Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Proffession idiea??

Helo, ive had idea for a proffession in Battle for Azeroth, maybe because expansion is based at sea, we can have a new profesion, its been so long since they added one of this? maybe a swimming or bote building proffession, so wen ur going to ur excersion 3v3 AI thing, u can build a bote to sail there... share ur thoughts please.
    Last edited by mmoc5e99795dce; 2017-11-19 at 01:14 PM.

Blizzard have stated we don't have our own boat.

Swimming profession just seems to be grasping at straws.
    And a profession should cover more than just one expansion of content, but be applicable to some extent at all level ranges.
    What you describe would only apply to BfA content, and nothing before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    hmm i think ur right to be honest, wat about a proffession for making transmog? would be good for the roleplay community and looking awesome when doing raids, maybe a way to craft tier 3

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't need to be specifically boat building but a Wood working profession like those that exist in many other games. I don't really have any ideas tho, just narrowing down yours.

Quote Originally Posted by KitzuEU View Post
    hmm i think ur right to be honest, wat about a proffession for making transmog? would be good for the roleplay community and looking awesome when doing raids, maybe a way to craft tier 3
    Blacksmithing, Tailoring, Leatherworking, and Enchanting.
    All have produced equipment usable for transmog.

You seem determined to introduce some new profession idea, shifting from what you thought was a themed idea to now one simply for the sake of another.
    Come up with a solid idea and there can be discussion, but simply "new profession" isn't that.

Look at the actual need, is there something players are gaining from something else - or want to gain from something else that a profession could fill.

Is it equipment, consumables, or a mixture etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazykeven View Post
    Doesn't need to be specifically boat building but a Wood working profession like those that exist in many other games. I don't really have any ideas tho, just narrowing down yours.
    I get that it is not your idea, but what would woodworking actually give.
    Can't do armor, can't do much in way of consumables without really stretching, limited weapon options, etc.

Been brought up many times, but I have not seen a good argument for it yet.
    Only lots of overlaps with other professions, and lack of content of its own.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-19 at 01:34 PM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I do have a need, a need for tier 3 transmog, i see other players in tier 3 and im jelous, i want

I do have a need, a need for tier 3 transmog, i see other players in tier 3 and im jelous, i want
    No, that is a personal want, and not something filling a gap as I described.
    I can't tell if you are trying to be funny here, or you actually believe what you are saying.
    The BMAH is there as an option.
    It isn't meant to simply be convenient in the way that trivialises it in the way a profession would for most items.

Your arguments are just getting sillier.
    So desperate to actually make a poorly thought out request actually mean something, when you are only further showing why it was a mistake in the first place.

You can't even decide why we need a new profession, let alone what the aim of it is.

Boats suggestion has the issue of being tailored just to a very narrow part of the latest expansion, in complete contrast to every other profession.
    And I hope you don't find the swimming suggestion to be serious.
    Two different ideas in even the first paragraph.

Then a change for no other reason than simply to have another profession for the sake of it.
    I don't get what the aim is here.
    I hope this is some sort of act.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-19 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted
    wtf what a toxic response, im just giving my ideas man jeez.

There will be no new professions, if anything some will be removed.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

wtf what a toxic response, im just giving my ideas man jeez.
    Lol, I know right

I would love to see blizzards take on a transmog profession, maybe a secondary profession that works with the primary crafting ones to not make Old Content craftables unusable. Or maybe adding color variations to transmogs you've already unlocked.

"Boat Crafting" and "Woodworking" might not work in wow right now, but I would love to see player housing on a boat, that way you can take it to most expansions. That could be worked in as a profession if players can get them quite early

lol I believe these are covered by Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, etc. If not then it would probably step on the toes of those professions. They could expand those professions by adding old tiers or new transmog though.

Maybe not a new one (like woodworking, it may be useful IF we get housing system imo) but I really want to see armor dyes, could be added to inscription.

In my opinion we have enough professions struggling to be useful that adding another to the list would be more bloat. Rather than a new profession it might be better to give new functionality to an existing profession (eg add wood working to inscription). A lot of effort was spent prior to legion 'fixing' professions. Most of that involved additional time sinks for little purpose and much more difficulty in levelling professions. I think all the effort introduced new problems rather than 'fixing' professions looking for meaning.

Hey how about a cake maker?!

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see a cosmetic secondary profession, that requires you to actually interact with players for the most part.

"Artist" would be simple enough. Can dye armor (or sell dye on AH), apply war paints & tattoos (including to hunter pets), craft costumes, and double as a mobile Transmogrifier (at a reduced cost, but you keep the gold).

real player housing with a wood working would work. esp if WoD professions came back.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

How about an apprentice arm wrestler?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPewGG View Post
    Maybe not a new one (like woodworking, it may be useful IF we get housing system imo) but I really want to see armor dyes, could be added to inscription.
    armor in wow is done a specific way it is made with colours in mind, then they color shift it.
    you cant just dye it
    in stuff in guild wars and swtor you can because the armor is made with seprate parts and is made white by default then allowing colours to be splatched ontop.
    yet we could get more sets but overall they would have to be less cartoony, less detaile,d and less themed.

also i dont want everyone running around in hot pink 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    I wish they would make a profession that is about designing transmogs. Creating new color variants, adjusting features and sizes. Would be pretty cool to walk around in designer clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    There will be no new professions, if anything some will be removed.
    heh Bye First Aid......
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.