Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I'll keep this request in mind for future work, but ignore generally means ignore a user. If you are reading their thread titles, you clearly don't want to ignore them. Also, adding options for anything is a ton of work for very little value.
    Well originally all I saw was a thread that was getting a lot of posts and when I click on it I see that it was someone on my ignore list. Yes I know that you could hover over a thread and if it was someone on ignore it wouldn't display the first few lines of a thread. However when just opening up a section of the WoW forums if I see an interesting topic I click on it, now some of the topics that might be a rare gem just because someone on my ignore list finally made a decent thread I would miss it.

Best example would be (without naming names) a person in WoW general that creates many threads, 9 out of 10 are garbage and they make so many it was best for me to ignore them but 1 out of 10 times they'd make a thread that would have good discussion in it despite the presence of the OP.

Yup, someone asked for it in a Premium thread, I took a look and delivered. It doesn't affect anywhere but the thread listing when you are looking at a forum due to how the other places select threads to display, but that takes care of the majority of places you will see ignored users' threads.
    Thanks a lot for this. It was really annoying seeing threads from certain people in the "recently posted" area at the top. I could always guess who the thread made and was really annoyed because they showed up even though I had them on ignore.

Thanks dude.

P.S not a bit early for a christmas avatar?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you @chaud, and I really mean that. You have saved me from myself by not having to feel compelled ripping certain members over the stupid posts they make. That will save me a lot of infractions in the future methinks!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll keep this request in mind for future work, but ignore generally means ignore a user. If you are reading their thread titles, you clearly don't want to ignore them. Also, adding options for anything is a ton of work for very little value.
    The only time we can see their posts is if they are the most recently replied to thread in a sub forum, which is good enough. If we go to the sub forum and don't see the thread, it's easy to determine who the OP was.

Yup, someone asked for it in a Premium thread, I took a look and delivered. It doesn't affect anywhere but the thread listing when you are looking at a forum due to how the other places select threads to display, but that takes care of the majority of places you will see ignored users' threads.
    Oi, raise file size allowance of Avatars and Signatures for Premium users! I'd go Premium if you do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this also mean that if an ignored user creates a thread and it is in the recent forum posts on the front page, it wont show up if you have that person on ignore who created the thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this also remove those threads from 7 shown on the front page under "Recent Forum Posts"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Does this also mean that if an ignored user creates a thread and it is in the recent forum posts on the front page, it wont show up if you have that person on ignore who created the thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Does this also remove those threads from 7 shown on the front page under "Recent Forum Posts"?

It doesn't affect anywhere but the thread listing when you are looking at a forum
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^