Deleted

BfA Will be the First Expansion Without Nostalgia From the Developers (since MoP)

Did anyone notice the trend from the developers of playing the "nostalgia card" each expansion since the end of MoP?
    First, in WoD the major selling point was that we would be revisiting Outland (from TBC).
    In Legion they played the "Illidan card" (from TBC) on the cover, the neutral city of "Dalaran card" (from WotlK) and we ended up revisiting Karazhan (TBC)

BfA is looking fresh as hell, newly out of the box without any sprinkles of Nostalgia of any kind.
    Don't know, this makes me extremely excited because is all so new and interesting. SO FRESH!

Q: Do you like when Blizz revives old content or you prefer when they make fresh new content? Or a little bit of both?

Just wanted to share this fun...fact? Don't know you tell me
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-11-20 at 08:03 AM.

You missed the faction conflict nostalgia, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Boom, headshot.

So wait, Illidan being a cover boy of an expansion is nostalgia but Sylvanas and Jaina being cover girls isn't?

That's not even getting into classic Warcraft lore with Azshara, Zandalari and Kul'Tiras...

Your thoughts are in the right place, good effort but just... no...

Deleted
    From where? Oldschool Warcraft 1?
    I dont know i never played any Warcraft xD

To be honest, there was nostalgia in MoP, but it was more Warcraft III nostalgia, and more on the Horde side than Alliance. And, again on the Horde side, I see some MoP and Classic nostalgia through Zandalar.

That being said, I really like the fresh theme of the zones. Blizzard seems to be at its best when making up new stuff (aesthetically, even Draenor was nice).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    From where? Oldschool Warcraft 1?
    I dont know i never played any Warcraft xD
    You should play Warcraft III and TFT, both gameplay and storytelling are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Sylvanas and Jaina being cover girls
    You said something there

Exactly lol. The faction conflict ONLY exsist because of nostalgic attachments. The game would be way better off from a gameplay standpoint were they to move past it and it hasn't been written "well" since Warcraft became "world of warcraft."

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that the whole expansion is centered around faction conflict is nostalgia. They're all "going back to their roots" with this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    The fact that the whole expansion is centered around faction conflict is nostalgia. They're all "going back to their roots" with this one.
    Godamit, no one ever agrees with me

7+ Year Old Account
    Godamit, no one ever agrees with me
    Here is a big /hug. You are still loved.
    "Love all, trust a few,do wrong to none."

Did anyone notice the trend from the developers of playing the "nostalgia card" each expansion since the end of MoP?
    First, in WoD the major selling point was that we would be revisiting Outland (from TBC).
    In Legion they played the "Illidan card" (from TBC) on the cover, the neutral city of "Dalaran card" (from WotlK) and we ended up revisiting Karazhan (TBC)

BfA is looking fresh as hell, newly out of the box without any sprinkles of Nostalgia of any kind.
    Don't know, this makes me extremely excited because is all so new and interesting. SO FRESH!

Q: Do you like when Blizz revives old content or you prefer when they make fresh new content? Or a little bit of both?

Just wanted to share this fun...fact? Don't know you tell me
    You also missed the fact that lvl 110-120 content is in old zones. Sorry, nostalgia is there.

7+ Year Old Account
    LUL 4Head Jebaited

I guess the only thing that's "new", or at least similar to MOP, that the horde and the alliance see each other as the great threat to the world instead of some powerful being from earlier warcraft games/expansions. At least for now. I bet they're gonna give us content patches were a big threat will occur and we have to unite to survive once more.
    Mother pus bucket!

BFA without nostalgia
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    BFA is an expansion with influence from the old Warcraft Games(such as Wc2 or Wc3).
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-11-20 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RHDS View Post
    I guess i am wrong But at least is not Nostalgia from other "World of Warcraft" expansions! So in a way...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jellykiss View Post
    Here is a big /hug. You are still loved.
    Thank you, i really needed that hug