Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    The undertuning is probably due to Argus coming out much before the raid. If Argus and the raid came out at the same time the tuning would probably be right.

As a super casual who only killed heroic KJ a month before new raid came out, i am finding it to be very, very undertuned on NORMAL, but cannot speak for heroic, as we have only done 2 raids so far.

Got to the 10th boss lastnight, with only 15 minutes left in the raid we decided to just blind pull for schnits n giggles. only 2 players had ever done the fight. Got to 15%. Very confused, we decided to save it for sunday.

I should say this again, we are a VERY casual raid team. We have fixed raid nights, and have 9 fixed regulars and a group of 5-6 of whom we usually have 2-3 each raid. Players often offline for 2-4 days at a time without logging in at all, etc.

based on previous raids, we would normally be about 6 bosses through normal, maybe 7 at the most, after just 2 raids. Maybe there will be a decent jump up for heroic, which is what we should be raiding based on our gear lvls.

my opinion, for what it is worth, is that normal is a bit on the easy side, however we do overgear it. This is pretty well balanced out by the fact we underskill it though

Even our guild who are casual to semi hardcore, have found it easy. However we talked about it and came to the conclusion that the KJ fight and all the mechanics and discipline needed for that has made doing the same in Antorus a lot easier. It could still be ramped up a notch or two though...
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    my opinion, for what it is worth, is that normal is a bit on the easy side, however we do overgear it.
    Normal should be easy. It's literally for the friend & family guilds and "drunken fun nights". Otherwise there would be no difference between normal and heroic. Normal should be a place where you don't have to bench people because they underperform and don't min max.

But yeah, the amount of free 930+ gear floating around pre Antorus made it so even casuals are overgeared for it on day one. Everyone could do +9 before the patch (due to no 3rd affix) and grab their 930 freebie from the weekly chest. Everyone could kill greater invasion bosses. That's the silly part, you'll go to a fresh instance and shard half the gear.

Coven is a fucking nightmare to pug now i can tell you that

it is not
    the other raids have the "oh so infamous" 1 player doesnt do x, raid wipes.
    This is not fun, even hardcore mythic raiders hate this design.

Heroic KJ was pretty tough for a heroic boss. I mean my guild was 10/10M going into it and we took quite a while to kill heroic KJ. I honestly believe the first 3 in mythic were easier than heroic KJ