Poll: Are you able to play as much as you used to?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    could i?

yes.

will i ever again dedicate my evenings to wiping on bosses, my immediate after work hours to doing dailies, the weekends to farming anything possible?

not a fuckin chance.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

No, but I also feel no pressure to rush this time. All I did in Vanilla was raid; did not even have any time for alts.

I won't raid anymore, so I can take my time leveling, pvp (twinks included), alts, professions...basically everything raiding took away from me the first time around.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have very little gaming time anymore. This week I've managed to play games for about 3 hours total but I can make time if I want to.

For classic I was going to play it in lulls between content patches in bfa.

I was a vanilla player, so I will use my time a lot more efficiently this time around. I know what class I want to play and I know the best way to get it levelled and raid ready so it's not going to take me nearly as much a time investment as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Simple question.

The world we live in today is very different to what it was a decade ago. With how everything has changed, would you be able to play as much Classic WoW as you did back when it was current?
    It seems some people think, since they were 14 when WoW came out, that everyone was. In fact, the ages of players ranged dramatically... it wasn't a kid's game then, it isn't one now.

I'm actually semi-retired now... and can play MORE than I played "back then". And even if one couldn't... that would not make a difference. Whether you play 2 hours a day, or 8... you are playing a game and enjoying it.

"But it will take so long to level! To get to endgame!"

And you are in a hurry? If so.. why? You have to remember... the first 3 expansions... leveling was an important part of the game. Now it's a just a nuisance... but that is Blizard's fault... not the game's.

If you enjoy the game, then playing and progressing whether it's 3 hours a night, or 3 hours a week will be fun. If you truly don;t want to level... then Classic will not be for you. If you do not like to farm resist gear, rep, and perform attunements, then Classic is not your game.

If you want to blow thru to max level in 10 hours and start grinding empty, unrewarding content... BfA will be more your speed.

i was 9 years old when my brother installed the US open beta on my PC and i was only allowed to play 3-4 hours a week. So yes i can commit way more time now.

Oddly enough, yes. Now that I work from home, I can play during downtime pretty regularly. If you asked me 5 years ago, I'd have said hell no.