Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will lock demons ever become more hunter pet like?

Every expansion there is usually a new demon look or 2 and it kinda sucks that we are stuck with so little options. You think they will ever implement a system where we can pick the look of our minions besides the sucky glyph system that they change every expansion or 2.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind having a void walker or infernal with more than half the health of a hunter's tenacity pet.

So you'd like all Warlock pets to have exactly the same stats and abilities and for them to be basically a skin for an unreliable DoT?

Yeah nah, think i'll stick with having different demons you know.

Also 'lock 'pets' are not pets. They are intelligent creatures warlocks are forcing to do their bidding via a contract of some sort or outright enslavement.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Deleted
    I want all of them to provide identical single target dps. Their unique utility (as rarely as it has any meaning) should remain just that.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    So you'd like all Warlock pets to have exactly the same stats and abilities and for them to be basically a skin for an unreliable DoT?

Yeah nah, think i'll stick with having different demons you know.

Also 'lock 'pets' are not pets. They are intelligent creatures warlocks are forcing to do their bidding via a contract of some sort or outright enslavement.
    I was thinking more along the line of keeping the demon "families" but you get to pick the skin of the demon you want to summon for that family.

Demons are summons, not pets. The difference is that demon you enslave and summon would try to kill you if it could. Hunter pets are tamed and become loyal to their masters.
    Last edited by nToxik; 2017-11-23 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Demons are summons, not pets. The difference is that demon you enslave and summon would try to kill you if it could. Hunter pets are tamed and become loyal to their masters.
    Bullock. It is an infernal pact, every bit a strong as a bond a hunter has with a pet. In fact perhaps more so because one's soul is intertwined. As for Hunters, how an Undead hunter can have a bond with an animal is interesting question, as the dead are an anathema to the living. Just another contradiction. One thing you soon learn when playing WOW where rules are concerned, is there are none. Nothing makes sense.

As far as new models are concerned, it will never happen. Blizzard does not want Locks with new models for some reason. You will have to ask them why, as I can't think of good reason why not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    Bullock. It is an infernal pact, every bit a strong as a bond a hunter has with a pet. In fact perhaps more so because one's soul is intertwined. As for Hunters, how an Undead hunter can have a bond with an animal is interesting question, as the dead are an anathema to the living. Just another contradiction. One thing you soon learn when playing WOW where rules are concerned, is there are none. Nothing makes sense.

As far as new models are concerned, it will never happen. Blizzard does not want Locks with new models for some reason. You will have to ask them why, as I can't think of good reason why not.
    pretty sure that they have no loyalty towards the warlock and if their bonds broke they would instantly kill the lock. Isnt one of the lines of the doomguard "who dares summon me?", pretty sure that they are there against their will.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    pretty sure that they have no loyalty towards the warlock and if their bonds broke they would instantly kill the lock. Isnt one of the lines of the doomguard "who dares summon me?", pretty sure that they are there against their will.
    You have a point. However, although they maybe reluctant to be summoned, once summoned for better or for worse, a fusion takes place. Anyways, at the end of the day, that's neither here nor there. You simply will never get updated or different models of demons to play. That is something you have to accept. All that Art for those demons models in Legion, will be no more then wasted space.

Why they do not want to give locks more models is something that I will never understand. There must be reason. Do they think that suddenly everyone would come out of the woodwork and want to play Warlocks ? I think that is very unlikely. What other reason they might have is a mystery. Your guess is as good as mine.

Yeah, I wish I had the option to customize my pet demons... Seeing same models for every warlock in the game should have been addressed a long time ago. At the very least, give us a choice similar to that of the artifact appearance - 5-6 models with different colors to chose from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I want all of them to provide identical single target dps. Their unique utility (as rarely as it has any meaning) should remain just that.
    Agreed, except maybe the VW. Would like to use the succubus outside of pvp and not gimp dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    Bullock. It is an infernal pact, every bit a strong as a bond a hunter has with a pet. In fact perhaps more so because one's soul is intertwined.
    Various quest dialogue in the green fire chain and the comments made by the minions when you summon/dismiss them make it very clear that most of them (except the Observer) are not there by choice and do not like you.
    For example, here are some of the quotes for the Shivarra:
    "How dare you summon me?"
    "I'm not some trifling toy for you to call up on as you please!"
    "How dare you order me around!"
    "Good! Go play with some other demon. I want nothing to do with you!"

And Felguard/Doomguard:
    "Do not waste my time, lesser creature."
    "Summon me again at your peril."
    "You live...for now."

Why does everyone forget that they gave most of the warlock minions new models last expansion?

I just want a glyph to make doomguard/infernal not so big for the player who summoned it.

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    I just want a glyph to make doomguard/infernal not so big for the player who summoned it.
    Oh yes. That is one of the main issues I have with warlock's demons. Far too big. At the very least they should make a glyph to reduce their size.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it, the royally screwed up Demo and they were to lazy to fix it till the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's the little imp in Aszuna which makes a pact with the player and then kills his old eredar master. Granted, I don't remember if it explains if the old master broke the pact, but in the case it didn't that may just mean that a demon can make more than one pact and cancel the old one by killing the master...

So in short, you're good enough until someone better comes along

That's what glyphs are for. Problem is Blizzard can't be bothered to make glyphs at all anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    That's what glyphs are for. Problem is Blizzard can't be bothered to make glyphs at all anymore.
    yup, I'm still debating to change my scribe (my warlock main) to alchemy for the double duration flasks...

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    yup, I'm still debating to change my scribe (my warlock main) to alchemy for the double duration flasks...
    Already did on my demonhunter.

Not only do you get double duration flasks, but you make massively more money through a consumable that stays relevant the entire expansion and and is consumed at a greater rate than those garbage runes.

Frankly every other profession besides alchemy is a pile of garbage. I love my engineering on warlock because of access to AH on Dalaran but that's about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    Why does everyone forget that they gave most of the warlock minions new models last expansion?
    Emphasis on most. Worst are probably the Glyphed versions that still look TBC era (and attaching them to Glyphs in the first place) while Hunters get a stable.
    Give us a Grimoire of Fel Names and allow us to collect demons in some way :I I want a goddamn Fel Lord.