Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Tavern Brawl NEVER EVER yield expansion cards..
    The few times I did Arena, I got classic cards every time.. Can't say if they can randomly give you expansion cards, but it's not common practice.
    Promotion is, well, promotional..
    Dailies yield gold.. Gold can only be used to buy one pack at a time, i.e. no discount, like real money... For 100G each.. That's pretty expensive..

In a year, I played daily.. I payed for adventures, e.g. Naxx, with gold, and at the end of the year, I had 2500G and 2000 dust (dusting every excess card, after the 2nd and all golden).
    Tell me, how playing daily, can give you good cards, without shelling loads of money..
    Daily = Gold = Arena/Packs (I prefer Arena since it's a pack and if you win a few times, you often get your other 50 gold back)

There have been times where Tavern Brawl gave expansion packs, but indeed not always. (still yields dust)

I did arena today like twice, and both gave kobold packs. And few weeks before that Frozen Throne.

Of course again I never said it's really able to be ladder competitive and have a lot of legendaries for free. But the game is still playable.

I don't play ladder, and I can't remember how I ended up with like 3000 dust but I used that to make at least some common cards for quests.

If you want a huge collection of course you gotta invest, which I don't either, I just play for fun as I don't like the idea of cards phasing out.

Dungeon run got me back into the game but after getting it done on all 9, it basicly stops, even while it's of course replayable.

Arena is the next best thing as it's not dependant on personal collection. Even if you end up bad luck, and lose 3 times I feel I get more fun out of it then straight up buying packs.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-19 at 04:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    If you want 1 of each classes deck for both wild and standard (18 decks), it's simply impossible to keep up with the game for a casual player, without spending IRL money.

But of course Blizzard won't change the system, cause they make money this way.
    The fallacy is in thinking that you need one Standard and one Wild deck for each class to play this game. That's simply bullshit, for one very simple reason - not every class has a competitive Standard or Wild deck available at a given point in the meta.

Let's look at my current set-up, as an example. I have an extremely comfortable collection because I'm not afraid to ruthlessly prune Goldens, Wilds I'll never use again or simply shit Standard cards in order to craft the good stuff. I have a full complement of 18 decks with competitors for both Standard AND Wild, as well as some fun ones, and yet I have multiple decks for particular classes and no decks for others, meaning there's cross-over in cards between decks (rather than 18 completely unique decks):

STANDARD:
    Taunt Warrior (fun)
    C'thun Warrior (fun)
    Togwoggle Warrior (fun)
    CTA Pally (ladder)
    Exodia Pally (fun)
    Yogg Druid (fun)
    Zoolock (ladder)
    Control Lock (ladder)
    Big Priest (ladder)
    Big Spell Mage (ladder)
    Tempo Mage (ladder)
    Elemental DK Mage (fun)
    Spell Hunter (ladder)
    Tempo Rogue (ladder)

WILD:
    Renounce (fun)
    Mill Rogue (ladder)
    Dragon Reno Priest (ladder)
    Mech Mage (fun)

Are you seeing the theme here? I have a whole bunch of Mage decks for the ladder AND for fun, which will share cards. My Tempo decks share cards. My Aggro decks share cards. I don't run Shaman at ALL currently. All three of my Warrior decks are funsies, as is my one Druid deck.

And looking at that list, can you see how many legendaries from the new expac I have garnered so far? I'll give you a hint - it's three. And only Rhok'delar was a necessity. Aluneth was my free one, but not even needed really, and motherfucker I crafted Togwoggle.

I have not paid money on this game since beta. Every expac I save about 5-6k gold and then go from there. Most of my cards come from not being a fucking sentimental idiot, and actually using the crafting system

The only excuse for not being able to play what you want is laziness and shortsightedness.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    They do, 3 weeks before the last 2 expansions launched they have yielded packs for that upcoming expansion.

Heroic Tavern Brawl can also yield golden Legendaries from standard sets and packs from the latest expansion.
    I have never received any non-classic cards from a Brawl
    Heroic Brawl costs A LOT of money, which kinda underline my point that you need to pay to play..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I have never received any non-classic cards from a Brawl
    Heroic Brawl costs A LOT of money, which kinda underline my point that you need to pay to play..
    I don't really know what to say to this. If you haven't received any non classic packs from brawls then by your own admission you are not playing the game at the moment so it kind of makes your points redundant. And you don't need to pay for heroic brawls you can use gold, although personally I don't do them as the gold cost is high and too much risk for me, I'd rather save it for packs.