Poll: Which names?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My Tauren Paladin is Tauroctony, which was retired and made into a Tauren DK named Tauroktonos which is the greek word for Tauroctony which translates to 'bull-killing'.

My toon names:

• Swåglørd
    • Bieberfever
    • Insulinshot
    • Senpai
    • Ragedump
    • Swoleverine
    • Broseiden
    • Scorchmonkey
    • Illidank

Probably missing a few, those are just off the top of my head.

I generally use serious names since I was a big RPer in my younger days, so some of the names are from my D&D characters, but some are from various other sources like shows (Kosh), books (Raistlin), etc.

All three, but it greatly depends on my mood.

I have a Warlock named OscarDiggs. No one gets it.

After my main, a warlock, went with an attempt at humour.

-Achiliesheal, healer priest
    -Sherrman, DK tank
    -Euthinise the Patient (correct spelling blocked), Rogue
    -Ludblust, Shammy
    -Gobbluth, Goblin Warrior
    -Subparlock, Mage
    -'Salty' Crapdemolock, DH tank
    -Fartmuscle, Pandaren monk
    -and my mule Winfred

I did have a Belf pally called Horemone, but that was immature, so I deleted him and made a Tauren pally called Bilboswagins.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

I probably wouldn't be playing WoW if I hadn't read Tolkien as a kid. Book blew my mind with its attention to detail and I've been a bit of a fantasy fan ever since. I don't do WoW RP, per se, but I role play in my head a fair bit when I'm doing solo content. My toons are all named something that fits their culture and the image I have for them. I used to use the Fantasy Name Generator, which has sections for each WoW race, but lately I've been using WoW's random names figuring they're also supposed to be race/culture specific. I do try to re-roll till I get one that's easy to pronounce, or at least has an obvious short version my friends can remember, e.g. "Fel" for "Felfaadaern" and "Ben" for "Benhir".

I don't judge how others name their toons, but this is what's fun for me.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why but I name all my characters after a Phobia or an old demon from the Bible etc. something like Pazuzu or Clinophobia as is my name in the forums here lol, i am a bit weird when I think about it haha

I'd say 95% serious. I sometimes name them by a first name and other times by what their surname would be. Occasionally I'll name them by a nickname too.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Mostly serious but I take the opportunities for fun when I see em.
    Tauren DK - Expiredmeat
    Demon Hunter - Phillidan

I seriously name almost all my characters with a 3 letter name. For example Rwq or Zdq or Zdx.

A few characters have proper names with meanings etc.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a bit of all 3. The funny ones I usually try to pair up with a title, such as my alt priest "Salty Koq" or my alt warlock "Chaka Khan". I tend to go more serious names for characters I like/play more though.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit of each category. My favourite of the silly names I've used is "Imtemporary". He was initially going to be temporary, but I just grew too attached to him.

Serious. I try to name my characters in relevance to their race. Sometimes I'll randomize, and build off of that. My "silly" names are usually reserved for Goblins and Gnomes - but they aren't a phrase or anything. They're just silly-sounding, yet fitting names.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I mix mine.

Some I name after mythological figures or concepts in other languages that fit the class or spec I'm playing.

The rest are puns.

My main is Soeroah, so I try to make puns based on that. My hunter is Soemunculus, because goblins are small, and a homunculus is a "little person". My Monk is Soediac, because zodiac. All my hunter's pets are pun names, too, because what kind of goblin hunter wouldn't name their crab Pennypincher or their devilsaur Dinomight?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an RP'er at heart, so every name on RP servers are to fit the RP world. On PvE/PvP, it is a little of each.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Mine would be the almost serious in naming. They may not work %100 as a rp name but could with a bit of wiggle room if it needed.

Majority of my character names are in the "Serious" category.

I like to try and come up with an actual name that might fit the choice of race. "Casual" and "Funny" names are generally somewhat meh in my opinion.

Only two instances I can think of that I'd say are in the "Casual" area are my Warrior and Monk, Wishblade and Wishy, one because it's just a random choice from over a decade ago that doesn't fit a Troll, and two because I had the option to call a character Wishy, so I did! XP

I tend to use some letters of the class and race of the character I make, and adding something random that sounds nice in total.

For example, let's say I am about to make a troll hunter.

I could use the "hun" and "oll", maybe come up with Hunoll. Or maybe use the "tr" and "nter" and go with something like Tronter. I don't know, these just came up to my head as I was writing this, but you get the idea.

For my tauren shaman, for example, I went with Shudon. It has the "Sh" from shaman, and the don just sounded nice for a Tauren.

serious, but i'm not creative so i random generate it.