Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Hate speech these days means disagreeing with people of left leaning. ie. ''I don't think Trump is that bad.'' Good potential for doxxing right there.
    I don't think Trump is as bad as people think he is. Now where is my doxing since this place is deemed "a leftist hivemind" at times by people saying the same things you are right now.

Still, I would really like some evidence that twitter has become a left wing stormfront, help me believe you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I don't think Trump is as bad as people think he is. Now where is my doxing since this place is deemed "a leftist hivemind" at times by people saying the same things you are right now
    Over here you don't earn likes and blue checkmarks for that.

What does that have to do with getting doxxed for not thinking Trump is that bad in a "leftist hivemind" place? You are all over the place it seems. Once again, though, back to your original comment

Still, I would really like some evidence that twitter has become a left wing stormfront, help me believe you!

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Oh, I would say the internet is the USA now in many respects. I have no stats, but so much public discourse (if you can call it that) happens in comment sections and social media now.

I strongly think we ought to aim higher than defaulting to private companies and standards. We are already seeing where that leads: safe spaces and echo chambers. Where no one has to hear arguments they don't like, and ignorance and hate of "the others" can grow unchecked.

"Hate speech" is a thin line from "speech I disagree with". Its definition must be kept narrow.
    Thankfully it isn't though, so there's that. English has become the language of the internet, that doesn't mean the USA gets to claim it's standards are the standards.

Where Americas take on free speech has got it is to relive the 1930's. We already did that.....in the 1930's so yeah, thanks but no thanks. The rest of the world doesn't feel the need to "debate" nazi's and white supremacy, it was a loser then and it's a loser now.

Isn't the whole point of a verified status to prove the owner is who the claim to be rather then having anything to do with endorsing that person?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they'll remove the same status from neo-liberal extremists too. Can't have it just one way. Not like it matters though because most people who these people are already.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, assholes spewing hateful crap are losing their verified mark. Not even banned.

For fucks sake, stop playing the victim and especially stop making everything political. It's the most annoying thing, ever. It's like watching a nutjob explaining why the moonlanding was fake. Conspiracy theories everywhere.

True that, and I have to say, despite this site often leaning left, I really respect the absence of obnoxious "likes" and up/down votes.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    What does that have to do with getting doxxed for not thinking Trump is that bad in a "leftist hivemind" place? You are all over the place it seems. Once again, though, back to your original comment

Always done under the veil of ''hate speech.'' Should I bring up the christian couple who didn't bake a cake for a gay wedding? They got death threats harassed even though they were a private business.

Deleted
    Should I bring up the christian couple who didn't bake a cake for a gay wedding? They got death threats harassed even though they were a private business.
    That doesn't really have much to do with the thread at hand, though.

Also, I'd seriously hope that no one would claim that sending them those threats was okay. Because it obviously wasn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Also, I'd seriously hope that no one would claim that this was okay. Because it obviously wasn't.
    You have people in this thread who said ''bigots'' deserve what they get.

[IMG]https://i0.wp.com/www.dangerandplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Twitter-doxing-Swatting.jpg?resize=628%2C550&ssl=1[IMG]
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD8weSEUAAAsX2c.jpg[IMG]

Always done under the veil of ''hate speech.'' Should I bring up the christian couple who didn't bake a cake for a gay wedding? They got death threats harassed even though they were a private business.
    Is this in response to my "what does this have to do with doxing" because that is still completely random in regards to that. If it is in response to your original statement being asked, that anyone with a slight right leaning is harrassed, then the first situation has no context so provide that if you could. The second the guy seems to mention "exposing a bully" and "being trolled" as his reason for doxxing. Neither of those line up with the anti-conservative/right wing narriative you seem to be pushing there.

How about you write out, in more detail, your points for further posts so they seem less vague and borderline shitposting? Right now it is hard to get the point you are pushing through. The most clear statement you have made is regarding the bakers, which was stupid for people to doxx them over, but not out of the ordinary for any big name case. If you want to use singular situations as examples of a grand conspiracy, I'm going to use this:
    http://www.12news.com/news/local/val...eats/481212566
    As an example of facebook being anti-left wing within your logic, but we both know that would be absolutely silly to make that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Fascists and bigots are welcome to create their own Twitter and call it Twatters
    What about communists and leftists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    What about communists and leftists?
    According to 'rightists' they have twitter, so nothing to worry about.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yikes. This is a slippery slope because anything can be considered controversial.

Deleted
    As an example of facebook being anti-left wing within your logic, but we both know that would be absolutely silly to make that claim.
    You say I shitpost but then you bring up facebook even though I talked about twitter only.

Deleted
    You have people in this thread who said ''bigots'' deserve what they get.
    Okay, let me rephrase it: Objectively, sending people death threats over something like that obviously isn't okay.
    Just like it's obviously not okay to threaten people with violence just because they said something mean or whatever.

You say I shitpost but then you bring up facebook even though I talked about twitter only.
    I used it as an example of making an absolutely silly claim to relate it to your silly claim that twitter is the "left wing stormfront". Is it that hard to follow? I do try to explain stuff in decent levels of detail when I post.

Twitter is the leftist version of Stormfront.
    Hilarious post of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's a private site and business who cares what rules they enforce? You're on MMOC for gods sake, the epitome of OTT censorship
    Except when these corporations try to sue any site that creates a "similar" platform.