1. #1

    Premium benefits

    Current Avatar and Signature file sizes are limited to 20kb and 50kb respectively.

    It would be nice if Premium offered to raise this allowance to something a little more generous.

  2. #2
    Epic! lockblock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    wisconsin .. I mean greymane
    Posts
    1,617
    Since an actual person (one that isn't paid a dime) has to check that you aren't abusing the file size limits I can pretty much guarantee that is never going to happen. That or they would have to pay someone to code a program that checks file size and hope that it's smart enough to not to recheck static links from imgur etc.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2017-11-26 at 05:00 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Since an actual person (one that isn't paid a dime) has to check that you aren't abusing the file size limits I can pretty much guarantee that is never going to happen. That or they would have to pay someone to code a program that checks file size and hope that it's smart enough to not to recheck static links from imgur etc.
    *stares at chaud and dinosaur*

    I actually think this is a feature they'd be likely to implement. File size restrictions aren't a big deal. (Although to be honest, if OP's avatar/signature were any more spinny then I'd have to ignore him. Not sure the bigger size would make for better pictures, in this case.)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Since an actual person (one that isn't paid a dime) has to check that you aren't abusing the file size limits I can pretty much guarantee that is never going to happen. That or they would have to pay someone to code a program that checks file size and hope that it's smart enough to not to recheck static links from imgur etc.
    What's it matter if they're already checking, regardless?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    *stares at chaud and dinosaur*

    I actually think this is a feature they'd be likely to implement. File size restrictions aren't a big deal. (Although to be honest, if OP's avatar/signature were any more spinny then I'd have to ignore him. Not sure the bigger size would make for better pictures, in this case.)
    My first choice of an avatar was this:




  5. #5
    Yup, something I'm thinking about, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Increase the size limit but ban dumbass animations like the one OP has

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Increase the size limit but ban dumbass animations like the one OP has
    What makes it "dumb"? It's a simple illusion animation. Stop staring at it if it's that much of an issue to you...

  9. #9
    Epic! lockblock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    wisconsin .. I mean greymane
    Posts
    1,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What's it matter if they're already checking, regardless?
    Sorry for the extremely late response. It's bad because this site would generate lots of additional traffic depending on the check frequency. That could potentially cause certain image hosts to outright ban hotlinking images to this site and others doing that. Granted it appears this site copies the image to their own CDN but it's only that way for avatars and not signatures.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2017-12-03 at 05:40 AM.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Twoddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What makes it "dumb"? It's a simple illusion animation. Stop staring at it if it's that much of an issue to you...
    You can also block it with your AdBlocker like I did.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-12-05 at 02:11 PM. Reason: 20KB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •