Deleted

IIAMA refresh 144HZ -soon after power outage booted with lower value

Hello.
    My pc:
    *Asus Z170-P with 6700K cpu

*Corsair 750 RM

*Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition

*Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 24' 1080p 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

Few days ago i get power outage.

Pc was running in fire strike benchmark.
    At the same time my mother was powering on electric oven in kitchen.
    And then power went out in house.
    Then she go to shop and buy new fuse.
    Later a friend replaced fuse and power back on in house.

When power back. I booted pc first time and all was fine, refresh 144hz . But then i turn off pc . Go rest to bed. After 30 minutes i turn pc on again. And then windows 10 booted with lower refresh than 144hz. To revert 144hz i turn off monitor and turn back on.

So conclusion: It happened not just after ( not on pc first power on ) power outage.
    But on second time ( second turn ) when i boot to Windows 10. On my second turning on pc, second boot to windows. So not immediately after power outage.

Just on my second turning ON pc after power outage, it happened. Thats all.

And i am not able to reproduce. Turning off pc few times and booting again,and nothing,still 144hz. Even i cut power 3 times to check,but still 144hz on boot. So maybe that was glitch or something but not related to that power outage?

My drivers: 388.13

Deleted
    As a one off just forget it happened

Deleted
    Somebody said this:" I would think the monitor has suffered a voltage spike or even under voltage and maybe damaged. If the monitor keeps reverting to a lower refresh rate when turning it on after a period of time of being off or after the power goes out repeatedly it could be only the beginning of problems especially the keeps dropping out inexplicably."

So according to this words something wrong is with monitor or just not?

Deleted
    Really sorry for my language. If i can i explain this more clearly.

Few days ago I get power outage.

Pc was running in fire strike benchmark with monitor ON. At the same time my mother was powering on electric oven in kitchen. And then power went out in house.

Just before power went out, pc was running in Fire Strike test, and monitor was on. When power went out,pc goes off and monitor goes off.

When power back ,monitor turns on itself . Then I booted pc , all was looking fine, Windows 10 booted with 144hz

But after moment I shutdown pc by clicking shutdown in Windows 10 and I manually turned off monitor. After 30 minutes ,first I turn on manually monitor,then I boot pc again. Windows 10 booted with lower refresh than 144hz.( on nvidia panel still 144hz ) To restore 144hz I just turned off monitor and turn on again. And this not happened since.

And my question. It was related to this power outage or just coincidence?

And I am not able to reproduce. Turning off pc few times and booting again,and nothing,still 144hz. Even I cut power 3 times to check,but still 144hz on boot.

So maybe that was glitch.windows,system,drivers or something but not related to that power outage? Or maybe power outage was the reason, but the problem didn´t show up immediately?

As with most computer issues, if you can't reproduce it, we don't know what's causing it and can't really say. As the previous poster said, if it's not doing anything anymore, you can't really worry about it. If it starts doing it again, or does it more frequently later, then you can worry about it it. For now, if it's not doing anything and you can't reproduce it, there is no real way to know if anything is wrong with it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want, you could connect the monitor's manufacturer, is it still under warranty? Who knows, they could maybe fix it or even replace it for you, all depends on them.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If you want, you could connect the monitor's manufacturer, is it still under warranty? Who knows, they could maybe fix it or even replace it for you, all depends on them.
    But if the problem cannot be reproduced.....what are they fixing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    But if the problem cannot be reproduced.....what are they fixing?
    Maybe I misread, it is a little tough to understand, but I could have sworn he said it still does it a couple times.

I suppose there's nothing to fix.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Hello. I apologize for my language,hope you understand. So yes.

When i run pc first time on first boot ( after power outage ) refresh was normal at start 144hz. It happened when i manually turn off computer and turn on again,and on my second boot it happened. Refresh was lower than 144hz. To make again 144hz i turned off monitor and turn back on again.
    So that was bug or that power outage related? But i like i said on my first pc run ( boot ) after power outage refresh was 144hz fine. It happened just after i normally shutdown my pc and booted pc second time.
    Maybe coincidence and i am worrying for nothing,hehe ?

So conclusion: It happened not just after ( not pc first power on ) power outage. But on second time when i boot to Windows 10

Ah. I tried to reproduce few times by cutting power to pc and powering on and booting again and then restarting, but 144hz on start. Not able to reproduce.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't advise cutting power to the PC...
    "A flower.

Deleted
    When i tried to reproduce issue , i cutted few times power and i cant reproduce. Pc booting ,shutdown,restarting with 144hz still.

So it was related to that outage because fuse blown or just random glitch ?
    Is this because fuse blowed or that doesnt matter ?

But like i said i tried to reproduce this by cutting power from power cord and i am not able reprodue. So it was related to that outage when fuse was blown or just coincidence and fuse doesnt matter?

To be more precised. My mother turned on oven in kitchen, and bulb inside oven melted. Fuse of course blown and i got that power outage.

Quote Originally Posted by sew333 View Post
    When i tried to reproduce issue , i cutted few times power and i cant reproduce. Pc booting ,shutdown,restarting with 144hz still.

So it was related to that outage because fuse blown or just random glitch ?
    Is this because fuse blowed or that doesnt matter ?

But like i said i tried to reproduce this by cutting power from power cord and i am not able reprodue. So it was related to that outage when fuse was blown or just coincidence and fuse doesnt matter?

To be more precised. My mother turned on oven in kitchen, and bulb inside oven melted. Fuse of course blown and i got that power outage.
    The fuse blowing is likely what prevented any real damage.

As I've said before, if you can not reproduce the issue, we can not say if it was from the power outage or not. There is no way to know if it was just a random coincidental glitch or not since it can't be reproduced. You are asking for something that no one can tell you. If you can not reproduce the problem, then you don't know what caused it. It's really that simple. If it's not doing it anymore, there is nothing you can do.