Deleted

New Build PC feedback/help/suggestions

Hi all,

I think I am about ready for a new PC, been relying on my laptop for multi-purpose gaming / work stuff/ whatever but I have now got the time / money to build a new high end set up. Plan is to spend a little more now and hopefully have a machine that will last a few years.

I have come up with a set up that seems alright but I had a couple of questions for those of you who probably know a great deal more about this than I do. This is my initial set up;

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tqm93F
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tqm93F/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($414.89 @ B&H)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($64.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($197.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($188.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($127.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($299.99 @ B&H)
    Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Case Fan: Cooler Master - SickleFlow (Red) 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan ($4.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: AOC - U2879VF 28.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor ($269.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1689.80

My main questions are as follows. As I plan to overclock the 8700 is liquid cooling the only option, if so will the Corsair H60 be adequate? I must admit to being slightly cautious of liquid cooling just because of the consequences of it going wrong.

Storage wise I intend to put the operating system on the M2. SSD then run most programs through the main SSD. I am not massively concerned with having huge bulk in storage as I have a couple of external HDDs I can back up to as well as plenty of cloud storage available to me. Is that going to be enough space considering I normally only keep about 5 or 6 games permanently installed?

Thanks for any help guys.

Pretty boss system. Probly could save some money by not going all "gamer gear" and get the same effect, but if it don't matter it don't matter.

As for your main question that cooler will be fine for OCing your 8700k. Is there better? Yes. Is there worse? Of course. Some of the air ones out there could in some situations be superior. A lot of cooling with these things depends on your enviornment.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Hi all,

I think I am about ready for a new PC, been relying on my laptop for multi-purpose gaming / work stuff/ whatever but I have now got the time / money to build a new high end set up. Plan is to spend a little more now and hopefully have a machine that will last a few years.

I have come up with a set up that seems alright but I had a couple of questions for those of you who probably know a great deal more about this than I do. This is my initial set up;

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tqm93F
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tqm93F/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($414.89 @ B&H)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($64.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($197.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($188.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($127.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($299.99 @ B&H)
    Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Case Fan: Cooler Master - SickleFlow (Red) 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan ($4.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: AOC - U2879VF 28.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor ($269.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1689.80

My main questions are as follows. As I plan to overclock the 8700 is liquid cooling the only option, if so will the Corsair H60 be adequate? I must admit to being slightly cautious of liquid cooling just because of the consequences of it going wrong.

Storage wise I intend to put the operating system on the M2. SSD then run most programs through the main SSD. I am not massively concerned with having huge bulk in storage as I have a couple of external HDDs I can back up to as well as plenty of cloud storage available to me. Is that going to be enough space considering I normally only keep about 5 or 6 games permanently installed?

Thanks for any help guys.
    I would switch the PSU with a Seasonic 600W PSU.
    The Monitor is a bit useless with 4k on 28 inch and a TN panel maybe spend a bit more on the monitor.
    Maybe go for 1 SSD if you just play 5-6 games but depends on what kind of programms you use, normal a 500GB SSD is enough for that.
    GPU is missing.
    Maybe a 4 pin Casefan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I would switch the PSU with a Seasonic 600W PSU.
    The Monitor is a bit useless with 4k on 28 inch and a TN panel maybe spend a bit more on the monitor.
    Maybe go for 1 SSD if you just play 5-6 games but depends on what kind of programms you use, normal a 500GB SSD is enough for that.
    GPU is missing.
    Maybe a 4 pin Casefan.
    Not sure how I missed GPU, will probably go for the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.

Monitor is up for co moderation, can't go too big because of the size/shape of my room and desk, but yeh, could probably spend a little more there and save a bit on storage.

What do people think in the way of cases? Elsewhere someone mentioned to me that it might be worth spending more money here to get a better cooling management set up. Thoughts on Corsair 750d?

Monitor is up for co moderation, can't go too big because of the size/shape of my room and desk, but yeh, could probably spend a little more there and save a bit on storage.

What do people think in the way of cases? Elsewhere someone mentioned to me that it might be worth spending more money here to get a better cooling management set up. Thoughts on Corsair 750d?
    Whats your space and maybe a VESA Mount helps here for more space ?
    Do you use a TV too in your room ?
    Heat is less and less a problem with the new hardware atm most 1080ti wont reach 70c under full load if you dont go for the singelblower version.
    The new Phanteks budget miditower looks also great:
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-068-_-Product

3 Dustfilter and tempered glass sidepanel for 60$ but you need to buy 3 extra fans and maybe a fancontroler.

The whole overly expensive case for cooling is mostly a pile of shit, a 300$ case and a 100$ case produce averagely the same results considering the cost difference, dont waste your money.

Get whatever you want to look at, and buy extra/better fans if you are that worried, were you shouldnt be as long as you arent planning any custom looping stuff which you dont seem to be.

Secondly, the H60 is not that good, its an old model, corsair link doesnt even support it, (Found out after building one 3 weeks back), you are better off with a different company at that price level, or simply put some extra and go for the H80i V2, that being said its not bad for some extra "Hmph" on default CPUs but i dislike it heavily if it will be OC stuff, its like Corsair didnt recall them back and completely ignores their existence.

Push for 3.2Ghz RAM and Be Quiet case fans seem to be lovely, build a 2.6K euro PC 2 weeks ago for a friend with a be Quiet 300$ case (He is rich for greek standards ;p) and even on full mode the fans were not audible.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-11-20 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The whole overly expensive case for cooling is mostly a pile of shit, a 300$ case and a 100$ case produce averagely the same results considering the cost difference, dont waste your money.

Get whatever you want to look at, and buy extra/better fans if you are that worried, were you shouldnt be as long as you arent planning any custom looping stuff which you dont seem to be.

Secondly, the H60 is not that good, its an old model, corsair link doesnt even support it, (Found out after building one 3 weeks back), you are better off with a different company at that price level, or simply put some extra and go for the H80i V2, that being said its not bad for some extra "Hmph" on default CPUs but i dislike it heavily if it will be OC stuff, its like Corsair didnt recall them back and completely ignores their existence.

Push for 3.2Ghz RAM and Be Quiet case fans seem to be lovely, build a 2.6K euro PC 2 weeks ago for a friend with a be Quiet 300$ case (He is rich for greek standards ;p) and even on full mode the fans were not audible.
    My old H60 was very good after i replaced the stockfan it holded my i5 6600k on 19-21° in Idle but ofc i would switch to the v2.

Best Gaming Gadgets and Products For Game Lover

Thanks for sharing, nice content skills that you have used to write this post. If you are gamer and need to best corner gaming desk. Our team worker writing some reviews on gaming gadgets and stuff. If you read these reviews and give your valuable suggestion then it's our pleasure and we must apply your suggestion in our next future blog. Thanks and keep writing.