Poll: How far do you take your alts?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How far do you take your alts?

I'm going through and leveling more of my alts up to max level, and just curious how far other players take their alts. Do you just hit 110 and then stop? Get decent gear, level up professions, complete campaign, etc, or fully gear up to be able to do end game content?
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Generally speaking, until now anyway, I'd take them to 110 and stop.

These days however, with AK gone and the quests to unlock the 3rd relic it's much easier to dabble in alts. I've been gearing them via unsullied tokens and then jumping into LFR.

IMHO it's been a very Alt-Unfriendly expansion. For the way I've traditionally played alts anyway.

I only ever use my alts for professions or weekly mount/pet/tmog runs, other than that, the only actual endgame content I've done on them is broken shore up to the mount. Current plans are to get every class to 110 and complete the order hall and mount quest. After that, it'll go back to only being used for old raid runs and professions. Thinking about doing some argus stuff and camping alts there for more eggs and chances at the mounts though.

I've already main switched like 6 times this expansion, so I generally take them all the way.

My first goal in Legion was to just do class campaigns for alts and do profession quests. Then come the class mounts. Currently I'm slowly moving them to Argus to get some relinquished gear for them. And move them slowly because I don't want to do the same questlines each day. I don't need them all the way at the end because they are just alts. I have my main and I love him and he loves me back.

I've got all 12 classes at 110 thanks to Assaults and heirloom xp. I had three 110s and then lvled the other 9 exclusively through Assaults. I'm working on all 12 order halls to get 7 active followers on each. A few are into Argus and 2 have completed the zone quests. No raiding and no dungeons except where order hall requires them. The gold you can make through missions is insane; multiple tokens a month.
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2017-11-27 at 04:13 AM.

Class mounts and campaigns. I'll do the invasions on them each week for gear and enough world quests to keep resources going to farm gold through the Legion app.

7+ Year Old Account
    All my alt's got their class title + mounts and has done a bit of daylies on Argus. But thats it

being an altoholic is horrible in Legion. just to have a bit alts, ok. but to have alts like „second main“ wise, its nearly impossible. Legendaries foremost, but also trinkets, AP and relics, and thousands of quests is what literally killing to have „a second (or third) main“.

but i see no sense in having some stupid 900 alts, used for ... what? nothing. instead there were times in the past, where you raided in HC guilds or low myth guilds, and played every tier another main. or maybe every second tier. this was real altoholism. but this is completely a thing of the past.

as a player, relatively fast bored by one class, even when i be good at them (and after playing 13 years thats not that hard), a lot of fun i got out in the earlier xpacs, was the variety. Legion is the horrible opposite of that and kills every fun i ever had in switching mains while 1 xpac.

alone for this reason i will praise classic servers. because the gearing process is that slow, that you can get 5 toons in parallel to full blue MC ready, before your main even have 1 purple. and know the best ? no fukin endless long Legendary quests doing over and over. no gated shit. just play to 60 and start getting gear and progress by just playing the game (raids and dungeons). that was it. for me personally the heaven in contrast to live today.

ofc i can understand why live is like its is. most ppl play 1 toon. nearly a lifetime. ofc they must have endless stuff for one toon. in this regard Legion is right. its just that WoD and Legion (and MoP already to a degree) killed a gaming aspect for ppl like me. and i am not alone. even when we are less than 10%, we exist.

but hey, maybe thats what classic servers are for.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-11-27 at 05:56 AM.

I typically keep 1-2 other classes at max lvl along with my main and bring them along with LFRs/gear tokens after I'm done with the tiers. Apart from that I like to keep a few alts parked at the various expansion benchmark lvls so if I desire I can replay through the lvling zones of whatever expansion I feel like getting back into.

I mostly just get mine to max level.

In the case of Legion I also acquired the class mounts for each one and will eventually get the recolors from having concordance too.

Will probably do professions as well at some point during the drought.

As of late, I've been getting them to 110 and a 2nd legendary, and then generally they fall to the side.
    I've been trying though to get them to ~920 to try the mage tower challenge at least though, after maybe getting a bit from Antorus LFR. I don't really feel like dealing with the challenge aspect when I want to get all the appearances.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never before this expansion have I dealt with alts as much as I do now. I main a fury warrior but have a resto druid alt both mythic raiding capable and both are basically as geared as the other. I'm just better at my warrior and will always be my main.

Deleted
    Used to get them "raid ready" in previous expacs in order to switch between raid patches if needed. Legion however has been such a lackluster expac I haven't bothered to level any of them. They're all still in their garrisons.

I really don't want to see any of that content ever again.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just stop at level 90ish and just start a new one

Leveling is fun and relaxing for me but I've run the legion and draenor zones way too many times to bother
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

10+ Year Old Account
    My alts need to get Cutting Edge before my main or they failed Kappa

All 10 of them are curved and the lowest one is ilvl 939 ;(

920-925 ilvl, class campaign, artifact challange skin for all specs, and then done. Log on them only for the gold missions and rare toy/pet/transmog/mount farm when needed like the 13th anniversary bosses atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    even when we are less than 10%, we exist.

but hey, maybe thats what classic servers are for.
    We do. I think we're not loud enough. Most threads where people suggest some OPTIONAL harder options for players, people hurt the conversation by basically calling it nonsense.

I don't want a WoW which is carebear until levelcap since I do enjoy the questing up to the levelcap. I totally understand why they made it easier to level, but I find it hard to understand, why they haven't given us options.

The level process should be slow and challenging without heirlooms imho. That's why they gave us heirlooms... to make it easier and faster.

My standard goal for alts is - to complete Loremaster and get some actual gear set. As WOD was very casual-friendly, it was level 100->Loremaster->Full Baleful->passive Garrison leveling. And Legion is extremely casual- and alt-unfriendly, so all I can do - is leveling to 110. I tried to do Loremaster on one alt, but, you know, just one word - Suramar... Even now, when all gating is removed, it still takes too long to do with little to no reward, as rewards for almost all quests - useless AP.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.