Internet doesn't work after restarting PC?

This is something new that started to happen this morning. When I turned my PC on, I had no connection to the internet, but my modem was turned on and looked to be normal. I then went to my network device and did the "repair" option and it repaired something then gave me a message along the lines "There was not a valid IP address"

Any idea how to fix?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you Windows 10?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

7+ Year Old Account
    Try going to your command line and doing a 'ipconfig /release' and 'ipconfig /renew'.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Are you Windows 10?
    Yes I am on Windows 10

I have experienced total loss of internet on a couple computers if I touch the multi card reader port. I put a memory card in the slot and the internet does not work. I pull it out and it does not work. I put the sheet of plastic that acts like a guard on the port and the internet works. I learned to just leave that port alone. That's all I know from my experience.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Restart your router....

I am facing the same issue, my intenet doesn't work for 2-5 minutes whenever I restart my laptop or even after its sleeping for a while. I am on windows 8.

I ran into this problem before after I installed a new CPU or some other similar tinkering with my PC and fixed it by doing something with reinstalling windows or something similar (Like there was an option that you could do an install to fix things and keep your data in tact)

Sometimes, your ethernet or wifi driver is outdated, you need to update them and check if the problem is gone.