Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have a better idea - give the Nightfallen model to the Alliance and tell them it is another alternative to High Elves... I want to see more tears.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If anything nightfallen disguise should be made into a toy item.
    Thou I can honestly see the nightfallen suffer some... scars at the very least from the sudden transform back

- - - Updated - - -

If anything nightfallen disguise should be made into a toy item.
    Thou I can honestly see the nightfallen suffer some... scars at the very least from the sudden transform back

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    As much as I love those Nightfallen models it wouldn't make much sense lorewise.

The Nightborne are mostly cured, that state is in their past now.

There really wouldn't have been much to do in Suramar if the Nightfallen had stayed Nightfallen. The arcan'dor and Nightwell wouldn't have been options in that case, so they all would have Withered, and the lore makes it abundantly clear from the start that no one can return from becoming Withered. Take that away, and it also takes away the entire purpose of characters like Runas in Azsuna - or the Nightfallen in general.

In the end, not only do I prefer the look of Nightborne, but I also prefer the idea that they have to survive without the Nightwell (thus, changing their entire culture - no more arcwine/mana juice). They also have no shield anymore, meaning they have to interact with the world now, and they have to atone for the wrongs of their own people. I find it more compelling than "We're addicted, and we look like a Horde race, so what choice do we have?"

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    Same silhouette, model and animations.

This is the one thing I am disliking about Allied Races. There is no more distinct faction silhouette.
    Except, the Nightborne don't have the same silhouette. They stand with their feet wider apart, their torso turned at a three-quarters angle, and their arms are also set wider than regular night elves to compensate for their legs being apart as well. They also have different ears - Nightborne ears curve upward, compared to the flat/straight night elf ears.

-Suramar models
    -New models

Compare that to Shandris and Jarod, who stand with their feet and hands closer. Night Elves also face their head, chest, and hips in the same direction when idle. They have similar faces (I noticed the males have a slightly different nose shape), but it's hard to tell without seeing more of their faces without helmets on.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    There really wouldn't have been much to do in Suramar if the Nightfallen had stayed Nightfallen. The arcan'dor and Nightwell wouldn't have been options in that case, so they all would have Withered, and the lore makes it abundantly clear from the start that no one can return from becoming Withered. Take that away, and it also takes away the entire purpose of characters like Runas in Azsuna - or the Nightfallen in general.

In the end, not only do I prefer the look of Nightborne, but I also prefer the idea that they have to survive without the Nightwell (thus, changing their entire culture - no more arcwine/mana juice). They also have no shield anymore, meaning they have to interact with the world now, and they have to atone for the wrongs of their own people. I find it more compelling than "We're addicted, and we look like a Horde race, so what choice do we have?"

Except, the Nightborne don't have the same silhouette. They stand with their feet wider apart, their torso turned at a three-quarters angle, and their arms are also set wider than regular night elves to compensate for their legs being apart as well. They also have different ears - Nightborne ears curve upward, compared to the flat/straight night elf ears.

-Suramar models
    -New models

Compare that to Shandris and Jarod, who stand with their feet and hands closer. Night Elves also face their head, chest, and hips in the same direction when idle. They have similar faces (I noticed the males have a slightly different nose shape), but it's hard to tell without seeing more of their faces without helmets on.
    She looks like she harboring a dump in her undies and trying to keep it away from touching her skin.

I disagree. And being Nightfallen is not a race. It's a condition they cured...so by that reasoning, they still should not be the playable demographic of Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    She looks like she harboring a dump in her undies and trying to keep it away from touching her skin.
    Arcan'dor fruit must be high in fiber, somehow.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I'd MUCH rather have the Nightfallen as well. Or the option to choose between the two.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

And they need to look like they could be the bad guys why, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Alright now we need sub-races for the allied races guys.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I know the Nightborne get their beautiful bodies back when they are cured by their addiction, and I know there isn't any chance that Blizzard will make the change now that they've announced their plans for allied races, so this thread isn't much more than a whine thread, but I really believe it would have been way better if that weren't the case. The way Blizzard ended up handling the Nightborne kind of felt like the Nightborne suffered no real consequences of their addiction to the Nightwell. Some random druid and some adventurers showed up and solved all of their problems for them. Life doesn't work like that, let alone recovering from addiction.
    The Nightborne, like their Nightelf, Highelf/Blood Elf kin are extremely magic sensitive. Just in general Nightelves are corrupted trolls, high elves who come into contact with fel get the bloodelf look. So it's no surprise the nightfallen were able to recover. Not to mention that Withered J'im basically states what happens. It's not that they become weak, they are overcome by hunger, in consumes their minds. The physical changes are a side effect from the mana they do get exposed to, and the weakness, which I don't think is even stated, but they are removed from the rest of Nightfallen civilization so they would be lacking in just plain food. They are malnourished. Now they've been cured and they recover their appearance, over time.

First of all, they look way more distinct from the Night Elves than the Nightborne currently do. Second, they look much more like a Horde race, and actually look like they could be 'bad guys'. Finally, the fact that their bodies are still partially withered, despite being cured of their addiction, would be a constant reminder of the fate that befell their race. It would also make more sense for the Nightfallen to join the Horde, as the healthy Nightborne civilization would likely reject their reassimilation due to typical Elven xenophobia (and the awkwardness of hanging around people they once exiled), forcing the Nightfallen to seek allies for survival. The Blood Elves, sympathetic to their suffering from magical addiction, would have helped them out. While the Alliance chooses not to trust them, in the same way one would have difficulty trusting a recovering addict around their valuable goods.

In addition, they would not be able to be Warriors like the Nightborne can, because they obviously lack the physical strength to swing a sword. Alternatively, it could be written in that Withered who are cured by their addiction recover to Nightfallen, but never back to healthy Nightborne.
    Horde aren't bad guys if anything they are Frankenstein's Monster. And the Nightborne relate to the Blood Elves and therefor are drawn into the Horde. If anything their story more matches that of the Horde for their entire nation looking for redemption.

There are educational videos and movies to teach people that "Life doesn't work like that."
    I don't want to play as a junkie elf

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Nightfallen models are of an individual on the verge of turning into a zombie. The fact they are nightfallen means they can't be going around adventuring, they are a heartbeat away from withering. Nightborne are cured of their dependency thanks to the Druidic magic of the Arcandor. This very fact is what allows them to leave Suramar and live without the Nightwell. Nightfallen simply can't exist so long as they have been cured by the Arcandor, and those who haven't been cured cannot venture far.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea and Jinyu are 'corrupted murlocs' and the Dragon aspects are 'corrupted protodrakes'.
    Night Elves are evolved beyond any trolls, even the Zandalari. It's explicitly stated in the Chronicles their forms are *elevated*, as in superior.
    Their forms are superior to the troll form, when it comes to magic. But they still got that way through being corrupted.
    Basically if people did roids for generations and were naturally being born with higher testosterone.

Would be cool if you could switch between them or if you didn't go to a mana source for a long period you became them again. That's the kinda rpg element that used to be important to this game but it wouldn't play much differently than worgen.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Nightfallen models are of an individual on the verge of turning into a zombie. The fact they are nightfallen means they can't be going around adventuring, they are a heartbeat away from withering. Nightborne are cured of their dependency thanks to the Druidic magic of the Arcandor. This very fact is what allows them to leave Suramar and live without the Nightwell. Nightfallen simply can't exist so long as they have been cured by the Arcandor, and those who haven't been cured cannot venture far.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea and Jinyu are 'corrupted murlocs' and the Dragon aspects are 'corrupted protodrakes'.
    Night Elves are evolved beyond any trolls, even the Zandalari. It's explicitly stated in the Chronicles their forms are *elevated*, as in superior.
    I know the Nightfallen are weak and close to withering, but that's not what I was trying to say. I was saying that I wished that the Nightborne that *did* partially wither would have retained their Nightfallen look, even after their addiction is cured by the Arcandor. Addiction and withdrawal takes a permanent toll on your body, and their permanently dessicated forms would have been a great reminder of where these characters are coming from, and what they had endured. It would have been far more befitting to the Horde's characteristics as a rag-tag group of outsiders who have survived great hardship, and continue to face hardship in a world that turns their back to them. Finally, I wanted to say that the aesthetics of the Nightfallen are far more consistent with the overall perceived unscrupulousness of the Horde. If you aren't a WoW player and aren't familiar with the lore, and you take one look at the Nightfallen, you wouldn't have a doubt that they fit in among the rest of the member races of the Horde. I don't think the same could be said about the Nightborne.

But I know that there isn't a whole lot that can be done, Nightfallen recovering back to their Nightborne forms after being cured has already been long established, and the allied race has already been confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadegrown View Post
    I completely agree. I think Nightfallen would have been a much cooler and unique choice. When someone told me about the Blizzcon news and allied races, I even thought that it was Nightfallen they meant, so I got disappointed when I realized it was Nightborne.
    While cool (I guess?), it would not have make sense : we cured them during legion.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Would be cool if you could switch between them or if you didn't go to a mana source for a long period you became them again. That's the kinda rpg element that used to be important to this game but it wouldn't play much differently than worgen.
    It would definitely be cool if there were a racial ability that allowed for the Nightborne to boost their power temporarily, but when the effect wears off, they have the withered appearance for a couple of minutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know the Nightborne get their beautiful bodies back when they are cured by their addiction, and I know there isn't any chance that Blizzard will make the change now that they've announced their plans for allied races, so this thread isn't much more than a whine thread, but I really believe it would have been way better if that weren't the case. The way Blizzard ended up handling the Nightborne kind of felt like the Nightborne suffered no real consequences of their addiction to the Nightwell. Some random druid and some adventurers showed up and solved all of their problems for them. Life doesn't work like that, let alone recovering from addiction.

First of all, they look way more distinct from the Night Elves than the Nightborne currently do. Second, they look much more like a Horde race, and actually look like they could be 'bad guys'. Finally, the fact that their bodies are still partially withered, despite being cured of their addiction, would be a constant reminder of the fate that befell their race. It would also make more sense for the Nightfallen to join the Horde, as the healthy Nightborne civilization would likely reject their reassimilation due to typical Elven xenophobia (and the awkwardness of hanging around people they once exiled), forcing the Nightfallen to seek allies for survival. The Blood Elves, sympathetic to their suffering from magical addiction, would have helped them out. While the Alliance chooses not to trust them, in the same way one would have difficulty trusting a recovering addict around their valuable goods.

In addition, they would not be able to be Warriors like the Nightborne can, because they obviously lack the physical strength to swing a sword. Alternatively, it could be written in that Withered who are cured by their addiction recover to Nightfallen, but never back to healthy Nightborne.
    Why is one of your points addressing "bad guys" Horde aren't bad guys... I don't care if you put it in '___' that wasn't necessary at all. Just say they look "different".

Also from my understanding the Nightborne wanted to better themselves by interacting with the world and not fretting from repaying their saviors. We still don't know exactly the "push" into joining the Horde rather than remaining neutral or joining the Alliance. They did show signs of their xenophobic nature, however they also showed signs of breaking from it. Likely be one of the cases of not all of them being xenophobic but some are still kind of like how some of the Forsaken or Blood Elves are still acting that way towards some of the Horde.

Personally I think the Nightborne are fine as they're presented. We helped them and they've recovered and have learned their lesson of abusing magic or relying on a font of power. Be interesting if they tried to introduce the tree to the Blood Elves to also cure their own addiction or reliance on the Sunwell.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

I don't feel that there is enough visual distinctiveness between the Night Elves and the Nightborne. If you slapped dark blue/purple skins on a Night Elf, you would have something that is 90% accurate to what the Nightborne are today.
    Have you seen Void Elves? They're Blood Elves, but with darker skin, and a different eye color. If you wanted to bring up a race for "Not enough visual distinction" That should probably be the one you point to.

So is it safe to assume that OP is salty about Nightborne joining the Horde and not the Alliance?