Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroic Coven Add Health Stealth Buffed?

Compared to our 2 pulls after clearing 8/11H on Wednesday to last night, same # of players in the raid.

Aman'thul - 67m to 173m = 158% more hp
    Khaz'goroth - 24m to 62m = 158% more hp
    Golganneth - 26m to 161m = 519% more hp

If you have 2-3 DPS dead it's basically unkillable, especially the healing adds. We managed to do 2-2 Amanthul with Lust and pots but the next set we had nothing and 1-1-1-1 was too much damage to heal through.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking into it more, the kills I can find after 5pm EST yesterday were basically burning the boss below 20% and ignoring adds. If they got Aman'thul below 20% or more than once it would be a wipe.

Heroic Coven has no enrage timer. Your DPS is secondary to doing mechanics and staying alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Heroic Coven has no enrage timer. Your DPS is secondary to doing mechanics and staying alive.
    Well in case of Aman'thul adds it's pretty important to have high dps as you need to be able to kill adds fast or the damage ramps up to unhealable levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Coven of Shivarra
    Corrected an issue that caused the health of Torments to not properly scale with raid size.

Does this mean last night was the hotfixed amount and will be going forward or that last night was overscaled?

- - - Updated - - -

Based on this, I'm going to say the "fix" was to set the Hp to what we saw last night, which is insane. The fight is already crazy overtuned for heroic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its not a stealth fix

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallX View Post
    Compared to our 2 pulls after clearing 8/11H on Wednesday to last night, same # of players in the raid.

Aman'thul - 67m to 173m = 158% more hp
    Khaz'goroth - 24m to 62m = 158% more hp
    Golganneth - 26m to 161m = 519% more hp

If you have 2-3 DPS dead it's basically unkillable, especially the healing adds. We managed to do 2-2 Amanthul with Lust and pots but the next set we had nothing and 1-1-1-1 was too much damage to heal through.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking into it more, the kills I can find after 5pm EST yesterday were basically burning the boss below 20% and ignoring adds. If they got Aman'thul below 20% or more than once it would be a wipe.
    The hotfixes clearly say: "Corrected an issue that caused the health of Torments to not properly scale with raid size."

Besides, I ran it on Monday and the adds already had 170M HP or so (I think my group had about 26 people).

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    The hotfixes clearly say: "Corrected an issue that caused the health of Torments to not properly scale with raid size."

Besides, I ran it on Monday and the adds already had 170M HP or so (I think my group had about 26 people).
    I was assuming they meant they had overtuned the scaling and had dialed it back to reasonable levels.. This fight is insane now.

I can't wait for the tears tonight when guilds that killed it early last week go back into it.

Deleted
    I did Antorus in first day, this is last day when you can do it on EU before reset, looks like everything is buffed on normal and heroic, not so easy how it was.

I was assuming they meant they had overtuned the scaling and had dialed it back to reasonable levels.. This fight is insane now.

I can't wait for the tears tonight when guilds that killed it early last week go back into it.
    Yeah my guild BARELY got it down last night. We had Coven at ~15% and got Golganeth (lightning adds) and chose to just burn down the bosses after wasting 2 hours on it.

Legit, this fight is ridiculously overtuned on the adds, compared to how easy the other 10 bosses are.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yeah my guild BARELY got it down last night. We had Coven at ~15% and got Golganeth (lightning adds) and chose to just burn down the bosses after wasting 2 hours on it.

Legit, this fight is ridiculously overtuned on the adds, compared to how easy the other 10 bosses are.
    It’s not overtuned. It’s still just as difficult as it was before, maybe a bit more difficult.

Not sure why you expect all fights to be as easy as the first few bosses. First few bosses are always easy. Last few get the difficulty curve.

Expecting to steam roll the entire raid is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It’s not overtuned. It’s still just as difficult as it was before, maybe a bit more difficult.

Not sure why you expect all fights to be as easy as the first few bosses. First few bosses are always easy. Last few get the difficulty curve.

Expecting to steam roll the entire raid is pretty funny.
    adds having double to four times the health isn't "a bit more difficult".

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    adds having double to four times the health isn't "a bit more difficult".
    It was a bug that made them not scale with raid size. How is it wrong for that bug to be fixed? If you have 25 people the adds should act as if you have 25 people, not 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the adds having more health, but based on the fact that they are random in order it changes how this fight looks. Mainly I don't like that because statistical logging on this fight will be all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It was a bug that made them not scale with raid size. How is it wrong for that bug to be fixed? If you have 25 people the adds should act as if you have 25 people, not 12.
    It wasnt just a simple matter of scaling. When we attempted on Monday, our raid of 16 had amanthul adds with like 100m each.

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    It wasnt just a simple matter of scaling. When we attempted on Monday, our raid of 16 had amanthul adds with like 100m each.
    Mmmm yeah it could be a bit much. Gonna see the changes tonight so I’ll see what’s up I guess.

Deleted
    We killed Coven Heroic right now, with 30 players inside they had 209 Million Health. Last week they had something like 70M.

The whole instance was undertuned, heroic has never been this easy, we were able to do our splitruns really easy. Coven being the hardest boss by far, but still pretty easy.

And today what should have been an easy rekill, we ended up with having 4 whipes on it. And only 1 part of the whole encounter is the reason for that. Which are the healing (Aman'thul) adds. It takes a bit for you to kill them and the stacks keep stacking up, and while we are still killing them you have a storm at the same time. Which is very problematic. We decided to just hero and use 4 healing cd's + personals on them.

The fight feels definitely out of place with the current easy tuning of heroic. The boss is way harder than anything else in heroic.

It wasn't scaling at all before. They had the same health for 10 and 30 people. I did it with 30 last week, the only reason we wiped at all was people being idiots at Norgannon. None of the others were any threat since they died in seconds.

Deleted
    Great they made the worst fight in there even more shitty.

Oh a storm is coming in together with an Aman'thuls torment? Your melee cannot kill their assigned adds? Guess it is a wipe completety outside your control.

Fuck this Tomb-esque shit show cancer fight.