Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Can we have Frosaken with hidden bones and unripped clothes now?

Now that we are getting orcs without hunchbacks, can we also get the long-requested feature for undead characters without exposed bone and ripped clothes everywhere? It looks a little silly when you’re wearing platemail and it’s somehow shredded at the knees and elbows with a spine melting through the back plate. Also, sometimes you just want to have a nice robe that isn’t all ripped up, y’know?

This should be fairly easy to add into the game too, because China’s version of WoW already has the models like this, so adding them to the other regional versions shouldn’t take any extra 3D modeling work, at least.

Also, it would be really cool to have some better duds now that our warchief is Sylvanas. We’ve got the ability now that we lead the horde. :P

I would love this. I have wanted it for a long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Undead always have that posture that there going to pull off a ultra beatdown on someones candy ass
    #TeamSylvanas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    I would love this. I have wanted it for a long time.
    Me too! I only have a single undead character at the moment, but I’d race change at least one of my other characters for sure if they added this to the game. (Maybe two.) I’d like my mage and priest to be undead, but both those classes I see as a more refined pristine clothing-wearer class, the tatters aren’t fitting. (Guess it depends on how you spin it, but the typical class fantasy for mages and priests has them very scholarly and well dressed.)

I approve this post!

How about some "restored" undead(e.g. Nathanos, Sylvanas) as an allied race while we're at it? They would have to give a lore explanation as to how the Forsaken got a cure/better way to raise undead, but after Void Elves anything is possible.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd also like a "Standing Upright" toggle in the character creator because that would be swank.

Even with bones hanging out it would still be cool.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

And maybe make their stance and running animation face forward instead of that awkward sidestrafing?

Seems like something they could enable with the orc back option in the barbershop. Technically you have those files already and can enable them by changing a setting in your config file.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ort=confidence

Though you get all the Chinese edits.

Its already a thing in china, i dont know why it cant be an option here.

I've wrote this in a couple of other threads, but one thing I would love to see is not only limb options for undead, but also having individual options for each limbs. Like having the option to choose your left leg being undamaged, right leg being ripped, left arm being undamaged and right arm being skeletal, as an example.

I would also like to see that. I never create a forsaken, because of the broken armor and the spine. So a human model like Nathanos (Zombie Forsaken) or no bones and a straight back would be much appriceated
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

As someone who loves the bone joints I call it blasphemy of the tallest order.
    That said, your character, do what you want, but if you want to go play human you should just go play human.
    I'd want more zombie options like skeletons and ghouls and ghost-banshees myself. But whatever floats you non-zombie people's boats I guess.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    I've wrote this in a couple of other threads, but one thing I would love to see is not only limb options for undead, but also having individual options for each limbs. Like having the option to choose your left leg being undamaged, right leg being ripped, left arm being undamaged and right arm being skeletal, as an example.
    That's an exponential quantity of individual models...

So. Models are discrete. You can't take a Tauren model and swap out the head for a Forsaken without creating a new model in the database entry. To have the -current- number of torn bits on Forsaken interchangeable (Not including adding in wholly skeletal bits) you would need.

1: All pieces whole.
    2: Right arm bad.
    3: Left arm bad.
    4: Both arms bad.
    5 Right leg bad.
    6: Left leg bad.
    7: Both legs bad.
    8: Right arm and right leg bad.
    9: Right arm and left leg bad.
    10: Left arm and right leg bad.
    11: Left arm and left leg bad.
    12: All limbs bad but right arm.
    13: All limbs bad but right leg.
    14: All limbs bad but left arm.
    15: All limbs bad but left leg.
    16: All limbs bad.

Oh. Wait. Forgot to include the Spine visible or hidden in each of those. So double it (since all other options require spine available or not) and throw one more on top as "Spine bad, everything else normal"

33 discrete model entries.

And -then- we get another exponent for Skeletal limbs since Skeletal limbs can work with spine or not as well as each "Bad" limb or not.

The growth is exponential as you add more details of that kind.
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2017-11-18 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I would likely make a forsaken if not for the gear always being fucked up with the bones sticking through, I enjoy their zones and aesthetic otherwise.

I'd imagine it's coming, the first six are apparently only the first wave of 'allied races' maybe a slightly less dead UD is in the later ones though we'll probably get UD Elves instead got to wedge more fucking elves in somewhere.....
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    I'd imagine it's coming, the first six are apparently only the first wave of 'allied races' maybe a slightly less dead UD is in the later ones though we'll probably get UD Elves instead got to wedge more fucking elves in somewhere.....
    They wouldn't be fucking elves if they weren't wedged in!

... okay, that was a bad joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Yeah, I’d much rather have undead trolls or something as an undead allied race.

I want the toggle option for bones/tatters to be a feature, like the orcs straight posture, rather than a whole allied race.

And I agree with you, we have MORE than enough playable elf variants already. Please, make it stop, lol.

Always liked the Chinese version of undead more than the rest of the regions. All it would need is a copy/paste more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    That's an exponential quantity of individual models...

So. Models are discrete. You can't take a Tauren model and swap out the head for a Forsaken without creating a new model in the database entry. To have the -current- number of torn bits on Forsaken interchangeable (Not including adding in wholly skeletal bits) you would need.

1: All pieces whole.
    2: Right arm bad.
    3: Left arm bad.
    4: Both arms bad.
    5 Right leg bad.
    6: Left leg bad.
    7: Both legs bad.
    8: Right arm and right leg bad.
    9: Right arm and left leg bad.
    10: Left arm and right leg bad.
    11: Left arm and left leg bad.
    12: All limbs bad but right arm.
    13: All limbs bad but right leg.
    14: All limbs bad but left arm.
    15: All limbs bad but left leg.
    16: All limbs bad.

Oh. Wait. Forgot to include the Spine visible or hidden in each of those. So double it (since all other options require spine available or not) and throw one more on top as "Spine bad, everything else normal"

33 discrete model entries.

And -then- we get another exponent for Skeletal limbs since Skeletal limbs can work with spine or not as well as each "Bad" limb or not.

The growth is exponential as you add more details of that kind.
    I see. Excuse my ignorance regarding the subject, especially since I don't understand how game designing works. And judging from this I definitely wont be getting my hopes up. Still would've been cool though.

Does this also include current customization including hair style, hair color, facial hair, skin tone, etc?