Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Yes, though you may want to edit your UI a lot more, having the character portrait, healthbar and stuff at the top left may be too far away for you.
    I had a 34" curved monitor last week, it was fun to play with. (returned it because of huge ips bleed)

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble man.

I would wait for BfA to be released.

Legion is the most poorly optimized expansion Blizzard has ever released.

When 7.0 released myself and thousands of other players were reporting insanely poor FPS in Suramar, Valsharah and some dungeons/raids. It was acknowledged by a Blue in the official Tech Support forums and they said a fix was on the way for 7.1 but it never came.

I have a 27 inch 1440p 144hz gsync monitor. i7 4.1Ghz 4790 CPU, GTX1080 graphics card, 16gb ram etc. It's a $2500+ AUD PC(just for the tower).

I can't max out WoW in 1440p. It's not possible. You have to turn anti aliasing down or turn some of the sliders down to 7 or lower to even maintain 60FPS.

Suramar is the worst culprit. 30FPS roughly.

Really dissapointing to be honest. Meanwhile I'm running Battlefront 2 at 1440p at 80+ frames. That has ALOT more shit going on and its multiplayer too so there's no excuse.

Apparently WoW can't utilize all the cores in your CPU. They really need to fix it for BfA.
    Not really a fair comparison, WoW is running on a pretty ancient engine, DICE on the other hand has by far the best optimization in the business running on a cutting edge engine. Personally, I think you should either go 1080p 144 hz or 4k, I don't really think investing in 1440p is really worthwhile at this point, especially with some of the weird aspect ratio issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Agartha View Post
    Not really a fair comparison, WoW is running on a pretty ancient engine, DICE on the other hand has by far the best optimization in the business running on a cutting edge engine. Personally, I think you should either go 1080p 144 hz or 4k, I don't really think investing in 1440p is really worthwhile at this point, especially with some of the weird aspect ratio issues.
    That's why I mentioned Wolfenstein 2 in a second post. Really the point im trying to make it that it is 100% to do with WoW.

I'm fine investing in 1440p. 4k doesn't interest me in the slightest. It's far too expensive at the moment + no 144hz.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That's why I mentioned Wolfenstein 2 in a second post. Really the point im trying to make it that it is 100% to do with WoW.

I'm fine investing in 1440p. 4k doesn't interest me in the slightest. It's far too expensive at the moment + no 144hz.
    For the GPU you would need to take advantage of 1440p at 120-144 hz, you could run 4k at 60 fps. Personally I think a 1070 and 1080p is the way to go right now if you're on a budget, it's a great combo. Honestly a 120-144 hz 1440p monitor isn't going to be much cheaper than a 4k monitor either. If you already have a 1080 or 1080 ti then I suppose it's kind of a waste at 1080p though.

So, after a few days with my new 32 inch monitor I can tell you it is AMAZING to play wow with it, even in 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    So, after a few days with my new 32 inch monitor I can tell you it is AMAZING to play wow with it, even in 2k.
    what did you get
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

BenQ EW3270ZL, its great. got it for 311 EUR on Amazon. The day after it was 400 EUR again. So had a lucky chance. It's not a high performance monitor, but its price-value ratio is incredible. those colors, 2k, works fluid, eye-protecting mechanisms, just amazing.

i will never play in a bigger screen than 22.5 becouse in a 24 screen i cant see all that i want without to move too much my eyes

You must sit really close to the screen. Or your eyes are really close together.