Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.

Anyway, the love is real. Former Team Lead of Classic WoW. Mark Kern, and his Open Letter to Blizzard Entertainment.

Mark Kern aka the cunt that harassed tradechat if i ever saw that guy id knife him and not think twice.
    i have litteraly think the shit that comes out of his arse is of higher value to the world than what comes out of his mouth enough said on him.

as for retail messing up classic with demands. pfft there entitled to ask for things as customers. also from what i see you cant cut the pro-change anti-change camps like that there's retail players on both sides and private pirates on both sides and non players on both sides so this is a pointless thread.

as for mark kern i hope he dies before classic gets released would be fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Very much this ^

The Classic "community" is like a band of different tribes similar to the Native Americans.

Sure they all fit the title of Native Americans but they are different tribes with different opinions, ideas and visions of the future.

The classic community is much the same. Everyone remembers Vanilla WoW a bit differently, liked different aspects of the game, had different ideas on how it should go looking forward. But none of these are universal.

Additionally, I think people vastly overestimate the number of people who will actually play the game. Sure there are plenty who will buy it. But they won't continue playing it. The content is fixed and without more being added eventually people will reach a point where the game interests dwindle down. We see this happen with every expansion, where towards the end of expansion people stop caring, stop investing and start to leave. You will also have those who get the game and realise that their rose coloured glasses overlooked and ignored several key things that take away from the game.
    Those things are expected, and frankly I expected some battles between those that like early vanilla vs those that like it in its later stages. I suspect those are the discussions Blizzard wants to see, not this stuff where people want to push flying, lfd, and other things that are more akin to live than anything classic.

I actually put much of the blame on Blizzard, they should have had an outline they were looking at ready to go so the discussion could be driven rather than flailing around like a Mad of Madness.

Omae wa mou shinderu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by drori8 View Post
    but if it succeeds and you get salty and rage quit can i have your stuff bitch?
    I rest my case.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-11-22 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Those things are expected, and frankly I expected some battles between those that like early vanilla vs those that like it in its later stages. I suspect those are the discussions Blizzard wants to see, not this stuff where people want to push flying, lfd, and other things that are more akin to live than anything classic.

I actually put much of the blame on Blizzard, they should have had an outline they were looking at ready to go so the discussion could be driven rather than flailing around like a Mad of Madness.
    Yes to a point. I feel like quite a few people are not truly expecting these things deep down.

But I do wholeheartedly agree with Blizzard setting out the framework to base the discussions around.

I think that most people that want vanilla specifically those like me that want it unchanged, know what we are going to get so there no god damn rose tinted glasses
    But again there are plenty of people who want Vanilla as well but want this or that fixed or this changed or that changed. The classic community is not united on what they want. They have never been united. Your tribe wants X but the tribe on the other side of the river wants Y and the ones next to both of you want Z.

And yes there are plenty of people with rose coloured glasses on all throughout this mess.

Hell, there are even people I suspect have borrowed someone else's rose coloured glasses because they never even played the original Vanilla.

Memory is not like a picture, it is not static and unchanging. Memories shift and change all the time and many people remember things differently to how they actually were and it gets worse over time. And just because you personally do not think you are misremembering something doesn't mean that others are not.

YEah, I agree with Heladys and the person he agreed with. There are private server players AND retail players who both wanted Classic to be released, just like there are private server players AND retail players stating they think it should have changes or be as pure as possible.
    I'm a retail player, and I admit that I never thought they would do this, but that doesn't make my opinion less than others because I wasn't demanding Blizzard to make Classic server(s).
    Personally, I think the only things they need to do are updated graphics and bug fixes (the major game crashing ones and exploits). Other than that, some minor changes like a bigger reagent bag for Hunters/Locks/Rogues would be nice, as well as letting mage food be mass crafted and Lock shards NOT disappear after logging out (to avoid countless hours of farming preraid/dungeon running). Other than that, it should be the same as that is what vanilla was. To change anything else hasn't too much risk of changing multiple things to compensate.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think that most people that want vanilla specifically those like me that want it unchanged, know what we are going to get so there no god damn rose tinted glasses
    even multiple people I know that want it "unchanged" can't decide what Patch they all want it to begin on.

Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.

Anyway, the love is real. Former Team Lead of Classic WoW. Mark Kern, and his Open Letter to Blizzard Entertainment.

Classic will still be a part of "retail" same ol sub fee just a different server. YOU will still be a "Retail" player

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Yes to a point. I feel like quite a few people are not truly expecting these things deep down.

But I do wholeheartedly agree with Blizzard setting out the framework to base the discussions around.

But again there are plenty of people who want Vanilla as well but want this or that fixed or this changed or that changed. The classic community is not united on what they want. They have never been united. Your tribe wants X but the tribe on the other side of the river wants Y and the ones next to both of you want Z.

And yes there are plenty of people with rose coloured glasses on all throughout this mess.

Hell, there are even people I suspect have borrowed someone else's rose coloured glasses because they never even played the original Vanilla.

Memory is not like a picture, it is not static and unchanging. Memories shift and change all the time and many people remember things differently to how they actually were and it gets worse over time. And just because you personally do not think you are misremembering something doesn't mean that others are not.
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if their aren't a ton of people out there arguing on both sides that never played it. Those that want it as close as possible want to see what it was actually like, and may have played on a private server but don't understand that it's just a snapshot really. On the other side I think you have those that want to play it, but know they can't handle the old school nature of it so want it changed.

I'm hoping Blizzard sees through this mess and realizes they need to keep it very close but with some small changes like a guild bank or a toggle for graphics, and no, things like class changes are not small changes or won't be because that balance doesn't exist in a vacuum and will never stop once they start doing it.

Tbh I think most changes won't occur simply because they don't want to get in a place where they need to constantly patch and adjust it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    even multiple people I know that want it "unchanged" can't decide what Patch they all want it to begin on.
    Doesn't surprise me, that can be for lots of reasons. If I had to take a guess most people would want to see 1.21 class wise but start with the original content flow. Granted they may need to adjust some of the early raids if they go the route.

I'm the type though I would be fine from the start and moving forward, broken talent trees and all.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2017-11-22 at 03:37 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Title seems silly... damage done will be irreversible? So how are they making Vanilla if it's not reversible from all the expansions.

Any vanilla was good because the community at the time, no gear score/no strict requirements for guilds/raiding. Probably won't see that now with current community mindset and depending how much of add ons are allowed.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Doesn't surprise me, that can be for lots of reasons. If I had to take a guess most people would want to see 1.21 class wise but start with the original content flow. Granted they may need to adjust some of the early raids if they go the route.

I'm the type though I would be fine from the start and moving forward, broken talent trees and all.
    Which would be too much change for half the mongos crying about Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Omae wa mou shinderu
    Nani?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    More than just private server hermits will be playing classic. It needs to appeal to a broader Audience in order to survive.
    It does not need to appeal to a broader audience. This is not second retail WoW. There will not be hundreds of developers like they do with retail WoW because it is not meant to be a major product. It is a fan-service side product alongside retail WoW that will be quite healthy if it retains tens of thousands of players on a regular basis.

Don't think of it in terms of another AAA release where hundreds of millions of dollars are required and need to attract millions of players.

It's a niche product for a niche audience.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    The people on private servers that got such a large player population Blizzard decided to shut them down, fly the team overseas who ran the server to meet with them, and then create the vanilla servers officially themselves.
    That's nice; it's unlikely that they'll stick with outdated graphics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Still he has better insight than the forum trolls attacking him.

He was Team Lead for the Vanilla that we all want back in Classic.
    I trust his views over the later ones anytime.
    the man is literally cancer who deserves a horrible horrible death for some of the things he done.
    i hope the trolls really tare him to bits

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Without that worthless piece of shit you wouldn't have your worthless piece of shit of a game, this worthless piece of shit of a forum would not exist and you wouldn't be able to post your worthless piece of a shit of a comment. Good night.
    Without him, WoW would've had a different team lead.

And I think piece of shit is pretty deserved considering some of the things he's been up to lately. Apparently he had a pretty bad reputation at Red 5 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Let em. Its just going to make asking for Blood Elves actually plausible and you guys can sit on here for another year going back and forth about it.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    I've always thought the argument about graphics is overblown. Wow has never been in the forefront of graphics. I play live but I can tell you the graphics on Nost never bothered me, in fact if they hadn't of shut it down I probably wouldn't have bothered with Legion.

I really don't think it will be that big of a deal, the gear and such will still be in the old style which has always looked odd on the new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Still he has better insight than the forum trolls attacking him.

He was Team Lead for the Vanilla that we all want back in Classic.
    I trust his views over the later ones anytime.
    I feel like this has a weird factional, almost cult-like dimension to it.

He was one of hundreds of people who've worked on WoW over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Without that worthless piece of shit you wouldn't have your worthless piece of shit of a game, this worthless piece of shit of a forum would not exist and you wouldn't be able to post your worthless piece of a shit of a comment. Good night.
    you really really over estimate his contribution.

also without himmler we wouldn't have transplant surgery but no matter what some one is a part of creating dosent excuse them being a vile insufferable smarmy pice of human filth that deserves to be dropped slowly into a vat of acid feet first and then shot into the void of space because his remains are still as toxic as his personality.

dont be at a loss. i want a shitty game ok? i want my shitty vanilla with the bugs i want to take forever to lvl and take 2 years to expirience a glance of naxx i want to grind frostsabre rep for weeks to get to honored even thats what i want you dont want that and thats ok you got the retail version. does it hurts you that people dont want what you do? does it hurt you that the people that wanted vanilla will get it and no one cares about your retail version? does it hurt you that those people that werent pleased are now pleased? i guess you do
    Did someone piss in your Cheerios?

a) As a Classic player, I don't give a damn what you want.
    b) As a Classic and Current player, it's up to the entire community.
    c) If you want bugs (which they've already announced that they'll do away with), substandard graphics, broken classes, etc. then you'll be happy to know that the project will collapse shortly after going live (if it even makes it to a live version).
    d) There's no reason to store mounts and pets in your bags and/or vault, and you can bet your sweet posterior that Battle.net Integration will be required.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a fine line between keeping Classic as close to the original as possible and removing pointless garbage/design flaws.