Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Wanna Raid and have a Life?

You can tell I haven't done this too often cause I keep forgetting information that is relavent, I'm an Alliance player as well.

Well as a hardcore raider for 2+ years since i first learned what a raid was, and formed my first MC raid, i have been raiding 5 nights a week with 20 man's on the offnights, and back in the day this meant any and all world spawns as well

not as hardcore as EQ granted, but i mean there was many a night where we get done raiding at 2am my time and go kill a few dragons, drag my tired ass to bed at 4am, only to do it again the next night lol.

I live in the midwest of united states, i currently play on aerie peak, a EST guild i think and we raid 7:30pm my time till 12:30am 5 nights a week, we do khara, naxx or aq40 on the weekends for fun.

We arent into hyjal or BT yet, but we are nearing the end of TK and SSC.

After awhile raiding becomes like a job, i work i own a computer repair/service company, and so when i am not building up business and advertising, or talking to clients, fixing computers, i play a lot of wow, in my off time, which is becoming less and less nowadays

wow definetly doesn't allow you to have a RL, even if you do, wow consumes your thoughts and you end up speaking wow talk and slang wherever you go, its like a whole different world, it gets into your whole being and i find that its hard to sit and not talk about wow in some form or another, maybe i am just to far gone on the addiction of wow is but meh

If playing a main lvl 70 wasnt bad, alts are what eat me alive for time, always lvling new alts and professions and lvling, and pvping...its endless...purely endless...but fun!

later

Deleted

Let me show you my week schedule:
    Mon - Fri
    8AM-4PM - work
    4PM-6.30PM - life (beer/friends/weed, whatever I want)
    7PM-~1AM Raid
    Sat-Sun - GF - 24h, no exceptions
    With a little effort I can even put 3 Capoeira trainings a week.
    Unfortunately before I got my schedule working I made a lot of mistakes (including failing my exams :P).

I have to agree though. After some time Raid = work

Quote Originally Posted by Legionn
    Let me just add that I'm a Protection Spec'd Warrior on a PVP server. If I'm not mistaken I can only transfer to other PVP servers, which I'd be more than willing to do if I found what I was looking for.
    you can transfer to PvE servers aswell, but you won't be able to transfer from PvE server -> PvP server

I think it has to do more with how well your guild/raids do. Like how well you focus on your goals as a team and whatnot. The end-game isn't much of a timesink if you have a good core people to succeed with.

We only raid 4 days a week about 4 hours a day. Sunday,Monday,Tuesday and Thursday. We downed Illidan about a week ago and everyone is very content. With only 4 days of raiding, we get a lot of IRL time with friends and family.
    I see a lot of hardcore guilds out there raiding 5 or 6 days a week and struggle. So I think it's really dependent on your guild.

To be honnest, the best thing you can do is NOT raid at all, just get 10 games in arena, farm a bit maybe, then log off, that's the best way of playing WoW.

You may as well quit the game and not pay $15 a month if thats your philosophy... I think most people that are addicted are this way because there is an interaction with other people. If you were playing this game by yourself, do you really think you would make it to 70? And once you hit 70, do you think you would keep playing for another year? Doubt it.

I played Diablo 2 when it came out, I got to the third stage and quit. Then 3 months later I came back and finished it... Apart from playing it randomly on new characters lvl 1-10 I havent played this since.

Well as a hardcore raider for 2+ years since i first learned what a raid was, and formed my first MC raid, i have been raiding 5 nights a week with 20 man's on the offnights, and back in the day this meant any and all world spawns as well

not as hardcore as EQ granted, but i mean there was many a night where we get done raiding at 2am my time and go kill a few dragons, drag my tired ass to bed at 4am, only to do it again the next night lol.
    sounds a fun routine.
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

for me raiding 5 days a week from ~19.00 to 23.00 (roughly) is the same as watching tv each evening....also there is only bullshit on tv during the week...so raiding is much more fun then hanging around somewhere getting bored and falling asleep at 21....
    and atm we are down to 3 (maybe a 4. day for t4shit and worldbosses) days raid a week (bt/hyal/ssc/tk)

so there is a lot of space for rl...even in a 5 day raid week

but that's just my point of view :->
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/pv.php?l=Kuschimon
    http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/9426/

IMO it's not really possible to PROGRESS and have a life. It may be possible to raid farmed content 2-3 days a week, but don't expect to get Illidan down with the casual attitude.

Either way I wish you and your guild luck.

Yop you really cant It takes lots of hours to make some EQ and another for good EQ...PvP is neraly the same but you can do it anytime not only from 19:00-05:00 :-\
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)