10+ Year Old Account

New Build 1.5K-1.7K USD

Hello everyone! Posting for a friend. This will be his OWN first build. I am asking the trusty MMO-C community to help us out.

First things first. I have included a link to a build that I thought would be okay, but I want to make sure it suits his needs so I am linking it here for you guys to see.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2mtLhq

I am trying to keep in the 1500-1700 USD range. He is reusing his HDD and SSD.

-I included Win10 in the link because he will be buying that.
    -He already bought the ram AND case before getting assistance with purchasing, but he would like to keep those to avoid having to send them back, and go through all that.

Budget: 1.5-1.7K USD
    Resolution: 1440p 144Hz
    Games / Settings Desired: Very High/Ultra
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Streaming in the future. Recording gameplay.
    Parts that can be reused: SSD, HDD, Ram, Case.
    Do you need an OS? Yes
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Possibly a monitor if he does not get one today during Black Friday. 1440p 1440Hz. 4-500 dollar budget for that separately. Looking at the Dell S2716DG if we can find a Best Buy with one in stock as its on sale.

Games currently playing: Rainbow 6, League, Overwatch, and PUBG and Battlefield 1. Siege and PUBG gets the most play time currently.
    Last edited by Deafyx; 2017-11-24 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafyx View Post
    Hello everyone! Posting for a friend. This will be his OWN first build. I am asking the trusty MMO-C community to help us out.

First things first. I have included a link to a build that I thought would be okay, but I want to make sure it suits his needs so I am linking it here for you guys to see.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2mtLhq

I am trying to keep in the 1500-1700 USD range. He is reusing his HDD and SSD.

-I included Win10 in the link because he will be buying that.
    -He already bought the ram AND case before getting assistance with purchasing, but he would like to keep those to avoid having to send them back, and go through all that.

Budget: 1.5-1.7K USD
    Resolution: 1440p 144Hz
    Games / Settings Desired: Very High/Ultra
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Streaming in the future. Recording gameplay.
    Parts that can be reused: SSD, HDD, Ram, Case.
    Do you need an OS? Yes
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Possibly a monitor if he does not get one today during Black Friday. 1440p 1440Hz. 4-500 dollar budget for that separately. Looking at the Dell S2716DG if we can find a Best Buy with one in stock as its on sale.

Games currently playing: Rainbow 6, League, Overwatch, and PUBG and Battlefield 1. Siege and PUBG gets the most play time currently.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($295.99 @ B&H)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15S 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($78.88 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($154.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 Video Card ($739.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($88.89 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1593.71
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-24 19:12 EST-0500

The cpu cooler I wanted to link was the noctua dh-15 but I couldn't find it on pc part picker. I just left it there so you could get an idea of the price. This is the what I wanted to link:https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16835608045

Something you friend might want to take into consideration is if amazon and newegg don't have warehouse in his state he can avoid paying sale tax.

Newegg also has one of the most restrictive return policy I've ever seen. Amazon will take anything back and has really good shipping.

If he reuses parts he can afford an 8700k which is the king of mainstream processors at the moment.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-11-25 at 12:26 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!