Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Wrath of the Lich King : Final confirmation

Ama: I wasn't trying to insult you / your intelligence or attack you in any way. Certainly I enjoy the site and the news posted here but going as far as calling Boub. an idol of mine is quite off, sure he runs a great site and post interesting news on it but I save the idol seats for people I actually know :P

I was simply agreeing with the news posted, I believed Northred was going to be the upcomming patch and, when the 'evidence' was presented for it, that the name was going to be "Wrath of the Litch King".

I do not belive Boub. would have posted totally inaccurate news with no grounds what so ever since that would, certainly, harm his credibility in future news, he did aswell (as far as I remember) write in the news that this was not 100% confirmed news and for everyone to belive or not to belive.

Best of wishes.
    Mantisen.
    70 Dranei Shaman - Grim Batol (EU - Engrish!)

Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    "Sorry, didn't meant to question your idol authority, it's kinda just happened."

Lol, Boubouille's your idol too, don't pretend (and don't be jealous if he has better sources than yours mwahahaha)
    ermm... take your time, find all my 12 post over last couple days here.. being a little selfcriticizing, I can hardly call that kind of forum behaviour - worship like. but obviously you can think whatever you want.

It was humour... obviously... sheesh you need to relax...

Little question, if you crtisize all the time, mean you don't like it right? then why do you bother visiting? (just a thought)

We're all friends here really...

Boubouille: GJ finding those news :-) Makes my days better at work :-p (et ca me permet de rester connecté à WoW vu que je n'ai plus bcp de temps pr jouer autant que je voudrait, ce qui d'apres ce que j'ai compris est ton cas aussi...)
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ama
    ermm... take your time, find all my 12 post over last couple days here.. being a little selfcriticizing, I can hardly call that kind of forum behaviour - worship like. but obviously you can think whatever you want.
    Good for you that Northrend is cold, you might find a chill pill up there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisen
    I do not belive Boub. would have posted totally inaccurate news with no grounds...
    tbh, my exact thought was "if you don't want to give up your source, don't expect everyone to believe you", sorry that I expressed it in kinda evil / sarcastic way.

I don't know, maybe Boubou saw that forbidden 'wrath' folder, and some naaru immediately /w him - It's "Wrath of the Lich King", go build an ark.. err, anyway, while I agree there is that 'wrath' folder, "wrath of the lich king" was just one of many possibilities. Only now, when tm is registered, I give up. Almost. Considering last year, blizz knew what to expect, so I won't be surprised at all, if this folder was setup to give us a hint, then leaked full name on german site, and removed it to make it look more realistic, and finally TMs. I cannot even begin to imagine what kind of reaction will be tomorrow if new expansion name is actually something else.

Blizzard is known to have rather exelent marketing practices, leaking is definitly a good way to promote something without spending a lot of money to advertise a product within a already-interested community. That's what leaking is all about, they're happy about it, we're happy about it. Then they usually promote it big time when it's leaked (which nowadays in a community like WoW takes only a few hours max) and show it to the world to make everyone happy and get out-of-the-community people's attention on it :-)

Boubouille running into it, means he knows where to look or has a source of some sort (which in both cases is good news, as it means this site is rather reliable compared to many many other ones). Of course it's always a speculation untill the source company announces it officially (technically).

My YouTube channel - Beta videos & raid videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Myriell
    oh lawl ... dont think they will make the cover look like bc+wc3tft
    plz post things when you know its a fake ...you even can see the map of outland lawl

...leaking is definitly a good way to promote something without spending a lot of money
    Sure, thats why they're spending tons of money on Blizzcon, to promote their products.

I have to admit, leaking and viral marketing is definitely good ways to draw attention, however a lot of people griefing on it, and WoW btw is brightest example. Needless to say that false info leads to frustration, frustration leads to anger,.. do I need to continue?

Anyway, I'm not saying that leak means nothing. I actually believe that first blood elves screenshots and few howling fjord models around 2.1.0 were intentionally leaked, but in first case it was real pictures, and I saw howling fjord files with my own eyes, meantime right now, all we have is few links here and there which provide only text info.

...leaking is definitly a good way to promote something without spending a lot of money
    Sure, thats why they're spending tons of money on Blizzcon, to promote their products.

I have to admit, leaking and viral marketing is definitely good ways to draw attention, however a lot of people griefing on it, and WoW btw is brightest example. Needless to say that false info leads to frustration, frustration leads to anger,.. do I need to continue?

Anyway, I'm not saying that leak means nothing. I actually believe that first blood elves screenshots and few howling fjord models around 2.1.0 were intentionally leaked, but in first case it was real pictures, and I saw howling fjord files with my own eyes, meantime right now, all we have is few links here and there which provide only text info.
    and anger leads to the Dark Side?

if a leak is fake (and on purpose, you do have real leaks that are not controlled), what the company reveals after is usually even better, and people drop their jaws in awe...
    This leak happens too close to BlizzCon to be a fake IMO.
    As for why the spend millions on BlizzCon after saving on Leaking, it's simply because leaking catches the eye, and the release blinds it with amazing beauties

15+ Year Old Account

and anger leads to the Dark Side?

if a leak is fake (and on purpose, you do have real leaks that are not controlled), what the company reveals after is usually even better, and people drop their jaws in awe...
    This leak happens too close to BlizzCon to be a fake IMO.
    As for why the spend millions on BlizzCon after saving on Leaking, it's simply because leaking catches the eye, and the release blinds it with amazing beauties
    Besides, Blizzard wouldn't be banning people for discussing something they intended as viral marketing, infact if anyone has leaked any information my guess is that he's going to be without a job very soon.

Starcraft 2 itself was pretty well kept a secret, up until 12 hours before the release, which again might just be a person seeing the obvious connection between Medusa and Kerrigan and deciding that speculation = truth and as such he have to act the "secret blizzard guy".

This is however different since we now have several official sources telling us that Blizzard have something called "Wrath of the Lich King", you could of course claim that it's all an elaborate scheme to throw us off the scent, but regardless it is STUPID to flat out deny the fact that this is what people have found out.

On another note entirely, anyone noticed just how prominent the Diablo character is on the Blizz Con poster, a red herring, decorative or a sign of a new Diablo incoming?
    Linky:
    http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon07/merchandise.shtml - First box, 'Blizzcon Poster'.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbean
    On another note entirely, anyone noticed just how prominent the Diablo character is on the Blizz Con poster, a red herring, decorative or a sign of a new Diablo incoming?
    Linky:
    http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon07/merchandise.shtml - First box, 'Blizzcon Poster'.
    yeah

http://eu.diablo.com also redirects to blizzcon.

not all that convinced, it could just be there cause Diablo was one of their biggest hit really... We'll see
    I would like to see a new diablo game (maybe kill someone else this time? he's died enough already, no?)

not all that convinced, it could just be there cause Diablo was one of their biggest hit really... We'll see
    I would like to see a new diablo game (maybe kill someone else this time? he's died enough already, no?)
    Oh I'm not saying it does mean there will be a new Diablo game announced, not at all. It's just worth mentioning as a possibility.

Oh I'm not saying it does mean there will be a new Diablo game announced, not at all. It's just worth mentioning as a possibility.
    /agree
    Although I might get beheaded by my gfif i get another Blizz game on top of WoW... She's developped a rather severe hatred for anthing Blizzard... I wonder why....

Blizz will implement diablo in wotkl, he is a new boss!!! thats why he is on the poster.

they will also bring up timetravel so we can have some fun running from zergrushs in sc2

Quote Originally Posted by Equil
    Blizzard will implement Diablo in WotLK, he is a new boss! That's why he is on the poster.

They will also bring up time travel so we can have some fun running from zergrushs in sc2
    I heard some mention of a Viking race in Northrend too, perhaps The Lost Vikings is being updated and merging with WoW? We'll all rush over to Northrend only to find out WoW is now a platform game with 16-bit graphics.

I heard some mention of a Viking race in Northrend too, perhaps The Lost Vikings is being updated and merging with WoW? We'll all rush over to Northrend only to find out WoW is now a platform game with 16-bit graphics.
    And what, excactly is so bad about that?