don't ever touch it.
    That was a part of the game that was shit. Stop glorifying terrible things. I remember leveling to 60 as ret and being barred from joining raids unless I specced holy. Go fuck yourself with that shit. You will see remarkable under representation if it goes live like that. We aren't stupid enough to level the wrong class on accident anymore.

What the heck is a retailer, and why are people throwing it around like a perjorative?

Deleted
    Plenty more players than those subbed to retail want to fix Vanilla. You're in the minority if you don't want it fixed.

Here is the thing.

If Blizzard alters CLASSIC to attract the retail people, make it more casual:
    - Purist will not play it, people who quit WoW won't come back for nostalgia either.
    - Retailers will play Classic a bit more, while also playing BfA

If Blizzard keeps CLASSIC authentic:
    - Purist and Nostalgic people will dive into it, many will even resub for it.
    - Retailers won't play much CLASSIC or not at all, but still play BfA

So I believe sub wise, Blizzard will get more subs if they release CLASSIC as authentic as possible.
    Blizzard is a company that wants to earn money. There is more money in a CLASSIC authentic version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla doesn't need fixing, that's why people want it in the first place. Class balance is a huge issue in Vanilla that spans from (among other things):

classes lacking necessary abilities (Paladin taunt, strike ability) to

poor itemization (leather defense items) to

ability scaling mechanics (spellpower/ap scaling) to

tier sets (healing/tank-only bonuses) to

DoT vs direct damage classes (debuff limit on bosses) to

PvP (Enh Shamans and SPriests are already very strong in PvP but weak in PvE) all the way down to even

the basic function of main stats (intellect doesn't scale damage like strength and agility).

That's not even touching on the support class nature of most DPS specs for hybrids - they're intentionally designed to not do as much damage as pure DPS classes. Changing anything doesn't happen in a vacuum and to balance it will completely change the face of the game into something unrecognisable as Vanilla.

If you actually want Vanilla then you don't want rebalanced classes, because changing the game mechanics makes it not Vanilla anymore.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-11-15 at 06:00 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    That was a part of the game that was shit. Stop glorifying terrible things. I remember leveling to 60 as ret and being barred from joining raids unless I specced holy. Go fuck yourself with that shit. You will see remarkable under representation if it goes live like that. We aren't stupid enough to level the wrong class on accident anymore.
    If it was like today where 90%(?) of hybrid classes are DPS, you would NEVER find a healer with /LFG. Not to mention getting enough healers for 40 man raiding... It was hard enough to get tanks:O

When you go back and play an old game, you do not play that game with updated this and fixed that. You play the game as it was at the time. Old graphics, some bugs, less features than the current version. Those are the things that make it feel like the old game that you played before. If you change those things, it will not be the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    When you go back and play an old game, you do not play that game with updated this and fixed that. You play the game as it was at the time. Old graphics, some bugs, less features than the current version. Those are the things that make it feel like the old game that you played before. If you change those things, it will not be the same.
    This. Touch nothing Blizzard. Keep it all the same. It's why I've played private servers for over 3 years on/off.