Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Release week will be a nightmare

No mob sharing, screwed up spawn rates on quest mobs etc etc will make the first few days annoying as hell.

Will you wait for a while for everything to settle down and become a smoother experience or do you consider fighting over mobs part of the vanilla experience?
    Last edited by Serenity91; 2017-11-21 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    I remember mob tagging /shudder

Trying to kill that scorpion in the valley of trials with about 20 other orcs camping it, and no one wanting to group up

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    No mob tagging, screwed up spawn rates on quest mobs etc etc will make the first few days annoying as hell.

Will you wait for a while for everything to settle down and become a smoother experience or do you consider fighting over mobs part of the vanilla experience?
    You can grind Mobs. You dont have to do early quests.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

15+ Year Old Account
    No mob tagging, screwed up spawn rates on quest mobs etc etc will make the first few days annoying as hell.

So, exactly like the original release week then?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there where more players on classic servers than olduring the original release, so maybe even worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if there where more players on classic servers than olduring the original release, so maybe even worse.
    It will quickly sort the wheat from the chaff though.

Those with no stomach for grinding will likely not make it out of Northshire Abbey et-cetera.
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    "like the original release week" are you for real? there are going to be even more players this time !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    "like the original release week" are you for real? there are going to be even more players this time !
    Good, that will help correctly simulate the lag and server queues!

15+ Year Old Account
    Good, that will help correctly simulate the lag and server queues!
    lol, well everyone wants that "classic" experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    lol, well everyone wants that "classic" experience.
    I think everyone who screams "only untouched vanilla can be classic!!!" should have a mandatory 1-2 hour log in queue

No mob sharing, screwed up spawn rates on quest mobs etc etc will make the first few days annoying as hell.

For the last few expansions, Blizzard cranked up respawn rate for release week. No reason not to do the same on Classic.

And I am going to jump headlong into the fray.

A glorious,awful,awesome,terrible nightmare

The release will be soooo bad, that it will be sooooo good!

I played on elysium launch, and it was a nightmare to find alive mobs, but why would I make it a big problem? Just deal with it or wait 1 or 2 weeks and the starting zone will be a lot less crowded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimd View Post
    I played on elysium launch, and it was a nightmare to find alive mobs, but why would I make it a big problem? Just deal with it or wait 1 or 2 weeks and the starting zone will be a lot less crowded.
    I think that will be my plan - just wait a short amount of time, and hop in once Northshire Valley has calmed down! Then I can relive my showdown with Garrick Padfoot (cannot believe I just remembered that name, go me!)

Was the same on Nost and Elys, just grind mobs a few levels above you instead of questing, or wait a few weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JCD000 View Post
    Was the same on Nost and Elys, just grind mobs a few levels above you instead of questing, or wait a few weeks.
    And K2 for that matter. Once you were ahead of the pack it was much easier, as you pretty much had the zones to yourself.

Edit: IIRC I timed getting out of Coldwind Valley at about 5 hours...

Yeah, it will be awful, annoying, stressful, infuriating... But above all, it will be absolutely glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Yeah, it will be awful, annoying, stressful, infuriating... But above all, it will be absolutely glorious.
    You.. I like you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    For the last few expansions, Blizzard cranked up respawn rate for release week. No reason not to do the same on Classic.

And I am going to jump headlong into the fray.
    But, as everyone keeps screaming in a high pitch voice, this isn't an expansion. This is V A N I L L A and everything must be exactly the same as it was.