Healer Mythic+ without tier sets

Hey guys I know doing mythic+ is possible with on any healer without tier set, but I would like to push mythic+ without having to get tier sets what healer would you recommend would be able to push mythic+ without having to get their tier sets?

Deleted
    Just as you wrote already, every healer can do it without set.

The thing is, since healers are slightly less reliant on having max stats and max ilvl possible, their tier set effects can, comparatively, be stronger, thus "forcing" some of them even into using two sets, combining some 2set and 4set pieces, more or less ignoring the ilvl itself.

If you really wanna "push" m+ to its max, you might want to get those tier pieces asap.

Or, since it sounds like you consider starting a new char for it, just wait for BfA where there are no tier pieces anymore, allowing healers to do what the majority already does: just look at dat sweet ilvl.

I do want BfA to come out but I would love to push and not have to worry about a tier set right now i can get from 935 to 940 on my main if I don't use tier set but I know my class needs ( holy priest) was wondering if another class can compete and not need tier set is all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Any tier set would probably buff your m+ caps, but I would say when it comes to making a new class, you should be more wary of legendaries than tier. As a resto shaman, I only whip out tier on certain bosses but it's insanely effective on them.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTiddles View Post
    Any tier set would probably buff your m+ caps, but I would say when it comes to making a new class, you should be more wary of legendaries than tier. As a resto shaman, I only whip out tier on certain bosses but it's insanely effective on them.
    Very interesting I will have to look into that. Because I follow raider.io and look at peoples battle.net and every now and again I run into people with no tier set on but I assume its because its battle.net playing tricks on me.

You also have to get some good trinkets. Raid trinkets are the best by far for most specs.

I'm not into high mm+ but i think the T20 for mistweaver doesn't bring much here. I ditched both bonus for higher ilvl haste/mastery gear. I'm not sure MW is the best healer for mm+ though
    T21 looks good for mm+

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I would say shaman, But this will change almost every single raid tier. For T20, shaman. T21, Holy Priest

Deleted
    if you genuinely want to heal only mythic+ and don't mind the class and don't mind not having teir sets, i would go pally.

i have priest holy and disc, Pally and shammy all at 940+ ilvl all healer main specs and the pally is the best for the job. it's not the most fun in my opinion but it's a workhorse and will make it easy to push high keys and won't rely on the tier set.

most fun is disc but again it's an opinion
    most utility is shammy
    most easy ride healing in mythic+ is pally
    holy is to easy/boring and no utility in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by theboycooper View Post
    if you genuinely want to heal only mythic+ and don't mind the class and don't mind not having teir sets, i would go pally.

i have priest holy and disc, Pally and shammy all at 940+ ilvl all healer main specs and the pally is the best for the job. it's not the most fun in my opinion but it's a workhorse and will make it easy to push high keys and won't rely on the tier set.

most fun is disc but again it's an opinion
    most utility is shammy
    most easy ride healing in mythic+ is pally
    holy is to easy/boring and no utility in my opinion
    I figured it would be Holy pally. Is disc even able to push keys without tier ? or is that a requirement I do have a disc priest at 938 ilvl without tier.

Druid is the best m+ healer and the tier bonuses are lackluster for dungeons (2p20 is ok I guess). So druid.
    The pally 4p20 is pretty amazing for dungeons so not sure why recommend that class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    Druid is the best m+ healer and the tier bonuses are lackluster for dungeons (2p20 is ok I guess). So druid.
    The pally 4p20 is pretty amazing for dungeons so not sure why recommend that class.
    He’s not looking to play with their sets. So pally would be the best for him in my opinion.

And disc can push high keys but you need to play with friends as pugging with disc is hard work

He’s not looking to play with their sets. So pally would be the best for him in my opinion.

And disc can push high keys but you need to play with friends as pugging with disc is hard work
    Just reread what I said - pally is not a good choice imo because it has a great tier bonus (which he won't have) and druid doesn't rely on that as much.

Paladin 4p20 is very powerful in dungeons. Not going for it would be stupid. And it gets even better with Maraad's Dying Breath. Of course that doesn't mean that paladin is unplayable without 4p20, but Beacon of Virtue + 4p20 + Maraad's cranks out some stupidly high group healing on a very short CD that you simply can't ignore it.

I agree with @fallenangel-succ that druid is a good choice. It's a powerful spec anyway, and the 4p20 is rather awkward to use because you have to use your instant single target heal to trigger group healing.

It makes more sense to look at what t21 are weak, because t20 will fall behind in ilvl too much too soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It makes more sense to look at what t21 are weak, because t20 will fall behind in ilvl too much too soon.
    This wont change much for shaman. T21 would probably be helpful on the same few fights as t20, like Flamewreath in CoS and Naraxas in Nelth, but not as useful for the majority of spread out pulls and bosses.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTiddles View Post
    This wont change much for shaman. T21 would probably be helpful on the same few fights as t20, like Flamewreath in CoS and Naraxas in Nelth, but not as useful for the majority of spread out pulls and bosses.
    I agree that shaman tier bonuses aren't that useful in m+, but if OP wants to do anything he can to push the highest he can, he can't afford to go shaman anyway.

Druid or paladin should be the default choice, set bonus or not.

I'd pick Holy Paladin or Resto Druid. Not because of gear, just because they're the two optimal healers for higher keystones this expac. Sure, some tier sets might give you a boost or synergise with 5 man healing better, but your success is going to do more with your own skill, your team mates skill, your comp and how well you all work together.