Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I guess we will see which is strong bipartisan anger from the people or the deep pockets of the telecom companies. I think a lot of congress people are about to get really large checks to make sure this stays, the telecom companies stand to make billions from this. They can go back to the good old days of charging everyone $150-$200/month one way or another.
    I think financially that isn't going to be viable. Cable TV faltered primarily because it was a bad service compared to the internet AND overpriced. When I cut the cord it wasn't even some moral stand against television (Although I think advertising messes with your head), it was purely a financial decision. Televisions are expensive and eat up wallspace. Cable tv costs a lot per month and I don't watch anything.

Their hope is I'm guessing to force people to bay 150-200 a month, but I think one of two things will happen:
    A) Public outcry will be so bad that either 2018 will be politically devastating to anyone trying to hold the ISP's line.
    B) The Internet will wither in America and people will be financially forced to not use, which will trigger a horrific and bitter economic crisis whilst we still struggle in the perpetual anemia after 2008.

The economic fallout will be bad, very bad. The political fallout is likely to be radioactive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    .... Well.... so much for States Rights. >.>

On another note, I do think messing with the way the internet is working is probably political suicide for whatever party decides to destroy Net Neutrality.
    For whatever party decides to destroy NN?

For whatever party!?!

Dude, its YOUR party is the one destroying NN! Obama and the Dems have always sided on keeping NN! Did you think we'd just forget that you're a die-hard Republican/Lib-hater!? o_O

Just read through your posting history - don't go around acting like you're SHOCKED this is happening... this is exactly the kinda stuff we warned you about over the years. You need to own this, not pretend like it would've happened no matter who was elected! >_<

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    For whatever party decides to destroy NN?

For whatever party!?!

Dude, its YOUR party is the one destroying NN! Obama and the Dems have always sided on keeping NN! Did you think we'd just forget that you're a die-hard Republican/Lib-hater!? o_O

Just read through your posting history - don't go around acting like you're SHOCKED this is happening... this is exactly the kinda stuff we warned you about over the years. You need to own this, not pretend like it would've happened no matter who was elected! >_<
    My party? Man I better check my voter registration information because I could have sworn checking no part preference. Hmmmmm
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I think financially that isn't going to be viable. Cable TV faltered primarily because it was a bad service compared to the internet AND overpriced. When I cut the cord it wasn't even some moral stand against television (Although I think advertising messes with your head), it was purely a financial decision. Televisions are expensive and eat up wallspace. Cable tv costs a lot per month and I don't watch anything.

Their hope is I'm guessing to force people to bay 150-200 a month, but I think one of two things will happen:
    A) Public outcry will be so bad that either 2018 will be politically devastating to anyone trying to hold the ISP's line.
    B) The Internet will wither in America and people will be financially forced to not use, which will trigger a horrific and bitter economic crisis whilst we still struggle in the perpetual anemia after 2008.

The economic fallout will be bad, very bad. The political fallout is likely to be radioactive.
    I can't tell how this will end but it will be very bad one way or another and unlike cable TV we all need the internet. The plan seems to be to double dip, they want to blackmail companies like Netflix, Amazon and google into paying them money to not be slowed down second is to reroute traffic to their own versions of popular sites. They don't have to straight charge people $200/month between fees, advertising and forcing people to watch what they want they will make far more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Unless larger established ISPs stamp out the newcomers.
    The internet.. uh... finds a way.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell how this will end but it will be very bad one way or another and unlike cable TV we all need the internet. The plan seems to be to double dip, they want to blackmail companies like Netflix, Amazon and google into paying them money to not be slowed down second is to reroute traffic to their own versions of popular sites. They don't have to straight charge people $200/month between fees, advertising and forcing people to watch what they want they will make far more than that.
    Well, America will economically continue to bleed out then.

While some part of me thinks ISP's would be smart to not let this be noticeable to consumers, I.E. demand Google, Netflix ect pay protection money only; I doubt their bottomless greed will ever stop at that.

Well, America will economically continue to bleed out then.

While some part of me thinks ISP's would be smart to not let this be noticeable to consumers, I.E. demand Google, Netflix ect pay protection money only; I doubt their bottomless greed will ever stop at that.
    That's why it will be a slow drip but eventually one of them will take it too far like they always do, let's not forget these rules got put in place because Verizon and Comcast started blackmailing sites under the Obama administration. If I was netflix I would just put a line on everyone's bill labeled telecom tax, this is going to get very ugly.

My party? Man I better check my voter registration information because I could have sworn checking no part preference. Hmmmmm
    Yeah, like every "woke independent" on these forums. Your posting history betrays you... it's your party since the Obama days. You think we'd forget all your conspiracy theories and hate-mongering?

Again, this is NOT something "the dems" or "the libs" would've done. This is on your head and who you voted for. Please do not pretend like this is a shock to you, and that your constant promotion of the alt-right since the Obama days didn't lead up to this.

EDIT: Back on point - the important thing now is to focus on spreading the word. If it's unpopular enough, hell - maybe Dumbass Dumb-Dumb Donnie might back off it as I forget who above suggested he might do to "appear" as the hero, kinda like how he delayed the elephant importing whathaveyou - if memory serves me correctly.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2017-11-22 at 08:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's why it will be a slow drip but eventually one of them will take it too far like they always do, let's not forget these rules got put in place because Verizon and Comcast started blackmailing sites under the Obama administration. If I was netflix I would just put a line on everyone's bill labeled telecom tax, this is going to get very ugly.
    I am not sure how fast they will go, but I think it will be quick. The hunger for cash is limitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Unless larger established ISPs stamp out the newcomers.
    Which they have always done. They control most areas with complete monopolies and when communities try to push for new internet they pump tons of money to kill it through laws or forcing out the new competition. This is why these moronic libertarians who spout "the free market will decide" are delusional idiots. There is no free market when the market is completely controlled by the corporations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, like every "woke independent" on these forums. Your posting history betrays you... it's your party since the Obama days. You think we'd forget all your conspiracy theories and hate-mongering?

Again, this is NOT something "the dems" or "the libs" would've done. This is on your head and who you voted for. Please do not pretend like this is a shock to you, and that your constant promotion of the alt-right since the Obama days didn't lead up to this.
    I think the Democrats simply try for things like SOPA/CISPA and other issues like that. But they are likely to okay with Net Neutrality because they are more in Google and Netflix' camp.

As for the Obama days, huh? Do I know you?

I am not sure how fast they will go, but I think it will be quick. The hunger for cash is limitless.
    There is also a factor that I cannot account for, all these hackers on the internet digging dirt on congress people that don't bend the knee. I think seeing a few of them humiliated on the internet would "motivate" them more than telecom cash.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is also a factor that I cannot account for, all these hackers on the internet digging dirt on congress people that don't bend the knee. I think seeing a few of them humiliated on the internet would "motivate" them more than telecom cash.
    True, 4chan weaponized autism would REALLY help right about now.

I'm honestly surprised nobody's gone after Dumb-Dumb Donny J-for-Jackass Dump's emails or messages prior to becoming president. That belligerent gasbag doesn't strike me as the kinda guy to have understood what a firewall was... other than believing it was an actual wall that was on fire. >_<

He's got to have sent hundreds, if not thousands, of incriminating emails/messages of even basic things like talking about women derogatorily, or blatant racism or what not - doesn't even need to be anything on Muller's current radar.

I'm honestly surprised nobody's gone after Dumb-Dumb Donny J-for-Jackass Dump's emails or messages prior to becoming president. That belligerent gasbag doesn't strike me as the kinda guy to have understood what a firewall was... other than believing it was an actual wall that was on fire. >_<

He's got to have sent hundreds, if not thousands, of incriminating emails/messages of even basic things like talking about women derogatorily, or blatant racism or what not - doesn't even need to be anything on Muller's current radar.
    The damage Trump does with his tweets and press conferences probably eclipse anything he says in e-mails. This is a guy that attacked the pregnant wife of a dead soldier and his followers didn't bat an eye, Trump has a cult like following nothing will shake their faith. The other people in congress though that is a very different story, get ready for some juicy scandals about anyone who openly supports the telecom companies.

The damage Trump does with his tweets and press conferences probably eclipse anything he says in e-mails. This is a guy that attacked the pregnant wife of a dead soldier and his followers didn't bat an eye, Trump has a cult like following nothing will shake their faith. The other people in congress though that is a very different story, get ready for some juicy scandals about anyone who openly supports the telecom companies.
    Honestly, I'm not so sure. Can you imagine if there's one email out there discussing a celeb female (by name) as if she was a piece of meat? or I can imagine some discussion referring to Americans workers as "Lazy fuckers" and wanting to get oversea workers because [Insert incredibly racist opinions combined with wanting to be a cheap-ass person here]

Honestly, I'm not so sure. Can you imagine if there's one email out there discussing a celeb female (by name) as if she was a piece of meat? or I can imagine some discussion referring to Americans workers as "Lazy fuckers" and wanting to get oversea workers because [Insert incredibly racist opinions combined with wanting to be a cheap-ass person here]
    Nope, he would dismiss it as fake news and his supporters would keep on trucking. At this point if you haven't soured on Trump there's literally nothing he can do or say to change that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, he would dismiss it as fake news and his supporters would keep on trucking. At this point if you haven't soured on Trump there's literally nothing he can do or say to change that.
    I've been talking to a lot of definite Trump supporters about it, being more politically right-wing helps in that I've built up the credibility necessary to be trusted on this issue.

This go around though I think the widening political chasm has hurt things. Building that coalition is so much harder now. The ISP's chose a great time to strike.

I'll admit...I try to keep my fledgling atom-sized ray of hope for American sanity on life-support. >_<

I've been talking to a lot of definite Trump supporters about it, being more politically right-wing helps in that I've built up the credibility necessary to be trusted on this issue.

This go around though I think the widening political chasm has hurt things. Building that coalition is so much harder now. The ISP's chose a great time to strike.
    There is one ray of hope even with this huge chasm most people universally hate ISPs, they are literally the most hated companies in America. On this board alone I have been agreeing with people that I basically disagree with on about everything. Of course there are people like oorlong but he's oorlong and people like him are a very tiny minority.