View Poll Results: Did you go premium?

Voters
127. This poll is closed
  • Hell yeah, the site deserves support!

27 21.26%
  • Nah man, that's like 3 burritos a year! Fuck web developers!

100 78.74%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Lightbulb MMO Champ and add blockers

So now that we finally have the premium feature which so many people said would get them to stop blocking the site (and for a very reasonable price), how many of you put your money where your mouth is and pitched in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Why would I ever give money to the site? Adblock is still free.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    So now that we finally have the premium feature which so many people said would get them to stop blocking the site (and for a very reasonable price), how many of you put your money where your mouth is and pitched in?
    Why are you so convinced that was the driving force for it? The driving force for most people is to avoid the stupid fucking and heinously annoying ads, nevermind the ones full of malware. It never fucking once was about supporting the site. It was about rebelling against the advertisers it works with.

Deleted
    Why would I pay for MMOC?

I understand the need to support with premium. I can't be expected to pay for every site that provides me a little information of what i'm interested in lately. wowhead really fucked up with how slow their systems got with all the adds they run. Without premium their site gradually gets slower until it stops. I just stopped using them. It will be the same for here if that happens.

It's cheap so I'll throw in enough for a year sub soon but after that, if they try to make it as bad as wowhead for non premium users I will not support that.

This site is the reason I installed adblock because it autoplays video ads when a tab has been open for a while (and it still did as of last week). I don't have a problem with paying to remove ads, but I won't be bullied into it and randomly playing videos is unacceptable.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Why are you so convinced that was the driving force for it? The driving force for most people is to avoid the stupid fucking and heinously annoying ads, nevermind the ones full of malware. It never fucking once was about supporting the site. It was about rebelling against the advertisers it works with.
    That is both a silly sentiment, and does not address the issue. Congratulations.

The thread is pointed at the people who specifically stated in previous threads on the topic that they would like to support the site but had no way to do so without the atrocious adds. I agreed with that sentiment, but given the option I find it hard to say the site doesn't deserve a few bucks a year. I don't post all that often, but I'm lurking here just about every day, and enjoy the discussions the site fosters about both WoW and other gaming/general news.
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Im not sure i ever said i would pay for a premium feature... at least i hope i never said that because i have no intentions of doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why would I pay for MMOC?
    Idk man, almost 30k posts over 5 years, you don't feel like you've gotten your 9 bucks worth of entertainment? I totally get using an add blocker, but at some point it's not unreasonable to think you'd want to kick something back to the people providing you a service. To each their own, though! /shrug

Instead of creating a Premium service, Curse needs to seriously re-evaluate their ad network full of extensively malicious and irritating ad providers. More individuals would be incentivized to turn their ad blocker off if Curse/MMO champ didn't gang bang your machine with 70-160 ad events per page visit. Curse has by far the worst ad network on any site I've seen, and this premium service only addresses a symptom of the issue and not the root cause of their lack in ad revenue

Yeah i start paying mmo champ when very well known trolls and shit poster get perma banned

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure I'd actually pay for this service without various things being made more transparent and other aspects of the site, particularly the forums being more transparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best source of WoW information and discussion other than the official forums, been using it for years. They can have some money.

7+ Year Old Account
    If I didn’t get the goddamn advertisements on mobile that redirect me to some other web page I wouldn’t use Adblock here.

I'd rather just enable ads. HOWEVER, some of them auto play videos and re-size (shrink) the website when they load. Why can't they just be normal ads?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use add blocker still, But I will most likely pay for Premium, Because quite literally, whenever I load up my PC, or Tablet, the first webpage I load is MMO, And I like the site, and I'm happy to support it.

Bear in mind of course, the only reason I actually installed adblock was because MMO-C had a spate of self playing audio ads which drove me bonkers

That post on the top of the page, the advertisement for the Premium service (not the tab) constantly appears and disappears and is rather annoying

I don't remember seeing it before, and now it takes half of the "Recent posts" section

Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    That post on the top of the page, the advertisement for the Premium service (not the tab) constantly appears and disappears and is rather annoying

I don't remember seeing it before, and now it takes half of the "Recent posts" section
    Right click, add it to whatever ad-block extension your using and viola, its gone.

I left their premium advertisement up at first but its getting more intrusive by the day. so gone it went.
    Funny how it followed the same path as the advertisements on this site.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

i dont block because of ads. i block because of audio/video AUTOPLAY ads. did they get rid of those yet? im certainly not paying a penny to get rid of them when i can get rid of them for free

I'll pay for MMO-C when it stops being a SJW bastion

Hopefully I don't get infracted by Endus for saying that