Quesiton about headset sound

I have been using the HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset series KHX-H3CL/WR. I use them when playing Fortnite and PUBG mostly. I have a hard time figuring out where people are in the game. I can get a general idea, but I see other players that are able to know exactly where someone is. I'm wondering if it's just the headset. This headset said for PC, but also says it's for consoles. I'm thinking that maybe I should have went for something more designed for PC, such as the HyperX Cloud Revolver.

Thoughts?

Bump da bump bump do the bump bump

10+ Year Old Account
    My 2 guesses: The quality of the headset you use isn't very great and they are closed back. Usually if you want a big sound-stage (like in an open outdoor large area video game) you use an open-back headset/headphones. The latter is kind of subjective though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    I have been using the HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset series KHX-H3CL/WR. I use them when playing Fortnite and PUBG mostly. I have a hard time figuring out where people are in the game. I can get a general idea, but I see other players that are able to know exactly where someone is. I'm wondering if it's just the headset. This headset said for PC, but also says it's for consoles. I'm thinking that maybe I should have went for something more designed for PC, such as the HyperX Cloud Revolver.

Thoughts?
    Audio card? Have you tried the windows sound test that plays sound in one ear then the other? Is your audio set to stereo?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Audio card? Have you tried the windows sound test that plays sound in one ear then the other? Is your audio set to stereo?
    These Hyper-X headphones do not have a USB connection by default. You need an adapter. The audio and mic inputs go into the USB adapter and that plugs into any USB slot. Not sure if that uses an audio card or not. There is no special audio adapter on the PC. Just the generic Realtek High Definition Audio. However, because of the USB connection, the Hyper-X doesn't use it. Sound test works as expected and set to stereo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    These Hyper-X headphones do not have a USB connection by default. You need an adapter. The audio and mic inputs go into the USB adapter and that plugs into any USB slot. Not sure if that uses an audio card or not. There is no special audio adapter on the PC. Just the generic Realtek High Definition Audio. However, because of the USB connection, the Hyper-X doesn't use it. Sound test works as expected and set to stereo.
    What are you talking about? What adapter? Just plug it into audio output on your motherboard?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    What are you talking about? What adapter? Just plug it into audio output on your motherboard?
    Right I could do that. I have desktop speakers plugged into the Realtek High Definition Audio. Realtek High Definition Audio is directly on the motherboard. So, while I can plug-in the headset to that, then I can't switch back and forth easily. So to get around this, I got a USB adapter.