Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Made it through Nost, Kronos 2 & Elysium starting expierence. Really isn't that bad, just ignore the quests and get ahead through grinding and its a cake walk from level 10 onwards.

Blizzard stated that they want to make Vanilla without the launch experience of Vanilla, aside from the lag and disconnects I'd say the the amount of people leveling combined with the long spawn rates was a huge factor in what made the release so awful, so I would not be surprised if they up the quest mob spawn rates just for the first.

I'm not one to want any changes in Vanilla and I personally think that upping the spawn rates would affect anything, in the end the only difference will be that leveling on release and leveling a month after release will take the same time.

I fully expect the first week to be atrocious.
    I plan to log in, reserve the names of my char, then get out and play something else for a few days.

Out of all the things that are up in the air... this is a given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Blizzard stated that they want to make Vanilla without the launch experience of Vanilla, aside from the lag and disconnects I'd say the the amount of people leveling combined with the long spawn rates was a huge factor in what made the release so awful, so I would not be surprised if they up the quest mob spawn rates just for the first week.

I'm not one to want any changes in Vanilla and I personally think that upping the spawn rates would affect anything, in the end the only difference will be that leveling on release and leveling a month after release will take the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope its gonna be bad.

It makes thing so good

Depends really... it isn't really a nightmare if you have a strategy. There are multiple ways to reach level 5 (after this point it's pretty relaxed).

I'd only consider it a "nightmare" if there are going to be some serious server issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    No mob sharing, screwed up spawn rates on quest mobs etc etc will make the first few days annoying as hell.

Will you wait for a while for everything to settle down and become a smoother experience or do you consider fighting over mobs part of the vanilla experience?
    Pls calm down release date is about 2019

Deleted
    the grind in vanilla was so much more than just the grind the majority of you are speaking about because of newer xpacs. Grinding in vanilla had a much bigger sense of achievment.

people forget because they are not accomplished players/raiders/(probably casual which is fine but weird to have such ridiculous opinions if you were not very good at the game)

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I've been through a couple of pserver openings, and yes, it is a nightmare. Every single lowbie zone is just flooded with players to the point where you're fighting 10 other people just for a single mob's spawn, and just killing *anything* is impossible.

Your best bet is to ignore the starting area and just run off through the zones, get some exp from exploration and pick up a bunch of flight points.

I remember trying to do Hogger, and there were literally 50+ people huddled around his exact spawnpoint, trying to tag him as soon as he spawned. Took me maybe 40 minutes to get lucky and have someone in my group tag him.
    Yeah I know the launch experience on private servers, but depending on how Blizz is gonna do classic WoW, it could be a better launch experience.
    You see, the Mangos Emulator (the private server software everyone uses for vanilla) is designed with MAX 2500 online concurrent players (as this was estimated to be the average size of a retail vanilla realm... and also because Mangos has some serious threading-related issues, which Nostalrius/Elysium partially fixed, but it was still a huge mess overall)... so what this means is that spawntimers and so on are "adjusted"* around that number (obv. some timers are also simply bugged).

So basically if Blizzard decides to keep those timers constant and thus have also a cap of around 2500 players, then it will be fine. It's also gonna be fine if they have dynamic spawn timers, but also a bigger player count ofc. What would suck ofc though is that if they keep the constant timers, but allow a high amount of players.

* Spawntimers in WoW are quite a "science" actually and to this day it is not how these exactly worked on retail. Most "boss" mobs did seem to have a "fixed" spawntimer on retail, but no one could 100% tell that (maybe a boss has a 30min spawntimer if there are like 100 people in the same area, but it could go down if there were like a 1000 players there). Same goes for mob spawns, ores/herbs etc. (That being said, nowadays on retail it is pretty clear that all kinds of spawntimers are dynamic)

If you can make it to level 14 you can just start doing Dungeons.

No mob sharing, screwed up spawn rates on quest mobs etc etc will make the first few days annoying as hell.

Will you wait for a while for everything to settle down and become a smoother experience or do you consider fighting over mobs part of the vanilla experience?
    I've dealt with server releases before many times. Wrath/Cata/MoP... Vanilla... TBC... it'll be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    "like the original release week" are you for real? there are going to be less players this time !
    fixed your error.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbornsham View Post
    Pls calm down release date is about 2019
    My tits are triggered, I ain't gonna untrigger them just cause you said so!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    So, exactly like the original release week then?
    Except in the original release week half of the servers weren't even up proper in the first few days

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to worry, it's still two years away
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Except in the original release week half of the servers weren't even up proper in the first few days
    If there are not at least 4 servers in a constant state of World Server Down loops, I will write a very angry forum post about my immersion being broken.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

These types of threads keep popping up...

These things are what people WANT, You guys have been screaming from the roof tops that you want VANILLA. Those issues ARE Vanilla, its part of what gave Vanilla that feel that everyone claims is lost now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    If there are not at least 4 servers in a constant state of World Server Down loops, I will write a very angry forum post about my immersion being broken.
    And if my subscription log isn't filled to the brim with "Compensation" like the good old days i'll be so sad

I am not a computer guy, but I assume, if it is at all possible, blizz will throw thousands of servers at the starting zones to make the startup somewhat possible. Imaging every player in the world of warcraft, then imagine the hype of a new expansion, then imagine they are all in the exact same place for hours on end. What's the worst that could happen?

For those of us who will argue "ive made it through XXX expansion and it was okay, don't put chocolate on my vanilla", I would argue that, what launch was most enjoyable to you? Trying to get through the dark portal for the first time? WoD trying to build your garrison? or Legion where you could pick your own path?
    I vote legion, because it was so seamless. Spreading out players is the best thing to do.

On the other hand, there is something very *MMO* about crowding around 1 thing waiting for it to respawn and trying to tag it (but anything more than 10 minutes is silly)