Deleted

Disc priest rotation in between burst

Hi

I try to switch from Holy to Disc, and been reading and running some LFR for practice.

The burst I can handle, but the period in between I find difficult.

Do you stack 5 plea, and the Penance/Smite until they drop, and the reapply or du you do 5 plea, penance, shield, smite, plea, smite, plea, penance and by that always keep 5 plea up at all times?

I know it depends a lot on the fight, but i was wondering if there are some easy rotation for the calm periods....??

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phriestoz View Post
    Hi

I try to switch from Holy to Disc, and been reading and running some LFR for practice.

The burst I can handle, but the period in between I find difficult.

Do you stack 5 plea, and the Penance/Smite until they drop, and the reapply or du you do 5 plea, penance, shield, smite, plea, smite, plea, penance and by that always keep 5 plea up at all times?

I know it depends a lot on the fight, but i was wondering if there are some easy rotation for the calm periods....??
    There's no hard and fast rule of '5' at all times; you'll very often want to work in a Radiance in between your bursts (making sure both charges are off CD when you need them for burst), you'll want to fill with SM if it won't overheal, and you'll want to make sure you always have Pleas on targets who will take damage. Don't let them fall off and then restack - always keep your atonements rolling. Always use Penance on CD. I know that probably doesn't help much. I guess my main advice would be to stop keeping track of the actual number and just try to get a feel for how many you need. I would recommend checking the logs for each fight and looking at the number of casts of each spell and when they cast them.

Yeah, there's no hard and fast rule, and a lot is dependent on group size, your co-healers, and the damage type. I raid in a small group, where I am often 2 or 3 healing. In such a situation, I'll use plea to cover all sorts of small damage, and usually run around 5 atonements or more between radiances. But in a larger group with 3-4 co-healers, small, non-dot damage will most likely be sniped by healers that are better suited to it. In those situations I'll usually only apply atonement to tanks and people with DoTs, where atonement excels. This also saves mana for covering more people during bursts.

If covering 5 or more, I weave atonement application in with dps casts, as they fall off, unless I am prepping for a known incoming damage event, where I go all in on atonement application so as to save my penance for the hit.