LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's a gay magazine shortened to GT... It says what it is
    All I can think of is this

https://youtu.be/2PPf3aaZmUw?t=34

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    That is actually a good point... how he goes about trying to right the wrongs. Maybe volunteering at various places that deal with Trans issues, suicide hotlines, etc, have an honest "kumbaya" moment.

My only issue is that it seems as a society we are forgetting that people are not perfect, life and society are messy, and forgiveness goes a long way to heal wounds... something I think the US needs to work on... which is funny because as a "christian" nation, or so the right wants us to believe, we sure do seem to have a problem with the central point of Christianity... forgiving, turning the other cheek, etc.
    I do agree with you to an extent... If he was working at say KFC and got sacked over this I would be "That's harsh" however when your job is the epitome in fighting against bigotry then it's understandable he was dropped like a heavy weight

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    All I can think of is this

https://youtu.be/2PPf3aaZmUw?t=34
    Less drugs perhaps

10+ Year Old Account
    That is actually a good point... how he goes about trying to right the wrongs. Maybe volunteering at various places that deal with Trans issues, suicide hotlines, etc, have an honest "kumbaya" moment.
    How is subjecting decent people volunteering this asshat, not punishing them, and giving this guy a gift he didn't earn.

My only issue is that it seems as a society we are forgetting that people are not perfect, life and society are messy, and forgiveness goes a long way to heal wounds... something I think the US needs to work on... which is funny because as a "Christian nation", or so the right wants us to believe, we sure do seem to have a problem with the central point of Christianity... forgiving, turning the other cheek, etc.
    Seems you confused being Christian and forgiving with being a sucker for some idiots mistake, that he hasn't earned, "people are fucking perfect" well no sht! That isn't a pass to be dicks to people and cause as much pain because you know you can just say I am sorry or didn't understand.

Yeah that might be the Christian way in some people's views, but not everyone is that kind of Christian either.

Forgiving and turning the other cheek has zero to do with holding people accountable for their actions. Forgiveness is divine and should be given because we are forgiven. That doesn't mean you don't have to work, nor does it mean everybody has to forget.

Sure not hold it against him but thus far you seem to be making this a chore for everybody else to carry this moron hurt.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Less drugs perhaps
    Still a retarded name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, as I said to Adam, if he truly is sorry, what steps has he taken, (or will take) to right his wrong actions in the past.
    Fuck his apology, like Louis C.K, or anybody else, yeah be fucking sorry if you mean it, and I can't be sure this guy didn't mean it, words or actions. So what he sorry, what is everybody else obligated to do with that.

Does that mean well the damage isn't done, you don't have to pay for it, let's make everyone else pick up the check?

Come on dude!

And that goes for the "deplorables" that Hillary mentioned. I agree with her that they are deplorable (about 30%)... I do not agree with her that they are all irredeemable. Thinking like that is what keeps the death penalty alive. Though psychopaths are probably "irredeemable", but in their case it is a hard wired trait/difference in their brain/genetics.
    You have to be 18 to vote you are supposed to be an adult, Hillary didn't force these people not to vote for her, or vote for Trump Connel, you have a foggy fucking understanding of responsibility.

Like Alt-Right Nazi's blaming black's or Obama, or Hitler Blaming the Jews because they were mean!

Dude those can all be excuses causes for what people make up in their minds, but that isn't why people act, you really need to research a little further, into how people arrive where they do, it isn't all at once. Sure a mistake can, but there is typically a build up a cascade of events that lead up.

It's why every statistical analysis and data chart for things like disease, or mortality rates can be pretty accurately accounted for. People don't change, demographics don't really change.

People really are the people they are, whether it's a life time not knowing that, or it's a life time knowing but trying to convince themselves of something else.

Change is possible, not likely but possible, and cruelty isn't justice. But trust is earned, sure people should be given a leg up, when they shown some effort, not on their time but on the time of those maybe they seek, even if what they get is nothing.

People make choices, and they choose wrong, they still have to pay for it, and when they are unable or unable because they are unwilling, you can't fix that.

Deleted
    I mean I swear and makign racist statements and jokes and the like all the time. But I dont really know the extent to which he did it, I'm guessing it was a lot worse than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is what I am talking about though... have him prove himself... that he is not actually a bigot, or homophobe, etc...
    See this right here Connal congratulations this actually pisses me off, right here, On the fucking backs of people he shit on, seriously, why the fuck do they have to carry this idiot?

They didn't make the mistake, they aren't seeking forgiveness, why the fuck is it ALWAYS, ALWAYS on the less to carry those with the most every fucking time. Sorry dude, but I am tired of that shit, and I am not alone and many are well past sick and tired of that shit.

Your "Whoopsy Daisy" I am a homophobic, or racist sexist prick isn't funny, it isn't fucking OK! Nobody owes this guy shit, he needs to humble himself first!

I don't know what is in his mind, if he is lying or not... I can only go by what he is saying... is he actually sincere? Does he actually mean it? I do not know.
    Sincere or not he has to pay for it, and if it isn't sincere then that is how you know, not by putting it on other people to carry his bullshit.

But forgiving does not mean forgetting... It just means looking past the action and seeing an imperfect human who is (hopefully) actually trying to change for the better.

Right it also doesn't mean carrying fucking trolls and stupid assholes who have never put one ounce of effort in actually fucking giving a shit about the people they want a hand from. Yeah fuck those people!

Seriously he didn't give a fuck about their pain forgiveness granted, so why the fuck should they care about his, why do you think what YOU THINK should obligate them?

If they don't want to carry them I say GOOD, have his forgiveness, now he can go fuck off, or try to earn it and humble himself expecting nothing in return if he is sincere.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-11-17 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that depends on what you think the consequences should be. Should it be blood for blood and tooth for tooth? Or are you ok with him doing something positive in the community that he harmed in the past?

You are Christian... what has Christ said about this?

Blood for blood? NO, but that doesn't mean others need to carry you now for YOUR mistakes. I have a problem with these people having to endure this dipshit for HIS benefit.

I give forgiveness to Christ because he has forgiven me, thus it's an automatic. That has nothing to do with whether or not a person has to pay for what they have done in this world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I mean I swear and makign racist statements and jokes and the like all the time. But I dont really know the extent to which he did it, I'm guessing it was a lot worse than me.
    Do you post them online though

lol that guys is savage.

I had a good laugh reading some of those comments he tweeted. Too bad for him that he actually meant those things when he wrote them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not say we need to carry him... but we should encourage him to change... and celebrate if he actually did change.

The whole point of Christianity and why "everyone is a sinner" is specifically there to remind others to be humble. To forgive the trasspasses of others, should they seek forgiveness, and change for the better. And this is not just a message in Christianity, but in other religions/philosophies as well.

But your last point is interesting...

You are forgiven, great... but does that mean you are given a blank check to be a horrible person to others because no matter what you do it is all water under the bridge thanks to Jesus?
    Well all forgiven unless you do something else. Not forgiven previously if you weren’t sincere. That’s for beyond this world. This isn’t a speeding ticket this is deeper than that, you can’t fake it or get by on a technicality. However in this one you have to pay for your mistakes if we are Christian we forgive. However if you drove wreckless hit my new Truck. I forgive you knowing you didn’t mean it. However you need to still fix my truck.

Your proposal is I pay for it and pay to fix his car.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-11-17 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My proposal is actually to have him ask you for forgiveness "Sorry I hit your car!" and then pay for the repairs (usually the insurance does that, if he had one, or he pays out of pocket).

But my question is what should he do to be forgiven... in your eyes?
    Nothing he’s already forgiven. Not going to go too much further not trying to go into religion. However he still should pay for it. If he doesn’t he doesn’t only he knows how sorry he is.

If he wants to pay for it? Do some soul searching, educate himself learn how he’s wrong and work to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, outside of being forgiven, what should his actions be, volunteer work? Donating to the causes he was against? PSA's?
    Nothing he doesn’t have to do anything. He could do the above but out of sincerity and love not guilt.

Deleted
    Do you post them online though
    Only on MMO-champ. I've had a few Tweets that are probably offensive too but nothing too terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

This guy couldn't look like more of a smug fuckface if he made it his entire life's goal. Maybe he's moved onto more socially sanctioned forms of being an asshole, but you can safely assume that he's still a total asshole.
    Well, at least he's turtlely enough for the turtle club.

- - - Updated - - -

So when do you stop the consequences portion? Should he perpetually just be fired from any job that has a good vetting process and sees his past reasons for being fired?

Actions should have consequences... but at some point they can become like a scarlet letter. When do you look past the wrongful action and tell a social pariah that they are welcome back in the group? Or is his life functionally over, in this day and age where the internet has all the dumb stuff you say, and he should just off himself?
    This post would mean something if you didn't believe in total social ostracization for beliefs and opinions you don't agree with. Either people's dumb opinions are held against them permanently or people can change.

It's on hulu, but Sarah Silverman brought on the girl who left the WBC after being on social media and realizing she didn't agree with the church.

That requires acknowledging you are wrong and seeking forgiveness... Which I have said is a prerequisite... Nazi's dont think they are wrong, and have not asked for forgiveness... have not tried to atone.

And before you say who I think are Nazis... these guys:

The guys screaming "Jews will not replace us", etc...
    And the woman from WBC legitimately believed the crap she was saying before.

Congrats on continuously being a hypocrite.

And she came out and apologized for it, and sought atonement... there is a huge difference.
    Years later. Just like this guy.

Or, we could make the case he's only sorry about his statements because it cost him his job.

I don't care if it's years later... I care that seeking forgiveness and atonement is done at all.

You can't ask for forgiveness/atone as you are screaming "Jews will not replace us" with a nazi flag by your side...
    You can later. But you'll never forgive those people. Making you a hypocrite.

I will... I said as much when someone posted the video of the guy hugging Nazies. If he manages to change someone's mind, great... I support that.
    No, you won't. For the same reason you complain about the divide in America while contributing to it actively.

Just like all that pragmatism crap died a fiery death after election night.

Well you know me so well, you know what I will say next...
    Oh right. We're not supposed to use people's past against them. Sorry for doing that.