10+ Year Old Account

FCC will block states from passing their own net neutrality laws

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/22/...eutrality-laws

fter the FCC began its assault on net neutrality earlier this year, several cities and states began looking into ways to protect consumers on their own. Unfortunately, the FCC has decided that it won’t allow that to happen: as part of its proposal to repeal net neutrality, the commission is trying to use its authority to preempt any and all state and local net neutrality regulations.

The commission intends to block any local laws or regulations that “effectively impose rules or requirements that we have repealed or decided to refrain from imposing in this order or that would impose more stringent requirements for any aspect of broadband service that we address in this order.”

THE FCC SAYS IT WOULD BE TOO MUCH OF A BURDEN ON INTERNET PROVIDERS
    So to sum up: states can’t pass anything covered in the 2015 net neutrality order, they can’t pass anything the FCC mentioned but didn’t pass in this new order, and they can’t pass anything that would at all make life more difficult for ISPs. That seems to include the stricter privacy rules that Congress voted to throw out earlier this year.

The FCC says it’s able to implement this ban because internet access is an interstate service, and it’s impractical to make ISPs treat interstate and intrastate traffic differently. Doing so, the commission writes, would apply “far greater burdens” and “pose an obstacle to or place an undue burden on” the delivery of broadband internet.

It’s very likely this provision will end up being challenged in court, especially since states and localities have already started passing measures to protect consumers’ data. If it holds up, it’ll then be up to Congress to pass stricter net neutrality rules.

The FCC will vote on its proposal to end net neutrality on December 14th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Haha, holy shit lol.

The big providers are going in raw, no lube.

This is when you swallow your pride and ask the French to teach you the fine art of rioting and burning cars. Playing by the rules obviously isn't working.

Gotta kill this evil before it spreads to the rest of the world.

This ain't new. GOP is always against big government...unless it's their big government.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    The FCC received over 22 million comments
    22 million out of 320 million isn't alot really. I don't know how many of those millions are not tax paying adults, however, nor can I confirm all those comments are not just spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    22 million out of 320 million isn't alot really. I don't know how many of those millions are not tax paying adults, however.
    ...not everyone goes on the internet to comment on something. 22 million is a lot for this issue.

22 million out of 320 million isn't alot really. I don't know how many of those millions are not tax paying adults, however.

Are you seriously saying that somehow this isn't the most disgusting, corrupt, abusive thing a US administration has done in recent years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Are you seriously saying that somehow this isn't the most disgusting, corrupt, abusive thing a US administration has done in recent years?
    Nope. Those words were never posted in my comment.

The Republican party the so called party of state rights and small federal government except when the states go against them and they can tell the federal government what to do. Then it is all big government and states get in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    ...not everyone goes on the internet to comment on something. 22 million is a lot for this issue.
    22 million is a lot on pretty much any issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am double checking, but I think its one of the highest amounts of comments received.

22 million out of 320 million isn't alot really. I don't know how many of those millions are not tax paying adults, however, nor can I confirm all those comments are not just spam.
    57.6 million people voted in 2016 for the presidential election.

I think that is the number you should be comparing to.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

He just assumed that because it seems as if you are trying to downplay the gravity of the assfucking they are giving to the American people.
    Not at all. I am being reasonable about the facts, which we have none of those about what my comment mentions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    57.6 million people voted in 2016 for the presidential election.

I think that is the number you should be comparing to.
    You do have a very valid point there, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cant seem to find particular graphs. But 22 million is a lot of comments in comparison to what I am used to seeing on other agency actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the FCC hasn't even mentioned it which is the best part. They are just going to go ahead and sing LALALALALALA WE CAN'T HEAR YOU all the way until the bitter end.
    Well, the average person hates their cable company, and yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have FCC threatens the internet threads

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Net-Neutrality

closing