2.2 Patch release date : When it's done !

There was a post about it on the forums, so I guess it might interest a few people.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Intent here is: Ship v 2.2.0 with Voice Chat enabled.

Prerequisite for that to happen: successful testing for a substantial period on PTR.

Plans can sometimes change when things happen, but that is our plan at this time of writing. As you know the voice chat feature is not enabled on PTR yet, there is still a level of internal testing and debugging going on that we really need to complete before activating it on PTR.

[url=http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=442902613&pageNo=1&sid=1#8]Source
    It seems that we won't get the patch until a few more weeks.

Re: 2.2 Patch release date : When it's done !

Awesome, I guess I'll renew my account about the same time 2.2 ships off. :]

are blizzard in any way planning for this to take over guild vents for raiding etc?

or are they just implementing it to add a new dimension to pvp and 5 man gameplay?
    i needz to get myself a sig

My guess is that it will be a feature to take over Vent and Teamspeak. This'll mean TS & Vent will lose out on alot of cash but it will give Blizzard brownie points from Raiders who have to pay fto keep TS/Vent up and running.

Can't wait until the patch ^^

And btw I will surely(!) wait another month for this patch if VoIP works perfectly at release. That is something worth the time.

All in game voice chat will add is for PUG's to better communicate any respectable guild will still happily pay the fee for there vent servers because 1. There secure from blizzards prying ears 2. It will prolly cause less lag for them while raiding. Who knows on that thou havent tested it out yet =P but all in all i think good gesture but anyone who needs to Talk ingame can already do so by some other means i say be more productive do something we dont already have or fix the bugs that we have had forever

works perfectly at release
    were talking about blizzard here, are you jokeing?

Quote Originally Posted by gore
    works perfectly at release
    were talking about blizzard here, are you jokeing?
    I guess I'm just optimistic :/
    And still, if Blizz say that something will be done then apperantly it will be done, no matter the time. That's why we love 'em so much.
    @ Jess:
    1. There is no possible way that Blizz can have 5k ppl to listen/record the terabyte-per-day audio files. Even if they wanted.
    2. Less lag for connecting to the server your playing on rather a different server hosted by some uknown company that has ONE popular program? ok..
    And, Blizz already posted a thousand Blue posts the last month about your privacy in this new VoIP universe. I personaly can't wait for it.

EDIT: post sounded a bit flamable, no intentions for that. :]

yerp if it works well should be great, i see the uses working rele well for pug's and pvp, its the people it wont work well with. Peopel rarely listen while typing, im hopeing they will when u actualy speak to them.

I guess it would help if people used the PTR correctly to test new content and help Blizz out through feedback rather then dueling all day..

But that would be their fault for dropping premades in there >< but I believe that was actually to test Tier 6 tweaks and stats against eachother.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

i think the idea of the premades was to make it so finaly horde can repeatedly gank alliance tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by JD-Jessabella
    All in game voice chat will add is for PUG's to better communicate any respectable guild will still happily pay the fee for there vent servers because 1. There secure from blizzards prying ears
    lol, because all guilds do is discuss how to exploit WoW in vent, right? :

I agree with the "there's just no way Blizz can monitor a voice system they run thing"
    And I agree it will make the game lagg less than using other programs (Vent/TS)
    I doubt that it will be buggless, it's blizzblizz...
    My only question is, since it'll be under Blizz term of use, will someone be able to report you if you curse heavily at them? (might sound silly, but I'm sure the issue will come up, or try to at least)
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)