Thread: Void Reaver

Void Reaver

For Melee in Void Reaver fight its best to stay at max melee distance and 1 sec before ponding just make few steps back and you can avoid it completly.
    Rogue CloS can resist pounding dmg.
    poisons dont work on him so use sharpening stones or something liek that.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Void Reaver

we tryed that melee out at 1sec but we kept getting arcane orbs in on melee then ground pound or whatever it is that hits melee and wiping the raid

1.Put some arcane resistance on.
    2.Assigning a healer for each melee group should ease this encounter alot

Quote Originally Posted by Boer
    1.Put some arcane resistance on.
    2.Assigning a healer for each melee group should ease this encounter alot
    No need for AR gear imo, just stay at max range backstep twice 1 second before "Pounding" step in twice DPS. Works like a charm for me, if your off you take 1 maybe 2 ticks. The only time I get orb issues is if a Ranged gets too close or the tanks move a bit out of my spacing window.

Same backstep twice also works with Lurker to avoid the whirl that he does. I'm fairly keen on not taking needless damage and blowing useful mana on me.

Resto shaman chain healing melee group and refreshing WF and str totems FTW

our dps group = 3x rogues DPS war, resto shamy

no problems on reaver... 900-950DPS without running out... calming down on tank transitions...

I have to agree, it's not a complex fight and this shouldn't cause too many deaths for melee.

Just stand on the edge of his melee "hit box" and run backwards to avoid. The Raid healers should be able to pick up some slight damage you might take, but there's shouldn't be so much to warrant a Resto Shaman in you're group.

Good luck and try again.

What's even easier is this strat if your guild has a 'good' ret paladin, we have one and he consistantly pumps out about 800 dps and where is what we do. One of our palidins with the T4 set bonus will Judge Light and our rat paladin will just keep it up the entire time. Now if your entire melee team is made of rogues or fury warriors then it shouldn't be an issue of keeping them alive.

The improved light will heal for roughly 300 health per melee swing, most rogues hit with their MH in a hit rotation at about once per 1.5 sec and offhand at .8 sec. Over the 12 second period of the pound cooldown this translates into a self healing value of 6900 over 12 seconds or 575hps keep in mind that this value can change based on how that melee class is geared and speced, this works best for sword rogues because of sword spec procs.

This also works semi well to keep up the offtanks too, the tanks will normaly hit 1.3 times per second to heal 2769 health over 12 seconds or 230hps (counting specials 1.5sec gcd and 1.6 speed sword).

Overall when the larger picture is looked at having light up heals for ALOT over a fight that is 8-9minutes long.. So don't under estimate the use of the spell trust me it can make incomming AOE alot less painfull from bosses and give your healers some more slack if your guild does not have a resto shaman.

If your guild for some strange reason is having problems with Gruul do this and you guys should be golden and no melee should be going down because of not getting healed after a shatter or some cave in damage.

Sorry i made a slight mistake in ym math for the ammount of health healed with the T4 set bonus to light and a little know bug that was suposobly makign it heal for more than intended. Reguardless in the end it's still alot of healing that is being done.

what is the req gear for ppl to do this dude? kara epics?
    comma splice = WIN

Kara through Gruul epics. It is a very easy fight. But I still don't agree with blizzards decision on taking the attunement out.

My guild just leaves the melee in the whole fight and just heals through the poundings. This really shouldn't be an issue since the melee are the only ones that should be taking damage. Ranged should be able to dodge the orbs.

hi guys

i have a question and i hope you can help me

we did the eye yesterday the first time to kill this monster robot so far so good we did a good job on the first few trashies until we reached his room an this anyoing deamons with the saw´s the killed us a bunch of time . we tried everything we could to kill them but on whipe after the other follows on this guys.
    so it would be very glad when someone could give me some hints help or ideas how to kill these guys without losing 10 - 15 ppl on the first one. maybe there is a guide how to kill the trashies infront of him, any link would be great !!!!!

banish them and sheep the BE Kill the Robots first...
    Thats all!

well but they dont disapear after killing the robot so they are still there and THATS the problem how can these be killed fast and easy without too many lost ppl?

we banished them and sheeped the guy to kill the robot and then we had no idea how to stay alive and kill these freaks.

i heard these are maybe the worst trashies in BC inis

just kill them one by one they die easy. Stay at max range it may help u not get hit by a saw.

Just have your 3 tanks that you brought for VR do a Taunt rotation and just use it every cooldown to keep them faced away from the raid. Other than that justtake your time on these pulls and i mean that, don't rush them. If people are low on health give everyone about 30 seconds to recover till the next is poped.. lol yeah slow and steady wins the race here for the trash at least.