Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

[Megathread] Dark Souls Remaster (Switch,PS4,XB1)

Lots of rumors have been going out over the past year that Dark Souls 1 is getting a remaster. Now this tweet has came out

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/12/...ntendo-switch/
    A rumor has surfaced that suggests the first Dark Souls game is being remastered for the each of the current consoles including the Nintendo Switch.

According to a tweet from Marcus Sellars, an editor and writer for Nintendo Switch Network, news that the game would be remastered is supposedly going to be revealed during a huge event that Bandai Namco is holding on Dec. 15. Sellars has a pinned tweet announcing the event that says “5 unannounced games will be shown off during the event” and that Nintendo would be featured prominently.

I am 100% its getting announced and I am all for it. I just wonder how much of a remaster it will be, Would be cool if its remastered under the bloodborn engine.

Will provide a trailer when it comes out. Dark Souls on the Switch would be cool as hell and I would be happy to have all 3 games on one platform.

(Pray's for a Demon's Souls remaster for PS4).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-11 at 04:56 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. WIll wait and see. Expect some good announcements tomorrow BTW.

It would be nice but i doubt it. Fromsoftware has been doing stuff all week hinting very very strongly at Armoured Core 6 being revealed at the Playstation even on friday and they confirmed they are working on 3 games. An armoured core, a dark fantasy thats not a souls game and a new ip. Dark Souls is a beloved game but its second half is a fucking mess that requires a total rework, not just better models. Izalith is full of standing still dragon asses because they literally ran out of time and couldn't finish the zone. Bed of Chaos is objective trash for the same reason.

Its probably just a case of demon's shutting its servers down and folks getting that remaster/rerelease itch again like they often do when this happens. Unless there actually is a lot of buzz but i've not heard anything at all. Yet they had a livestream just the other day for armoured core telling everyone to get the new PS4 theme and get ready for friday.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Interesting. WIll wait and see. Expect some good announcements tomorrow BTW.
    Well bandai's event isn't until next week, but between tomorrow and PSX this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something.

I highly expect if there is a Dark Souls or Demon Souls remaster coming to PS4 we will hear about it Saturday. Ill personally be happy with ether to be honest.

I had a manger at a Gamestop tell me nearly a year ago they was working on the DS Remaster. But I do hold what anyone at Gamestop says with a grain of salt.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well bandai's event isn't until next week, but between tomorrow and PSX this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something.

I highly expect if there is a Dark Souls or Demon Souls remaster coming to PS4 we will hear about it Saturday. Ill personally be happy with ether to be honest.

I had a manger at a Gamestop tell me nearly a year ago they was working on the DS Remaster. But I do hold what anyone at Gamestop says with a grain of salt.
    Tomorrow is the game awards. Expect some info.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It would be nice but i doubt it. Fromsoftware has been doing stuff all week hinting very very strongly at Armoured Core 6 being revealed at the Playstation even on friday and they confirmed they are working on 3 games. An armoured core, a dark fantasy thats not a souls game and a new ip. Dark Souls is a beloved game but its second half is a fucking mess that requires a total rework, not just better models. Izalith is full of standing still dragon asses because they literally ran out of time and couldn't finish the zone. Bed of Chaos is objective trash for the same reason.

Its probably just a case of demon's shutting its servers down and folks getting that remaster/rerelease itch again like they often do when this happens. Unless there actually is a lot of buzz but i've not heard anything at all. Yet they had a livestream just the other day for armoured core telling everyone to get the new PS4 theme and get ready for friday.
    Who knows I guess we will find out on the 15th, personally I feel its going to happen. There has been lots of rumors for the past year of DS on The Switch and a DS remaster.

If Dark Souls is coming to The Switch then the remaster is coming. FromSoftware was also on Nintendo's list of company's supporting the Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I know, There will be bits tomorrow. But I expect the juicy stuff to be Saturday.

Still dreading those awards personally. I'll be watching but if any of the Early Access/Beta games win I most certainly won't be anymore.

On topic though good. Wanted to play Dark Souls and it means I can have all 3 on one system now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Still dreading those awards personally. I'll be watching but if any of the Early Access/Beta games win I most certainly won't be anymore.

On topic though good. Wanted to play Dark Souls and it means I can have all 3 on one system now.
    you can say PUBG

you can say PUBG
    And Fortnite......

It just annoys me a little those 2 made it. And for multiple awards no less.

But enough of my rants. It's way off topic.

Again I'm highly looking forward to getting this on PS4. Played 2 and 3 but people keep telling me the first one and Demon Souls are hard as hell and that I should try them.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-06 at 10:08 PM.

And Fortnite......

Again I'm highly looking forward to getting this on PS4. Played 2 and 3 but people keep telling me the first one and Demon Souls are hard as hell and that I should try them.
    Ya I would love to own all the games on one platform

And Fortnite......

Nooooo Demon's is super easy by todays standards. At the time it stood out because difficulty in games reached an all time low and stuff like "metal ball rolling down stairs that WILL kill you but it only happens once" stuff was right out of NES games and felt like a breath of fresh air that brought difficulty back to videogames. Go back now though and its super easy. What keeps it beloved is its music, world and bosses.
    Unlike Dark Souls which is a 'after the party ended' experience where you walk through ruins of conflicts Demon's is as the world ends. A lone kingdom called Boletaria gets swallowed by deep fog and inside the fog men slowly go mad -not undead just simply mad- and demons spawn out of thin air. You play one of a group of adventurers heading in to stop it at its source as the fog is spreading and will swallow the world. Dark Souls is stopping the last embers of life itself burning out, Demon's like Bloodborne is stopping the Apocalypse as its happening to begin with.

Also interesting because most of the demon bosses are in fact people. The first boss for example 'Phalanx' was one of the Kings prized knights who was really a coward who used her troops like living shields so in demon form shes a huge, amorphous blob that uses small demons as a suit fo armour. Take them all out and with nothing to attack she just slowly slimes away from you in fear. Each one is some representation of a personal sin that manifested over them. Compared to Dark Souls which is tougher even by todays standards but a lot of its bosses pre anor londo are just "fuckin' i dunno. some kind of monster? gargoyles? yeah gargoyles" and have no meaning beyond 'this is a monster'.

Demon's has aged badly in a lot of areas but that world and all its experiences stands out even compared to Bloodborne. Its a shame when the servers die some of those elements like the boss thats just a summoned in other player will be gone in 2 months time.

Demon's has aged badly in a lot of areas but that world and all its experiences stands out even compared to Bloodborne. Its a shame when the servers die some of those elements like the boss thats just a summoned in other player will be gone in 2 months time.
    This is why there is a 900% chance we will get a Demon Souls remaster.....

/prays

But really I don't find that likely but I do think Ds1 remaster is happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is true then I guess I'm going to own 6 copies of DS1.

I don't see DES getting a remaster unless they're going to introduce new servers for it.

I'm delaying going through Stormblood in order to enjoy DES again before it finally dies.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    If this is true then I guess I'm going to own 6 copies of DS1.

I don't see DES getting a remaster unless they're going to introduce new servers for it.

I'm delaying going through Stormblood in order to enjoy DES again before it finally dies.
    dont forget to idle in Latria so you get summoned to be the old monk boss.

Just what we need, more souls milking. Yawn.

Here I was thinking the Remaster(I mean rehash) of Dark Souls 1 already existed and was called Dark Souls 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Just what we need, more souls milking. Yawn.

Here I was thinking the Remaster(I mean rehash) of Dark Souls 1 already existed and was called Dark Souls 3.
    DS3 LUL Poise LUL.
    "DS3 is a rehash of DS1" - Giantsdad casul.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

As the Nintendo fanboy I am, I held off on posting this to the Switch thread, since there was only one guy posting about this. You'd figure big Japanese gaming focused sites would pick up on this as well.

We did get this tweet saying "I've no comment" from Katushiro Harada when asked about the event.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/st...07576306544640

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no way I'd buy it on swatch

10+ Year Old Account
    Would rather see a Demon's Souls remaster with a rework of how the online systems work.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont forget to idle in Latria so you get summoned to be the old monk boss.
    I won't hold my breath

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Would rather see a Demon's Souls remaster with a rework of how the online systems work.
    Agreed, that may just be happening since the servers are finally going offline and we might be getting new severs for a remaster.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset