Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    I'd bet my bottom dollar they either won't get anything or they'll have a district in Stormwind. I mean it's been 13 years of WoW and the Trolls and Gnomes don't have a capital city yet, so I wouldn't hold out hope for any race ever getting one again.
    I second that.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    "Where will the elves go now that Teldrassil is gone?!"

They lived without Teldrassil for several thousands of years. I am sure they will be fine.
    Because they had another World Tree at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Because blizzard. I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up posted up in stormwind for the xpac.
    For the expac? Try the next 5 expacs. Remember how look it took just for the crater in the Park to be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Why should they be refugees in stormwind if they have a place that belongs to them?
    Valsharah doesn't belong to them. Pretty sure Legion made that clear. It's been stated that the displaced groups will essentially be in the capitals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Nordrassil wasn't the same in terms of living there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Blizzard has never designed new expansion content to override the current expansion content. Each expansion is self-contained and left intact once we move on to a new expansion. And they are not about to change that.

Given the Blizzcon information that Undercity will be in ruins but Alliance won't control it, I'm guessing the same will happen will Teldrassil. Basically the night elves will remain in Kalimdor, but retreated to neighboring territories and are conducting a guerrilla warfare against the Horde. This is where the other Warfront will be located.
    That's not what was implied. They pretty much implied that control of the continents is faction based essentially continent wide. The whole thing is pretty dumb and honestly I would have much rather it was the opposite given the lore implications of factions controlling entire continents. None of the horde cities on Kalimdor were even remotely their original location so it makes little sense other than Orgrimmar is the capital to give the horde Kalimdor. Honestly putting Alliance on EK is very human centric if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    That's not what was implied. They pretty much implied that control of the continents is faction based essentially continent wide.
    What they meant by continent-wide most likely means simply Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. All the other territories belonging to the different expansions (Northrend, Pandaria, Broken Isles) will remain untouched for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Honestly putting Alliance on EK is very human centric if anything.
    That's pretty much the theme that Blizzard has been pursuing for several expansions now. They want to return WoW to its original RTS theme: Orcs vs. Humans.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

We shouldn't allow night elf "refugees" anywhere. They should be helped where they are. Anyone else noticed how there's no children among them? Those are able-bodied adults, they should be fighting in the war for their home. Also who knows if there are no terrorists among them, it's impossible to properly screen such large population. And their culture is too different from other Alliance races.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Would not fit with Blizzard's model of abandoning everything which is not current expansion content.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    1. They'd live in a forest dude, literally every nightborne mage in Suramar could chuck a couple of fireballs and burn it all down.

2. The Arcan'Dor is online which is basically the same thing.

3. Who cares? Powerful spells are still powerful spells regardless of who they're used against. Only the nightborne have a lot more talented mages than the night elves.

Literally just put them in Duskwood instead, that way they're in Alliance territory rather than surrounded by the nightborne and the high mountain as someone else already pointed out.

- - - Updated - - -

A civil war which we mostly fought for them,

Against the Burning Legion.

Must've taken a massive toll on them.
    really now?
    you forget about how they were slaughtering eachother in the streets, do you completely forget about the waning crescent?
    have you even fucking played legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    They didn't live in Nordrassil. So that is irrelevant.

The Night Elves could totally take up a position on the Broken Isles if they wanted. I don't know where people are getting these crazy ideas about the strength of those allied races.

The Nightborne were starving to death for years and lost population constantly. During Legion, they wiped out whole sections of the city. They are in no position to exert power anywhere. There's a big difference between that and part of their population feeling the need to run off and help the Horde.

The Highmountain could barely even defend their own capital. Their numbers took a serious hit when so many of their surrounding members were either killed off by Dar'grul or aligned with the Legion. A good bit of their strength probably comes from the Drogbar allies right now and it's silly to assume that they'd just throw in and fight the Alliance with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    The Night Elves could totally take up a position on the Broken Isles if they wanted. I don't know where people are getting these crazy ideas about the strength of those allied races.

The Nightborne were starving to death for years and lost population constantly. During Legion, they wiped out whole sections of the city. They are in no position to exert power anywhere. There's a big difference between that and part of their population feeling the need to run off and help the Horde.

The Highmountain could barely even defend their own capital. Their numbers took a serious hit when so many of their surrounding members were either killed off by Dar'grul or aligned with the Legion. A good bit of their strength probably comes from the Drogbar allies right now and it's silly to assume that they'd just throw in and fight the Alliance with them.
    it is assumed that the war is very big the broken islands are near kultiras and zandalar would be logical that they are also affected, the alliance could have azsuna and valshara while the horde has suramar and highmountain.

After the thing Sylvanas pulled on the Val'kyr and Vrykul, they might become Alliance races.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    really now?
    you forget about how they were slaughtering eachother in the streets, do you completely forget about the waning crescent?
    have you even fucking played legion?
    Did you forget about how the Cataclysm ravaged Darkshore, the Horde devastated Ashenvale and basically sweeps across Kalimdor and burns down Teldrassil in BfA? Not to mention how the Night Elves fought with us in Suramar adding to their casualties?

The Nightborne though? They're united, powerful mages and have an army of mindless cannon fodder at their disposal, and a restored Arcan'Dor, gee I wonder who wins.

Did you forget about how the Cataclysm ravaged Darkshore, the Horde devastated Ashenvale and basically sweeps across Kalimdor and burns down Teldrassil in BfA? Not to mention how the Night Elves fought with us in Suramar adding to their casualties?

The Nightborne though? They're united, powerful mages and have an army of mindless cannon fodder at their disposal, and a restored Arcan'Dor, gee I wonder who wins.
    except
    A. they are not united
    B. the night elves have had far larger areas to spread then the nightborne, and are surely higher in population by far.
    c. mindless cannon fodder as their disposal? What the fuck are you talking about.
    D. there is not much special about the arcan'dor other then it being able to cure their descent to madness.

Deleted
    except
    A. they are not united
    B. the night elves have had far larger areas to spread then the nightborne, and are surely higher in population by far.
    c. mindless cannon fodder as their disposal? What the fuck are you talking about.
    D. there is not much special about the arcan'dor other then it being able to cure their descent to madness.
    You should calm down, there's no need to swear just because you're wrong.

I don't get how you think the night elves have such superior numbers, how would those in teldrassil "spread" anywhere, when they're being burned alive?

How would those in Ashenvale spread anywhere when they're being slaughtered, and the Horde is cutting down the forest around them?

How are the Nightborne not united, again?

And the mindless cannon fodder is the withered army we spent the entire expansion training

10+ Year Old Account

I don't get how you think the night elves have such superior numbers, how would those in teldrassil "spread" anywhere, when they're being burned alive?

How would those in Ashenvale spread anywhere when they're being slaughtered, and the Horde is cutting down the forest around them?

And the mindless cannon fodder is the withered army we spent the entire expansion training
    We don't really know what goes on in Ashenvale. It's all speculation but really the Night Elves won't be in a shit situation like the BE's were post Quel'thalas siege. They'll take a huge hit but not enough to damage them, it's Blizzard so they'll keep them in mass numbers to go to war. Also the Nightborne may be united ish at the end of Legion but they still went through a civil war.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

they have been "spread everywhere" since vanilla
    feralas they were in large numbers desolace there is elves. stonetalon mountains there is elves. mount hyjal and moonglade and felwood there is tons of elves. northrend has elves, valsarrah has elves. their major city is not the only place with a large amount of elves.

also the withered army was killed off mostly during the legion questing near the end. and those that survived you cure of their witherness using the arcandor. also because the nightborne are still fucking scummy and trying to recover after a fucking civil war.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-11-22 at 06:22 PM.

Deleted
    they have been "spread everywhere" since vanilla
    feralas they were in large numbers desolace there is elves. stonetalon mountains there is elves. mount hyjal and moonglade and felwood there is tons of elves. northrend has elves, valsarrah has elves. their major city is not the only place with a large amount of elves.
    No, but teldrassil and ashenvale had the most of them, and they've gone to shit, the only major stronghold they have left is feathermoon stronghold, and we don't even know the state of that yet, for all we know it could be shandris lying next to sylvanas in that one picture

Almost every zone you mentioned is in kalimdor which is now under the control of the horde and their warmachine which has been depicted as pretty good at waging war against them

So yeah, gj
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-11-22 at 06:22 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Val'Sharah already is a Nelf place. Our Night Elves just choose not to stay there so we wouldn't be gaining anything when it is rightfully ours already. Our Night Elves need a new home. If they wanted to live in Val'Sharah they would have lived there before Teldrassil burned down. My guess is Lordaeron/Gilneas gets a huge Nelf area. They'll want to be closer to the rest of the Alliance anyways because they have every reason to want to Horde gone now and there is strength in numbers. If they move to Val'Sharah they put themselves in the same position they were in before.

Another reason why Val'Sharah is terrible is because it's a quest zone. Blizz aint gonna phase entire zones except Lordaeron and Teldrassil. I know Highmountain and Suramar will probably continue to be the hubs for the new Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne for lore reasons but they are allied races not main races. Night Elves are a main race so they need an official hub.

Someone did bring up Feralas and while I don't think the Nelves will move there because that puts them in the same position as before, maybe even worse because they are in the middle of Kalimdor but Feralas would be a good Warfront.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We don't really know what goes on in Ashenvale. It's all speculation but really the Night Elves won't be in a shit situation like the BE's were post Quel'thalas siege. They'll take a huge hit but not enough to damage them, it's Blizzard so they'll keep them in mass numbers to go to war. Also the Nightborne may be united ish at the end of Legion but they still went through a civil war.
    If Blizzard can abrakadabra night elves out of their asses to fight a war, then they can do the same with the nightborne, in which case the night elves would settle next to nightborne ready for war and be even more screwed.

They'd settle in the eastern kingdoms, alliance controlled territory with easy access to the warfront in arathi, or in horde territory, i wonder where it makes sense for them to go
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-11-22 at 06:23 PM.