Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Has a new feature been added that removes ignored users threads from view?

Just I'm browsing and a few people who I have on ignore who are the OP of certain threads which no longer show in those sections.

Was this added recently?

Because if so it's about damn time.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-18 at 12:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just I'm browsing and a few people who I have on ignore who are the OP of certain threads which no longer show in those sections.

Was this added recently?

Because if so it's about damn time.
    Think so, aye. At least according to other threads.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

All we need now is to allow auto ignore of people who are ignoring me so I don't waste time trying to help them out etc.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

That's amazing news! I have a good deal of trolls spamming pointless threads on my ignore list, glad I won't have to shift through them due to clickbaity title anymore. Maybe I should add a few more, especially with the plague of vanilla fanboys not sticking to vanilla forum section (which I have filtered out from the front page in the first place as I have no interest in it).

If you like what you see then feel free to press that Premium button on the top right of this page. *hint wink hint* You might see some other features you've been asking for if you do.

Yup, someone asked for it in a Premium thread, I took a look and delivered. It doesn't affect anywhere but the thread listing when you are looking at a forum due to how the other places select threads to display, but that takes care of the majority of places you will see ignored users' threads.

This is the greatest thing this site has ever put out. Now I can personally get rid of certain spammers that seem to get away with it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

@Tennis thoughts? this cant be good for business

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    @Tennis thoughts? this cant be good for business
    It's okay. I have several people on ignore so this could work to my advantage as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    <3

Been waiting for this one. Tired of certain performance "artists" we have in here. While the ignore function we have had goes a long way, this new function just makes them disappear almost entirely.

I love you.

Literally half of the threads on General Off-Topic disappear. This is the greatest day of Mmo-champ.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Literally half of the threads on General Off-Topic disappear. This is the greatest day of Mmo-champ.
    Hahaha, I guess off topic section is ripe with people who just up their post counts. I have filtered everything that doesn't interest me (mostly leaving retail wow and few other specific games sub forums), but there are few "certain people" who always open some mundane QQ or humblebrag threads that bring nothing just waste reader's time. In b4 everyone puts them on ignore and they will make a new account because only tumbleweeds will roll in their threads, and trolls live from attention. This is worse punishment than actually getting banned for 1 week and then going back to spamming troll threads and feeding off renewed attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Hahaha, I guess off topic section is ripe with people who just up their post counts. I have filtered everything that doesn't interest me (mostly leaving retail wow and few other specific games sub forums), but there are few "certain people" who always open some mundane QQ or humblebrag threads that bring nothing just waste reader's time. In b4 everyone puts them on ignore and they will make a new account because only tumbleweeds will roll in their threads, and trolls live from attention. This is worse punishment than actually getting banned for 1 week and then going back to spamming troll threads and feeding off renewed attention.
    Last I checked (could be wrong), Gen-OT doesn't give post count, does it? Lets check, 9603...

E: 9604. Guess it does. Hmm.
    E2: To add to your post, I imagine they'll also use their alt-accounts to bump their own threads.

OT: I guess now would be a time to start using the ignore feature since it actually works!
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-11-20 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woot awesome now some can stop complaining about threads the could have easily ignored by people they don't like WIN WIN!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Last I checked (could be wrong), Gen-OT doesn't give post count, does it? Lets check, 9603...

E: 9604. Guess it does. Hmm.
    E2: To add to your post, I imagine they'll also use their alt-accounts to bump their own threads.

OT: I guess now would be a time to start using the ignore feature since it actually works!
    It's Fun Stuff that doesn't give post count.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's Fun Stuff that doesn't give post count.
    Aaha thanks, I knew there was one! Always thought it was Gen-OT for some reason though.

Is there a way to disable this feature without taking people off ignore? Some people I have on ignore do sometimes create decent threads, although it is rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Is there a way to disable this feature without taking people off ignore? Some people I have on ignore do sometimes create decent threads, although it is rare.
    Nope. If you want to see content created by users, don't ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Nope. If you want to see content created by users, don't ignore them.
    I mean the ignore feature worked the same way for years and this sudden change while pretty nice for many really defeats the purpose for me. Can you at least consider adding a toggle to this new option? Like I said, sometimes people on ignore DO make a thread that becomes a good topic for discussion but wading through 9 other shitty threads they make sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean the ignore feature worked the same way for years and this sudden change while pretty nice for many really defeats the purpose for me. Can you at least consider adding a toggle to this new option? Like I said, sometimes people on ignore DO make a thread that becomes a good topic for discussion but wading through 9 other shitty threads they make sucks.
    I'll keep this request in mind for future work, but ignore generally means ignore a user. If you are reading their thread titles, you clearly don't want to ignore them. Also, adding options for anything is a ton of work for very little value.