Also, when you say "all basic video settings at max"

What is your Draw Distance set to?
    What are your Shadows set to?
    Water?
    Environmental Detail?
    Ground Clutter?
    Ultra High
    Ultra

Literally every option on the Graphics tab is the highest it can be, except for Anti-Aliasing, which is why I always notate that it's 2xMSAA with MFAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Dare you to try "on ultra in every single area" ... and there's still a considerable difference between Mythic and Normal, effects that last throughout the fight or aren't there at all on Normal etc. along with a higher coordination is still a bigger drain.
    I've had the open world at nearly full ultra (everything max, except view distance at 7, env detail at 7, and ground clutter at 4) for the entire expansion. I just kicked those up (and stopped using a raid/battleground setting) since I got the 8700k.

Also not sure on what specific bosses you tested and when I mean Mythic raiding of course I'm excluding the disaster that is Skorpyron and Botanist douchebag and others that are so bad you just want to punch someone in the face.
    The data I uploaded was two or three pulls on Coven. I had some data from other bosses, but I was trying to get an entire fight beginning to end and we kept wiping. The partial data I had on Imonar and Kin'garoth were similar numbers, though. The downside to using data from Fraps whenever there's instance hopping is that it dips to single digit frames and then jumps to the 900s during the load screen.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2017-12-02 at 02:16 AM.

Deleted
    I've done a complete UI reset by deleting Interface, WTF and Config folders. My recommended is still 5, I've turned shadows and liquid details to low and I'm getting 90-100 FPS questing, mid 40s in Dalaran, and around 30 ish in large scenarios such as Invasions. I'll try and test it in a raid with some addons and will post my results again.

Without screenshots or a movie showing your performance during a fight or what not, people can claim all they want but I will never believe it untill you prove it.

Now, OP

Quote Originally Posted by Rawndell View Post
    I've got myself a new pc with Ryzen 5 1400 Wraith Stealth, RX 580 Aorus 4GB and 16Gb RAM thinking it would handle WoW on Ultra with no issues. Yet I'm barely getting 20 FPS in raids.

What I've tried doing is getting updating drivers, turned on high performance in power settings, turned off xbox dvr in my win 10, all with no success.

Do you guys have any idea what might cause the issues?

Thanks in advance.
    The Ryzen 5 1400 is a mid range to low range cpu for gaming, I don't know if you knew this, but, it sadly is. I havent seen anyone comment on this, but for WoW, it is not enough, to compare to the blue team, it would be a i5 7600k (k version because of overclocking, like you can do with the 1400) but the difference is, 3,2-3,4 ghz 4 core vs 3,8-4,2 ghz 4 core, as you can tell the later one (being more expensive) is a lot better for WoW because it wants high speeds on fewer cores. Now you can overclock yours a little bit but probably not a lot because you use the Wraith stealth cooler (stock cooler) and it cant remove the heat good enough. Pure and simple, it just isnt powerfull enough to do Ultra, and neither is mine, I play on a Ryzen 7 1700x overclocked to 3900, with 16GB Ram and a 1080 gtx running at 1440p. I dip below 30's if a lot of stuff goes on on mythic, even though before a fight it hangs around the 100-120 fps.

As proof of my own pc performance take a look at my kill vids googling for Jin Shepard Mythic and just look at the top of the screen to see my fps.

Deleted
    I've just got fresh win 10 and drivers installation on my old PC, which was meant to be replaced by this one. Intel i5 2310, gtx 560ti, 8gb RAM - virtually no difference in performance. I'm extremely disappointed in my new PC and am going to ask for a refund and then get myself a setup with Intel/nVidia.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've just got fresh win 10 and drivers installation on my old PC, which was meant to be replaced by this one. Intel i5 2310, gtx 560ti, 8gb RAM - virtually no difference in performance. I'm extremely disappointed in my new PC and am going to ask for a refund and then get myself a setup with Intel/nVidia.
    This is bound to happen and will unlikely change with your new kit.
    Like I've said prior WoW does not scale well with more powerful CPUs that have more cores/threads.

The only thing you're going to feel an advantage of is clock speed differences in WoW.

So unless you're going to overclock to 4,8 - 5,0GHz with your new kit you're probably not going to feel it.

There was some glitch somewhere in your Ryzen build throwing down performance when it shouldn't.
    Having a Ryzen 7 1800X or Ryzen 3 1200 will not make a difference in WoW whatsoever if you have them clocked to the same clockspeed.

But it is your choice and money, do as you please.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

Deleted
    This is bound to happen and will unlikely change with your new kit.
    Like I've said prior WoW does not scale well with more powerful CPUs that have more cores/threads.

The only thing you're going to feel an advantage of is clock speed differences in WoW.

So unless you're going to overclock to 4,8 - 5,0GHz with your new kit you're probably not going to feel it.

There was some glitch somewhere in your Ryzen build throwing down performance when it shouldn't.
    Having a Ryzen 7 1800X or Ryzen 3 1200 will not make a difference in WoW whatsoever if you have them clocked to the same clockspeed.

But it is your choice and money, do as you please.
    So you're telling me that I cannot get a setup that I can run on setting 7 in the world questing and stuff and not have any FPS issues, and run on setting 5 (both settings will have their shadows and liquid detail turned to low cause that doesn't bother me) in raids and BGs and have around 50 FPS?

15+ Year Old Account
    So you're telling me that I cannot get a setup that I can run on setting 7 in the world questing and stuff and not have any FPS issues, and run on setting 5 (both settings will have their shadows and liquid detail turned to low cause that doesn't bother me) in raids and BGs and have around 50 FPS?
    No, I'm telling you that you should have been able to with the Ryzen chip but you had a glitch somewhere prohibiting performance somehow.
    However adding to that that you shouldn't expect high end 60+ FPS performance during raids all the time either even with an 8700K which is currently the fastest gaming CPU on the market.

WoW just sucks in that manner.

(I'm going to ignore Suramar City because that is a destructive zone which has no pity for any computer)

On setting 7 the Ryzen CPU you had, even at stock speeds, should have easily been capable of more in raids, Dalaran and Scenarios.
    So something else was bottlenecking you... what it was I can't tell because I don't know.

But blaming the system for being shit performance and switching to Intel because of it is a bit "Meh" because of something that's likely not it's fault.

That said the reason why we keep recommending to people here on the forum whom have Sandy Bridge and higher to simply OC their system (your's would be limited due to no OCing chip) is because there's very little difference between Sandy Bridge @ say 4,7GHz vs. even Coffee Lake @ 4,7GHz in WoW.
    Processor technology hasn't gone far in the last 6, almost 7, years and if AMD hadn't pushed Intel we'd likely still be stuck with Quad Core i7s instead of Hexa.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."

Not sure what bug you speak of Evildeffy but my Ryzen 7 I mentioned above is 25-50 fps in a mythic raid, not setting 7, some thing are low or turned off. No fight it goes to 100+. Whatever bug or what not was around is probly been fixed. I would have noticed it otherwise.

His older Intel® Core™ i5-2310 is barely any better then his new Ryzen 5, so hence is not so much performance gain, and the 580 cannot handle ultra settings I believe but can be wrong.

Going to the blue camp you can do but it isnt the pc's fault, Ryzen is not ment for 2 core gaming, it is ment for multicore gaming or programs, meaning it is more future proof, and it forced intels hand to finally do something instead of cashing in on its monopoly and doing no innovation, that is why I choose a ryzen 7, while I knew full well a 7700k (but has no future since its already almost capping out) was better for nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try running KJ/Guldan LFR with https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...ge/screenshots and look what addons are consuming most of your CPU time/second. And post screenshots please :-)
    I've had some addons that were consuming a lot, that weren't needed in raid at all.
    Also what is your FPS in raid with/without addons?
    English is not my mainspec!

Make sure that your CPU isn't throttling and that the RAM is running in dual channel mode; you can do both with cpu-z.

I've done a complete UI reset by deleting Interface, WTF and Config folders. My recommended is still 5, I've turned shadows and liquid details to low and I'm getting 90-100 FPS questing, mid 40s in Dalaran, and around 30 ish in large scenarios such as Invasions. I'll try and test it in a raid with some addons and will post my results again.
    with a Mid tier setup like you listed you are getting about what is expected. Those are some decent score for something mid range to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

That Ryzen system of yours is roughly would be about a I5/1060 3gb (not 6gb)

As I said above unless you are willing to jump to a higher tier rig I7/GTX1060+ do not expect much higher results than you are getting now. WoW is more CPU driven than GPU, Im on an I7 that stays overclocked to 4.8 and a GTX 1080 ti and even I still have lag in many areas of wow or if too much shit is going on at once if I try to stay at Ultra and not tweak down some settings.
    Last edited by Renegades; 2017-12-03 at 02:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Not sure what bug you speak of Evildeffy but my Ryzen 7 I mentioned above is 25-50 fps in a mythic raid, not setting 7, some thing are low or turned off. No fight it goes to 100+. Whatever bug or what not was around is probly been fixed. I would have noticed it otherwise.
    You are incorrectly reading my statement about a bug of sorts.
    His system should be quicker and if your Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3,9GHz is doing between 25 - 50 FPS in Mythic raids then I honest to God have no idea what you're running to deteriorate performance to a crawl.
    I've built people's systems with Ryzen for WoW from the Ryzen 5 1500X to Ryzen 7 1800X with every CPU stop in between.
    All their performance, hovering between 6 - 8 (whatever they preferred), scored considerably better performance with cards from GTX 1050 Ti - GTX 1080Ti and RX 570 to RX 580 (not had the pleasure/misfortune of building with RX Vega yet) in general with setting 8 dropping to 50 at most during CDs and rocketing back up to 70 - 80 during the encounter itself, this on Mythic Gul'dan.
    Of course with a full set of addons, not barebones.

So I do not understand how you can have THAT terrible a performance, you shouldn't have that at all.

I had better performance with my Intel Core i7-990X (1st generation i7) @ 3,73GHz WoW Turbo bin speed and preset to 8, shadows to low.
    Hell even Skorpyron only dropped me to 30FPS during the adds and as soon as they were gone back up to 70.

And if you know your technology than you know that my 990X was (it died in a blaze of glory) about 40% lower in IPC than a similar Ryzen CPU and therefor considerably slower in WoW.

So unless you're willing to tell me that I was on drugs when measuring performance for other people's PCs I built and my i7-990X was somehow breaking all the records in single core performance without me knowing and no OC... I'm inclined to believe the OP has a glitch somewhere.
    His older Intel® Core™ i5-2310 is barely any better then his new Ryzen 5, so hence is not so much performance gain, and the 580 cannot handle ultra settings I believe but can be wrong.
    The Ryzen 5 is better than Sandy Bridge, not sure how you equate to Sandy Bridge being better.
    And you can run WoW @ Ultra on a cheap ass 750Ti ... why would an RX 580 not be capable of running it?
    Little bit weird this statement.

Going to the blue camp you can do but it isnt the pc's fault, Ryzen is not ment for 2 core gaming, it is ment for multicore gaming or programs, meaning it is more future proof, and it forced intels hand to finally do something instead of cashing in on its monopoly and doing no innovation, that is why I choose a ryzen 7, while I knew full well a 7700k (but has no future since its already almost capping out) was better for nowadays.
    The difference is less pronounced than a lot of people think.. but regardless an i7-7700K's only real advantage is superior clock speeds in gaming because of the nature of games, which are becoming better threaded by the day but currently still fare better on higher clocks and IPC.
    And even then a Kaby Lake chip should never be chosen nowadays with the advent of both Ryzen and Coffee Lake.
    Last edited by Evildeffy; 2017-12-03 at 02:54 PM.

You can say what you wish Evildeffy, I am just giving what I know as knowledge to the OP, he can use this to reach a conclusion he feels most comfortable with, do not try to put words in my mouth or insinuate things.

pre fight

pre fight resources

During fight

I would love to see those screenies of that performance of your builds of Ryzen. This is my performance and has been a little bit better since the bios updates but nothing major. Fyi this is my full rig.

CPU: Ryzen 1700X @ 3900 mhz, NZXT Kraken 62X watercooler
    RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 Mhz @ 2933 Mhz
    GFX: Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock Edition 8GB
    MBB: Asus Crosshair VI Hero (1701 bios)
    SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME (Windows)
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB (Games)
    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB (Storage)
    PSU: Corsair HXi 750 Watt

15+ Year Old Account
    You can say what you wish Evildeffy, I am just giving what I know as knowledge to the OP, he can use this to reach a conclusion he feels most comfortable with, do not try to put words in my mouth or insinuate things.
    Please point me towards where I ever put either "words in your mouth" or "insinuated things" ... I have simply stated what I believe is happening.

I am giving my knowledge for the OP to use as he pleases, if I did not I would not have taken the effort to respond.
    However you are of course entitled to your opinion just as I am mine.

<removed pictures for quote size>

I would love to see those screenies of that performance of your builds of Ryzen. This is my performance and has been a little bit better since the bios updates but nothing major. Fyi this is my full rig.

CPU: Ryzen 1700X @ 3900 mhz, NZXT Kraken 62X watercooler
    RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 Mhz @ 2933 Mhz
    GFX: Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock Edition 8GB
    MBB: Asus Crosshair VI Hero (1701 bios)
    SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME (Windows)
    SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB (Games)
    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB (Storage)
    PSU: Corsair HXi 750 Watt
    If I decide to raid again (I've not raided in 3 months, of which 2 were due to my PC being a smoldering pile of ashes and me not having the funds to rebuild it... you're welcome to sponsor me if you wish) I'll make screenshots for you ... but it'd be of an 8700K likely all-core OCed to 4,7 or if I can be bothered close to 5GHz.

Next time I build a Ryzen rig for someone I'll do the test for you but it'd have to be LFR because of aforementioned issues.

The last build I made was an 8600K shipped to the UK (Aberdeen, Scotland) just a couple of days ago.

However if you want my old specs which ran better before it died... I can give you those if you like, you can throw your own computational comparisons against it if you like.
    Windows 7 Pro x64 - Intel Core i7-990X @ 3,73GHz (stock WoW boost, no OC) - Corsair Hydro H100i V2 - Corsair Dominator GT 2000MHz CL8 (ran @ 1866 because the IMC couldn't take 2000MHz, would shut off 2 out of 3 memory channels) - MSI Radeon R9 390X Gaming 8G - ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Intel SSD DC S3700 800GB (SATA) - 4 x 2 TB Western Digital Caviar Black - Corsair AX1200

Here's a movie of said settings but it's a relatively old one and my system specs on the bottom right aren't correct:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMu_lpA5o8I

That's with CPU capturing @ stock speeds, the thread where I made that video for stated this as well which is on this forum, so not 4,52GHz as you see there and my graphics was already an MSI Radeon R9 390X Gaming 8G instead of the HD6990 (to give you an idea what class of cards I used to buy when they were released).
    So that is capturing WITH an FPS penalty via OBS as I used different encoding settings (higher quality from when I was streaming) .. and from that "ancient" computer specs Ryzen would be performing worse?

Kinda doubtful since the settings there are likely higher than the OP and the insane 40% IPC lead Ryzen has on Gulftown.
    (Note: Crimson ReLive wasn't released so no capturing there nor does Gulftown have an iGPU for Intel QuickSync before you state either, the other guy in the post did as well and failed horribly)

I could give you my 2nd build which had a 4960X and a GigaByte GTX 1080 G1 (wish I hadn't to be honest, pretty poor vs. MSI and ASUS .. but again only option at the time) as well but I broke that down because no onboard sound and most importantly Wake-on-LAN didn't function at all which is something I HAVE to have working but I've not actively tried WoW on it when I did have it, work PC.

Most builds of Ryzen I went with the G.Skill Trident Z or G.Skill Flare X variants for Samsung B-Die compatibility ... having said that they are now so insane with prices it's literally to cry for .. so lately I've picked the Crucial Ballistix series 3000MHz or Corsair Vengeance LPX ... whichever is cheaper or available.
    I have to add that you actually noticeably feel the difference in handling, Ryzen really does like it a lot better.
    Cold boot especially, trains memory a lot better and quicker.

My own RAM f.ex. I have pre-purchased so I can have a new PC up and running when I stop being a lazy fucking cunt is the G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3600MHz CL15 which is considered the best on the market... I paid a stupid 200 euros for it when I got it... now it's 300+

I'd be happy to continue this debate regardless but not to the detriment of the OP, if you wish to continue you can always PM me to further the discussion.

I've got myself a new pc with Ryzen 5 1400 Wraith Stealth, RX 580 Aorus 4GB and 16Gb RAM thinking it would handle WoW on Ultra with no issues. Yet I'm barely getting 20 FPS in raids.

What I've tried doing is getting updating drivers, turned on high performance in power settings, turned off xbox dvr in my win 10, all with no success.

Do you guys have any idea what might cause the issues?

Thanks in advance.
    No system can handle WoW at ultra settings with highest MSAA. I do recommend switching to an Intel/Nvidia setup for WoW. I've played WoW on an AMD setup and the cards are just no meant for that game. I had 2 different generations CPUs and GPUs and my performance was lacking. WoW just runs better on Intel cpus and Nvidia video cards. Peace.

@Evildeffy - Did you ask me for a specific proof and i have failed to provide?

Didnt someone not long ago on these forums have both Intel and Ryzen setups and did a test and there was very little difference.

I have been trying to find it but no luck.

Anyway @ OP

Your system should handle wow with no issues on 7 and shadows down to good. Dont listen to these people telling you to go spend more on Intel/Nvidia.

As of late, it really doesn't make a huge difference. Like Evildeffy said, you obviously have something wrong somewhere. I would do a fresh install of wow, try it out before you install addons and add one at a time just to rule that out.

Also make sure you have DSR off in game and VC settings.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

@Rawndell could you check what mem speed your memory is running using CPUz ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timshuku View Post
    @Evildeffy - Did you ask me for a specific proof and i have failed to provide?
    Simply put I had slightly misread your posting.

Due to the proximity of statements you posted your specs and I somehow read that "you have no issues" into "you are always above 60 FPS" ... which you didn't write.

So if you have no issues, good for you... that's how it's meant to be played. (not an nVidia pun)

But if you claim all ultra settings everywhere at 60 FPS or higher all the time in Mythic Raids then I call shenanigans, since that is (for the moment) simply not possible unless you have a 7 - 7,5GHz Liquid Nitrogen or Liquid Helium cooling going on.

5+ Year Old Account
    There's no PC in the world that can run WoW in Mythic Raids @ quality level 10 @ 60FPS and higher.

WoW is HEAVILY CPU bound and most of it's job is allocated to 1 core.
    If you drop to Quality 7 you should be perfectly fine, possibly overclock the CPU for a little bit more headroom.

Your system is fine for just about any other type of game ... but WoW and others like it simply do not scale well on computers at all.
    I agree, I have a GTX 1080 and I'm still struggling to reach stable 60fps even on the world (let alone raids or BGs) with quality 10
    For the [enter opposing faction here]