BFA Leaks postmortem - Were there any real leaks?

BFA has been announced for a few weeks now and the forums have calmed down from the crazy daily/hourly leakstorm.

With Legion, we had some pretty accurate leaks. This time around for BFA, we had an overflow of fake leaks and attention-grabbers that made it hard to figure out what was real and what wasn't.

So let's take a look back at what was said and how accurate some of the leaks were. Were there any legitimate leaks this time around, whether it was about the expansion content or the general concept prior to actual announcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Well, back on 10-26 warneverchanges posted this:

I could be imagining it, I can't really be bothered looking back through the threads, but aside from the piles of the usual nonsense I do seem to recall one of the "leaks" that came out close to Blizzcon seemed fairly accurate. Maybe I'm wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackfan View Post
    Well, back on 10-26 warneverchanges posted this:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post47735638

Hmmm, story checks out.

Did he also start a thread about it at one point? There's no sign of it but I saw another poster mention some of his posts were deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Here is the final list of predictions from the speculation thread right before the announcement, it contains numerous links to the "leaks" people were voting for:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post47826529

The real leak, that has been linked in #2 above, was voted on by just one guy (and it is possible he meant something else), although things like Kul Tiras / Zandalar / Azshara appeared on many votes.

if void elfs and suramarboys comes with 7.3.5 I'll be so fucking in

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    BFA has been announced for a few weeks now and the forums have calmed down from the crazy daily/hourly leakstorm.

With Legion, we had some pretty accurate leaks. This time around for BFA, we had an overflow of fake leaks and attention-grabbers that made it hard to figure out what was real and what wasn't.

So let's take a look back at what was said and how accurate some of the leaks were. Were there any legitimate leaks this time around, whether it was about the expansion content or the general concept prior to actual announcement?
    I posted the majority of the story a year ago from EN quote...bumped it and it got deleted and i got a infraction.

"Grim Vicious" posted the exact details, but I can't load the post, only people who've quoted it. Maybe deleted?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47806818

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, a lot of stuff was obvious or data mined so you were going to hear a lot about Zandalar, Kul'Tiras and Allies (or Sub) Races no matter what.

There was one that did mention "Uncharted Isles" that I remember reading though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I could be imagining it, I can't really be bothered looking back through the threads, but aside from the piles of the usual nonsense I do seem to recall one of the "leaks" that came out close to Blizzcon seemed fairly accurate. Maybe I'm wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post47735638

Hmmm, story checks out.

Did he also start a thread about it at one point? There's no sign of it but I saw another poster mention some of his posts were deleted.
    The real leakers dont start threads.

That is literally rule #1.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I mean, a lot of stuff was obvious or data mined so you were going to hear a lot about Zandalar, Kul'Tiras and Allies (or Sub) Races no matter what.

There was one that did mention "Uncharted Isles" that I remember reading though.
    The void elf thing caught everyone off guard though, which is why WarNeverChanges' leak is the one people are flocking to (and thinking what he said about .3.5 will be legit), that and him naming "Vol'jin in a jar" as a main character, which -still- sounds like a goofy joke, but was confirmed