Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, we just kicked one warlock from our guild because seeing himself topping the meters was his only priority in raids and that cost us several raiding nights this tier just because of all the bullshit wipes because things that are not supposed to die - die and those which are supposed to die - don't.
    well i guess you just exposed yourself, for affliction specifically, switching to adds or doing mechanics doesn't necessarily contradicts with maximizing dps, you can find ways to minimizing movements while soaking etc, that's why we have portals/ demonic circle/ burning rush. a lot of the times switching to priority targets such as the adds from M DI, M Harjatan, M mistress, M KJ are actually a DPS INCREASE because you gain more reaps/shards/wrath of consumption.

Also Spriest and Affliction lock should be allowed to multi doting in fights like M mistress/ M avatar maiden because they are the only two specs that the dot damage contributing to a main target dps increase. i don't believe that one warlock should take all the blame for anything dies too quick.

maybe the problem is that you need to git gud and stop blaming your guildies.

- - - Updated - - -

The reality is that it is a huge single target fight, furthermore you can wipe if you kill adds too fast. The adds die anyway to passive cleave, speccing AoE is literally DPS whoring there, especially for our progress where we had these silly 2-5% wipes or lolderp we killed adds to fast gg. Being top damage dealer on adds by 200 million damage compared to next guy in line, when raid leader asks to chill on adds and up ST, was not something amazing.
    btw none of the "valid" top affliction logs are talented into aoe on Mistress prior to 7.3, the default set up is WIA+contagion +SH and you should be doing 65~70% boss damage while maintaining top 1 on dps meter unless you have boomkin that pads. haHA
    Last edited by Realmerc; 2017-11-22 at 01:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realmerc View Post
    maybe the problem is that you need to git gud and stop blaming your guildies.
    If raid leader asks to stop DPS at KJ or not do fucking 400m damage on adds on Mistress or not touch priestess/templars, then you follow raid leader request - end of story, even if it costs your e-peen or frankly some not so important single target at that specific phase.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about your "valid" logs when you wipe because adds were killed too fast.

Of course we will blame the person who ignores everything in blatant attempt to parse during our progress. It's not frikkin' Kripp's guide to scumbag DPS driven progress - "If raid leader says "stop DPS" - it means DPS!".
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-11-22 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post

Don;t see why they'd nerf Affy's dot damage. It is clearly intended ot excel at multidot and be average at single target, and that's where we are,whereas other classes are designed to be opposite, and that's where they are.

We went into Sargeras with statements that the devs were effectively removing the "player not class" philosophy, and that there'd be fights where classes either shone or did not - that's what they mean when they say "we want a situation where a raid feels it wouldbe beneficial to have class xxx" and "we want players to feel that in this fight they will shine, but in another, not so much". And my suspiscion is that this acknowledges thatit is impossible to achieve class balance across all fights, so they might as well engineer a situation that removes the expectation of it happening. They could not have all classes exactly even on all fights where the only variable is player skill. So they might as well establish it as a deliberate policy and advertise it as a benefit. The only problem is that players tend to focus much more on fights they are 'average' at and claim they 'suck', than they do on fights where they excel and make someone else feel they suck lol

Unless they want to open the whole Malefic Grasp can of worms again, they cannot nerf aff dot damage with hurting single target and aff does not excel at that. Particularly in lowe rlevel content, where the ramp penalty kicks you quite hard.
    Kinda stupid that they went that way since Artifacts keeps you playing a single spec. Before Legion we could change spec pretty easily without too much of a dps drop so that kind of imbalance between spec wasn't such a huge deal. It's also the main reason I don't like the artifact system. They look great, have a nice story line, great power but that single reason makes all the rest useless in my opinion.

Being locked in a single spec is no fun. And if you want to switch spec, not only you need another set of gear because all three specs need different secondary stats but you've gotta grind AP for the off specs.

/rant over
    Last edited by alexchaos; 2017-11-22 at 02:37 PM.

If raid leader asks to stop DPS at KJ or not do fucking 400m damage on adds on Mistress or not touch priestess/templars, then you follow raid leader request - end of story, even if it costs your e-peen or frankly some not so important single target at that specific phase.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about your "valid" logs when you wipe because adds were killed too fast.

Of course we will blame the person who ignores everything in blatant attempt to parse during our progress. It's not frikkin' Kripp's guide to scumbag DPS driven progress - "If raid leader says "stop DPS" - it means DPS!".
    Well said. Then there is a time for padding/cheesing on farm and there is a time for doing what needs to be done to get the boss dead. A good raider knows the difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigmatar View Post
    Oh no that fucking lock applied agony to a priestsess its as good as dead
    fucking wipe it
    You obviously don't raid Mythic.....players don't get kicked/benched for padding, they get it for not following instructions/orders correctly.

There is a big fucking difference. Any sane Mythic raid leader would take a player that does 200k consistently less on fights but he does 100% of the tactics and follows instructions to the letter over someone who does 200k more, decides he/she's gonna freestyle and do their own thing.

Simple as that, no arguments no discussion.

Oh and i'm pretty dam sure that the lock that was kicked from Gaidax's guild was warned numerous amounts of times before hand about his bullshit, so to ignore that is just a plain disrespectful FU to the RL and the rest of the raiding team. Would have been out of my raid team no questions asked.

Deleted
    Some of you are talking as if affliction is the only spec that benefits from cleaving. Off the top of my head

1) Destruction warlock - immolate ticks give shard framents, you could even argue for havoc incinerates giving double normal
    2) Demonology warlock - doom shards
    3) Balance - Shooting stars grants astral power
    4) Elemental - more maelstrom from chain lightning for earth shocks + 40% of damage replicated on boss with lightning rod + flame shock grants lava burst procs and with T20 lowers fire elemental CD
    5) Shadow priest - insanity generation from dots + mind flay cleave
    6) Enhancement shaman - crash lightning boosts stormstrike priority target damage
    7) Sub rogues - bigger eviscerates
    8) MM Hunter - multishot for more energy
    9) Frost Mage - frozen orb resets from blizzard

I'm sure there are many more that I haven't thought of. Bottom line is nearly everyone has a reason to cleave onto adds, some obviously gain more or less from it but affliction isn't way better than some of these other options. So while a couple of agonys may not seem like a lot if everyone is doing similar things it can be significant depending on class composition.

I'm pretty sure Gaidax's example isn't someone simply putting up a couple of agonys anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigmatar View Post
    >Simple as that, no arguments no discussion.
    Sounds like a shitty tryhard communist guild.
    Actual good mythic raiding guilds will let players handle themselves and their damage, a good raider will know when its time to use adds to boost their damage to priority targets, they don't need to be babysitted and have everything they do under surveillance.

If you're having this discussion with your raiders, you're in a shit guild.
    I'd be surprised if you cleared 9/9 before last month.
    So you don't think any "good" mythic guild follows a overall plan? And the RL just leaves everyone to get on with it?

Are you fucking mental or just not seeing the woods for the trees? The point is there will be an overall plan for each boss and if you are operating outside of that plan to the detriment of the raid i.e causing wipes, then why the fuck would you not be reprimanded for that?

Leaving him to get on with his class is exactly what was being described and exactly what he didn't do, or didn't you get that either?

Also if you don't think there are a bank of officers watching how you play your class or perform during the raid in a serious mythic guild, then i don't think you've probably been in one sweetcheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Are you fucking mental or just not seeing the woods for the trees?
    Don't feed either the (unfunny) troll, or someone naive enough to believe in the selfless hive-minded raiders who never pad and don't need a whip. Next thing you know, he'll try to prove unicorns exist.

I killed sazzine Mythic for the first time today. We had nearly 0 progress in the past weeks because of the everyone being bored of wiping and raiding in general, it took forever to down her.

But a good amount of the wipes was because the adds died too fast. Since asking ppl to hold dps is annoying (even as a RL I find it annoying) we asked it anw but it takes discipline and humility. One thing that helps is being the first to set examples. I got rank 2 dps in my realm and I barely touched the ads.

I would not kick anyone who can't control themselves there but I would bench you in any fight you can't follow instructions. I hate kicking unless I really have to.

For the record, we (as a council of 4 RL) only kicked a guy who was exactly as gaidax had but he was drunk. Benching him wouldn't stop the trash talk so...
    Thanks for the heads up!

Probably always affliction at lower skill levels due to mobility/retarded self heals. Also has highest priority dmg of all 3 specs when adds are present

- - - Updated - - -

Last I checked only sub rogues and affliction locks were far and above top boss dmg on mistress. Other classes gain but nowhere near aff

Wasnt these post to say/explain wich spec are we gonna use on Antorus??? "Thread: Best spec for Antorus".

I think i will play aff, Just 3 reasons, Mobility(Demo or destru sucks in this playstyle and in mythic u are gonna move a lot), Add cleave and playstyle, and AP farming(Blizz make it sucks, worst spec change in wow since i play).

Take a look the first 2-3 weeks and them, decide if im gonna change spec(and them, ap farming will be easier)

By the way, Agony dosent kill the adds in mistress so fast. 10 sec to reach 10 marks(more or less) + manual doting(3-4 secs cous gcd is 1.2) so takes 15 sec to make great damage...... An elemental just blow them in 5 sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Whoever ever said it just was about agony? We have multiple dots and at certain points on Mistress/Host you perhaps should hold back Agony/Immolate/SWP/VT/Doom and so on as well.
    We have oneshot M.KJ first pull this reset and wiped on Mistress because fucking adds died too early in P3, because people seem to be unable to hold their dicks in their pants despite raid lead telling to not touch the adds.

It's basically a simple case of one guy allowing himself to pad causes everyone else to put their small dot and small cleave and nothing special AoE resulting in bullshit wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people need to give at least a bit benefit of the doubt here, not too much to ask for.

The problem was not "omgghh he putz dot on add kick", it was a pattern of 19 people doing things right and one guy doing things consistently wrong in every second fucking fight in ToS and the worst part is doing deliberately so.

And no he wasn't our only Aff, so there was a place for comparison.

Deleted
    The temptation to put agony on stuff is not solely driven by a desire to pad; remember it's a resource generator as well as a damage source. You get shards off agony ticks. As a spec that is designed to multidot is kinda sucks when a boss makes it so you shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post

Don;t see why they'd nerf Affy's dot damage. It is clearly intended ot excel at multidot and be average at single target, and that's where we are,whereas other classes are designed to be opposite, and that's where they are.

Unless they want to open the whole Malefic Grasp can of worms again, they cannot nerf aff dot damage with hurting single target and aff does not excel at that. Particularly in lowe rlevel content, where the ramp penalty kicks you quite hard.
    Except this isn't what Aff is good at; Aff isn't great at "multidot" damage in that it does a lot of damage to multiple targets. Aff does HUGE single target damage because adds exist and other people kill them. Switch to "damage done to bosses" on any fight with adds to see.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...&class=Warlock

that's not excelling at cleave. that's being busted ass ST on cleave fights while also doing comparable cleave to above average cleave specs.

what needs to be balanced about aff is either UA or soul procs. reap uptime is nuts as soon as any adds start showing up.
    Last edited by Jondar; 2017-11-27 at 09:23 PM.

Closed thread.

If you want to make a new constructive thread feel free.