Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    So what is a better way to quickly screen people you do not know when forming a group?
    Notice the good players when you do group content with them then ask if you can add them to friend list and invite them to your own groups in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    So what is a better way to quickly screen people you do not know when forming a group?
    Its rare that the full mythic geared raider with cutting edge doesn't pull their own weight and then some.

Ilv means nothing now outside of mythic raiding levels because of lol titanforging..

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Notice the good players when you do group content with them then ask if you can add them to friend list and invite them to your own groups in the future
    That's not a way to screen people you don't know: Because now you're inviting people whom you have seen playing. My point is, looking at ilvl may be a poor way to judge, but there isn't really a different way to do it.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

If I see a player has a few higher runs on wp than the key we're about to run, it's usually safe. WP score is not calculated in a useful way.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    stop thinking that m+ score or ilvl=skill

ilvl is irrelevant when it comes to how good a player is,and m+ score means even less

It doesn't help you finding better players,but at least you won't expect pugs to be any good
    I disagree. M+ score is the closest thing to a perfect way to judge a character. Yes, some very rare people can sneak in and get higher scores. But on average, if someone is sitting with a on 1800 score, and another with a 1200 score, chances are the 1800 is miles ahead of the 1200
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I disagree. M+ score is the closest thing to a perfect way to judge a character. Yes, some very rare people can sneak in and get higher scores. But on average, if someone is sitting with a on 1800 score, and another with a 1200 score, chances are the 1800 is miles ahead of the 1200
    But the problem with m+ score is, that most of the runs aren't collected by wowprogress, due to the limitation of blizzard's leaderboards.

As far as i know a decent +10 runs resuls in something around 100 points, but at the end of the week the leaderboard is full with better runs and thus yours isn't listed, and if it's not listed wowprogress can't collect it.
    While it is an better indicator as ilvl, i wouldn't use it until it works more reliable - which will most likely never be the case.
    Last edited by Ribesal; 2017-11-22 at 02:00 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    But the problem with m+ score is, that most of the runs aren't collected by wowprogress, due to the limitation of blizzard's leaderboards.
    I mean, if you get them done early enough in the week, you're pretty well off. I've never personally encountered the issue you're mentioning
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    People saying that M+ score means nothing xd

Im sure those people with a lowest intime being a 20 are shit players, right? And someone with a max clear 11 that took 65minutes in DHT is probably a phenomenal player in an unlucky group?

And to the guy saying it depends when in the week you clear it, I've never had that problem but that's maybe related to doing 10s, ergo the absolute minimum, ergo not a person I'd ever invite to 15+s

I'm really not seeing a problem here, so far so good. Also try using the Raider IO addon, the thing is phenomenal for M+ runs and its a ton easier to make groups ever since I installed it.
    Last edited by mmoc96f3bf9e48; 2017-11-22 at 02:04 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in my guild at least, interest in weekly +10s is very low at this point. Guild participation in general has been suffering greatly and the expected surge of activity pre-Antorus has not occured. I think many of my guilds raiders are in a state of ptsd from the utter shitshow that was the latter half of ToS. And as it happens, the raiding crew were the only ones who religiously bothered with weekly +10s to begin with. All we have left are people boosting alts, or casual players dipping thier toes into M+

Everyone else is awol.

M+ scores isn't really favorable for good players who just do low keys for the week.. They get rejected for even 10s because of this..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsTiddles View Post
    Is there some indicator for a skilled player that isn't obvious? How are people suppose to assume someone is secretly skilled and just not doing the content? Take their word for it?
    Fair I understand that it's difficult but yeah, if you ask someone and they say to your face i'm good that says to me that they are confident in what they can do. Personally I know people who want to do content and have all the ilvl and experience they need but have no skill and they know they are no good but they still try. What I mean is a little trust and communication won't hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    Corrrect. Ignore, because they're not good. You're in the situation that every human is.

They think they're good with no basis.

"M+ score doesn't matter.". As soon as you hit 2k, you request it.

"ilvl doesn't matter". -> you're low ilvl. As soon as you git 940, you request no less than that.

Stop being a hypocrite. Sorry for attacking you, but it's getting tired, how unintelligent o you have to be to even contemplate saying these things?

I'm a 945, decent M+ score tank with all my alts at 940 or so and don't even play a lot, yet I can recognize that the only relevant stat is ilvl, because having seen plenty of 2K+ people, they never perform.
    I'm 945 too, alot of people are at the moment you can get 955 gear from LFR FFS, that's why people say ilvl means nothing. I know what your saying though, once you have something you expect it from people yeah like curve for hc raid where you get the curve, 930+ for a raid with give 915+ gear. It's stupid like needing years of experience for a job which you need to get experience. M+ score just adds a new layer of crap to a shit system.

Some points I've seen:
    mythic raiders who have low ilvl, out preform people with 20-30 more.
    Hc gear raiders who don't even know there spec let alone there class.
    People with 2k+ M+ score wiping on M+ 10 like they have never done the dungeon before.
    And lastly skilled players(9/9M raiders) who only run 10+ to get the weekly chest and AP and have low scores.

Don't ignore people cause they don't have X ilvl or X M+ Score, or atleast we shouldn't.

Deleted
    Oh man i just returned to the game after quitting in december last year , where i was doing +7+8 runs and highest was +10 on my ilvl 870 resto shaman and now after 2 days i quickly got to ilvl 881 , but the ignorance that people have that this is a to low Ilvl for +7 +8's it really baffles me . I'm even getting bloody rejected for simple +3's now... or simple people putting in ilvl 900 + for "random dungeon" +4 etc... I don't know what the fuck happened to the game the last 10 months but i'm already getting pissed bored because it take so dam long to get in a fucking mythic + group now. It just feels that i need start all over again...

M+ score honestly doesn't mean much. With my former guild we did a lot of very successful m+ runs weekly, but we rarely went above 10/15 (depending on what was max ilvl reward) mostly because of lack of incentive. It's not because we couldn't go higher skill-wise, but there just wasn't a reward worth it for us. Meanwhile we had at least 2 muppets in the guild pugging higher keys but were worse players.

I spam m+ whenever not raiding with a mate and it's usually me and a mate carrying the other 3, which is fine.. we expect it but there is a limit before we get pissed off, I agree ilvl dosent mean skill and neither does m+ score however with most people just being terrible i use raider.io addon to see the score of people, it isn't a guaranteed "knows what they;re doing" thing but more than often it works okay.

From what I've noticed avoid Tuesday if EU, it's the worst day for mythics, all the scrubs are just trying to get a 10 done and they do not know any mechanics, heck i have raiders who have KJ mythic down who step into a 10 and know fuck all.

There really isn't much point to doing m+ after your weekly though so thats probably the reason for lack of quality players, it'll end up changing when the ilvl gets bumped up for a short period i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    Oh man i just returned to the game after quitting in december last year ,
    Well then you've missed 2 waves of m+ rescaling and 2 waves of solo catch up gear.

If you skip another 1 year you might be surprised that your 110 level doesn't get you in the groups any more, because the new cap is 120...