Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Were you the favourite child growing up?

i would say no for myself , i grew up with a brother and i would say he was maybe preferred to myself.

I didn't really notice and it wasn't till adulthood that people who knew my family growing up would point out that I was the black sheep
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, and i grew up a only child.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I can't tell. I do believe that parents will prefer their first child most of the time, simply because of the first time experience which makes it a much more special moment for them. I'm the youngest of the family but my brother got into more trouble and left the house a lot earlier, but still its hard to tell and my parents probably won't give a real answer.

my sister and brother were the loved ones. I was the hated one...

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being in a poor family, there were too many other more important things to worry about, than such nonsense. Too busy working on farms trying to make money so we could eat. We all had to pitch in and contribute. Do not remember anyone getting special treatment. Hunger can do that.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Kinda, I am the one with the most education. Plus I've given a grandchild. I mean my sister has two, but she doesn't have the degrees. Half brother.... well... He's doing okay I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    i would say no for myself , i grew up with a brother and i would say he was maybe preferred to myself.
    Far from. Really far from.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

First born .. so kinda. My father definitely doted more in my little sister, but my mother doted more on me. Overall I came ahead though, mostly because didn't do as many stupid things in life as my sister, like marrying some loser out of pitty, stumbling from one low tier job to the next, etc.

No, my brother was quiet, well behaved, studied and a model son. I was the rebellious son through my child hood and teens. My mother would worry about me, my father would be my typical father - son enemy. We're on even par now we're adults. I'm super close to my brother and my parents now and we laugh about my childhood years.

It wasn't apparent to me at the time, but looking back as an adult I think I was.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I'm the eldest of 5 (2 girls, 3 boys) and my parents absolutely prefer child 2 and child 4 to us other 3. Too much to go into but my parents are awful people. Myself and my other 2 brothers they don't prefer, have much better lives than our siblings they like more. I put it down to us being treated dreadfully, moving away and not staying in the town where we grew up and they still live. It's quite nice now, I can pick and choose when to see them, every month or so. Leaving also gave me the courage to stand-up to them and tell them how awful they treated us.

TLDR - I love my parents but they are incredibly sucky people. Yes, they had 2 favourite kids that they preferred over us other 3 kids.

It depends really? My father favored my brother over myself where as my mother favored me over him. For instance my brother did archery and the like with our dad where as i loved to garden with my mother. It was never a situation that one was ignored for the other its just that each used their own interests and hobbies to influence us in a different light. Hell to this day i still grow a nice sized garden and while i hunt with my brother alot in the fall he is full on into it. We will take a vacation and do some local hunting during the fall where as he will go out of town numerous times to do so. Plus it helps that he is free to come into my yard and just take whatever food he needs assuming he loads up my freezer with some meat

I was the black sheep and still am to this day. Having a favorite or a black sheep in the family is oftentimes a sign of family dysfunction.

Nope. I was always the one they picked on. I could do nothing right. So in the end. I try to have as little to do with them as possible. I can tolerate my brothers and sisters. But my parents as far as I am concerned are not people who i would mourn if they die. My parents always wonder why I don't come around. I don't know. Maybe making my life hell for a kid mentally abusing me for 20 years or so might mean I don't really want to interact with you much? Anyways. I have a soft spot for good parents. I have seen good parents. And my parents were definitely not good. Especially my mom. I hate her to the bottom of my soul.
    Last edited by Wermys; 2019-08-13 at 04:49 AM.

A bit for my mum, certainly not for my father and grandma.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    No. The youngest is almost always the favorite, and my family was no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I don't think so, but I have been accused of it from one of my siblings.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    There was a bit of an age gap (about 10 years) between my older brother and younger sister. So there was one point where she was the baby while my brother and I required less attention than she did because we were older and in school. Although that's pretty normal and reasonable and not something I'd call favoritism.

I don't recall any point where there seemed to be a "favorite" among us.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-08-13 at 01:32 PM.

not hated or favorite
    i'd say i was the ignored one
    then again i'm autistic asparagus so already naturally leaning towards isolation back then

personally i found it worse then being hated.