Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    If it's just for WoW, a 1060 is overkill on 1440.
    Not if you want to play over 60Hz at ultra settings.

There's a lot of epeen measuring with this stuff, but I personally can tell a huge difference between 60 and 90Hz. 120Hz is really tough to tell, and 144Hz (to me at least) is not any better at all than 120Hz.

Of course the difference between 60 and 144 is absolutely miniscule compared to 30 and 60, particularly without freesync/gsync, and 60Hz really is good enough. Some of us just want the best, that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble man.

I would wait for BfA to be released.

Legion is the most poorly optimized expansion Blizzard has ever released.

When 7.0 released myself and thousands of other players were reporting insanely poor FPS in Suramar, Valsharah and some dungeons/raids. It was acknowledged by a Blue in the official Tech Support forums and they said a fix was on the way for 7.1 but it never came.

I have a 27 inch 1440p 144hz gsync monitor. i7 4.1Ghz 4790 CPU, GTX1080 graphics card, 16gb ram etc. It's a $2500+ AUD PC(just for the tower).

I can't max out WoW in 1440p. It's not possible. You have to turn anti aliasing down or turn some of the sliders down to 7 or lower to even maintain 60FPS.

Suramar is the worst culprit. 30FPS roughly.

Really dissapointing to be honest. Meanwhile I'm running Battlefront 2 at 1440p at 80+ frames. That has ALOT more shit going on and its multiplayer too so there's no excuse.

Apparently WoW can't utilize all the cores in your CPU. They really need to fix it for BfA.
    Then its a bad 1080 you have.
    I have a 1070 with all setting cranked to max. I sometimes dip below 40 in suramar. (click on picture to see full version)

20 fps if I run 6k
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2017-12-03 at 06:39 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    Or do you think this is just too big? Should there be any concerns of playing with a 32 inch in WoW or in general?

4K won‘t work with my GTX1060 the way I want the game to be I think. I want beautiful scenes, high fps and stunning colors.

So would you recommend me a 32” Monitor then?
    32" seems too high. I have a 27" and I even feel like i should've bought a 24" instead. For stunning colors you have to get a IPS display.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Not if you want to play over 60Hz at ultra settings.
    There's a lot of epeen measuring with this stuff, but I personally can tell a huge difference between 60 and 90Hz. 120Hz is really tough to tell, and 144Hz (to me at least) is not any better at all than 120Hz.
    Of course the difference between 60 and 144 is absolutely miniscule compared to 30 and 60, particularly without freesync/gsync, and 60Hz really is good enough. Some of us just want the best, that's all.
    True, over 60Hz it's fine for WoW. 60Hz max? overkill.

You can make whatever claims you want. It's not MY system. It's THIS game.

Provide proof or shut up. It's that simple.
    Not sure why you'd think I'd go through all this pain in the arse to lie to you? As I said I don't really care if you choose to believe me or not. I haven't doubted you once that it's the game and I can't believe I've had to repeat that three times. But you're card has a issue somewhere because the game isn't THAT BAD.

I can't believe I actually went through the effort to check, but I checked in with two friends one running a 1070 and one running a 1060 TI both told me an avg of 80 on ultra in raids and 50-60 in Suramar.

At the risk of repeating myself (yet again) the game's not 100%, but neither is you're card and frankly the only reason I can see someone being this defensive is because they know we're right. Literally multiple people are telling you the same thing and you seem to have this conspiracy in your head we're all out to lie to you

For my prefered sitting distance 24" is the limit. Currently using the EIZO ColorEdge line with a light-shielding hood. 1080p is enough for my video and photo editing and I see no reason why it shouldnt be enough for simple gaming.

my optimal viewing distance with stereo setup:
    -

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    For my prefered sitting distance 24" is the limit. Currently using the EIZO ColorEdge line with a light-shielding hood. 1080p is enough for my video and photo editing and I see no reason why it shouldnt be enough for simple gaming.

my optimal viewing distance with stereo setup:
    Whats going on with that speaker to the left?? The pattern matches the wall.

In April this year I´ve bought a complete new set up and was thinking about a 4K oder widescreen monitor.

Decided to buy the Asus ROG Swift PG348Q and coulnd´t be happier. For WoW and FPS games it´s simply awesome. But you really need some space between the monitor and yourself. Also at least for older RTS games it´s a mess. AoE 2 HD ain´t working nice, have to downscale it to whatever only not to get eye cancer...
    SC2 is fine tho.

Go to a shop... test it out helped me alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Whats going on with that speaker to the left?? The pattern matches the wall.
    monitors (adam a7x) with glossy paint
    -

Do I need to take screenshots of Battlefront 2 running at 115 frames on FULL Ultra? How about Wolfenstein 2?'

I don't know why I have to keep repeating MYSELF. Either provide PROOF or..... Shut up? Even the guy above has proven he cant get over 40FPS in Suramar but you magically can and so can your imaginary friends?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9036844?page=1

^There are 100s of threads like this on OFFICIAL tech support forums from 7.0 and onwards.

Fact: Legion is an un-optimized piece of shit.
    I'm done with you xD It's like in one ear out of the other.

Yes, though you may want to edit your UI a lot more, having the character portrait, healthbar and stuff at the top left may be too far away for you.
    I had a 34" curved monitor last week, it was fun to play with. (returned it because of huge ips bleed)

I'm sorry to burst your bubble man.

I would wait for BfA to be released.

Legion is the most poorly optimized expansion Blizzard has ever released.

When 7.0 released myself and thousands of other players were reporting insanely poor FPS in Suramar, Valsharah and some dungeons/raids. It was acknowledged by a Blue in the official Tech Support forums and they said a fix was on the way for 7.1 but it never came.

I have a 27 inch 1440p 144hz gsync monitor. i7 4.1Ghz 4790 CPU, GTX1080 graphics card, 16gb ram etc. It's a $2500+ AUD PC(just for the tower).

I can't max out WoW in 1440p. It's not possible. You have to turn anti aliasing down or turn some of the sliders down to 7 or lower to even maintain 60FPS.

Suramar is the worst culprit. 30FPS roughly.

Really dissapointing to be honest. Meanwhile I'm running Battlefront 2 at 1440p at 80+ frames. That has ALOT more shit going on and its multiplayer too so there's no excuse.

Apparently WoW can't utilize all the cores in your CPU. They really need to fix it for BfA.
    Not really a fair comparison, WoW is running on a pretty ancient engine, DICE on the other hand has by far the best optimization in the business running on a cutting edge engine. Personally, I think you should either go 1080p 144 hz or 4k, I don't really think investing in 1440p is really worthwhile at this point, especially with some of the weird aspect ratio issues.

That's why I mentioned Wolfenstein 2 in a second post. Really the point im trying to make it that it is 100% to do with WoW.

I'm fine investing in 1440p. 4k doesn't interest me in the slightest. It's far too expensive at the moment + no 144hz.
    For the GPU you would need to take advantage of 1440p at 120-144 hz, you could run 4k at 60 fps. Personally I think a 1070 and 1080p is the way to go right now if you're on a budget, it's a great combo. Honestly a 120-144 hz 1440p monitor isn't going to be much cheaper than a 4k monitor either. If you already have a 1080 or 1080 ti then I suppose it's kind of a waste at 1080p though.

So, after a few days with my new 32 inch monitor I can tell you it is AMAZING to play wow with it, even in 2k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    So, after a few days with my new 32 inch monitor I can tell you it is AMAZING to play wow with it, even in 2k.
    what did you get
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

BenQ EW3270ZL, its great. got it for 311 EUR on Amazon. The day after it was 400 EUR again. So had a lucky chance. It's not a high performance monitor, but its price-value ratio is incredible. those colors, 2k, works fluid, eye-protecting mechanisms, just amazing.

i will never play in a bigger screen than 22.5 becouse in a 24 screen i cant see all that i want without to move too much my eyes

You must sit really close to the screen. Or your eyes are really close together.