Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Official site up.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was required to be level 80 so you can use your flying mounts in Northrend. Maybe like an 8k cost for the next level of riding skill?

I don't think we will be seeing any Netherdrakes outside of Outland. The dragons shown in the trailer are most likely normal dragons. I'm sure there will be quests about them espically in the Dragonblight zone, the place where all dragons go to die. Hopefully we can interact with Malygos in some way and no I don't mean kill him.

It is kind of lame that this xpack is newcomer and alt unfriendly. I still think that a great sea expansion would have new races and new zones to level up in. And it will probably have water mounts that can swim on the surface and under the sea ;D

I you read the official site they mention the discovery of two new races. One a different type of dwarf with tribal tatoos or something like that. And the other's a more anient tauren like race.

/cry
    Almost two more hours before I can view the official site.

There might be a level cap for flying too. Can't use flying mount till you hit 80, like you couldn't even get the flying mount till you hit 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Legionn
    I you read the official site they mention the discovery of two new races. One a different type of dwarf with tribal tatoos or something like that. And the other's a more anient tauren like race.
    Perhaps two new Hero-classes?

I agree with someone's statement earlier saying that Blizz will hold off till later for the real juicy pieces. Usually, like last time, alliance had to wait to find out what our new race was. They just might be doing it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Legionn
    There might be a level cap for flying too. Can't use flying mount till you hit 80, like you couldn't even get the flying mount till you hit 70.
    Don't know if they could/would make it level restrictive to summon a type of mount in certain areas. They could easily make a new skill level trainable only at 80 that allows use of those mounts outside Outland, but how much would they dare charge for it? Especially since it would screw those who only trained 225 riding for normal flyers... they'd have to save and blow the (new adjusted) amount for 300 then also whatever outrageous price for 375 just to use a normal flyer there?

My bet would be either freedom to fly (it's a new continent on a new world server so the Azeroth problems won't be there) period, or permanent flight restriction explained as strong arctic winds making flight impossible - although we know there are dragons there and apparently (at work) have seen one flying above in the stuff on the official site... and that could be an argument for a new skill level... you need to learn how to navigate the harsher air above Northrend before you and your mount can handle it.

I totally agree with overneathe.
    I have a mind that blizz will gather up Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms and Northrend in one world server and would allow players to fly between them with 450 riding skill.

on the stream when they were talking about the zones, they also said that dalaran will be the capital city of northrend and that it will be floating.
    you'll be able to access it from the ground and also with your flying mount.
    i guess there will be pretty good chances that we can use our flying mounts there, tho maybe not right away

Quote Originally Posted by f311
    If you look closley when they first get off the boat you see a netherdrake fly above them looks like one anyways, not sure if someone's flying it either :P
    There's also a white drake that someone is riding about a third to half way through.

That looked like a mob (and not mounted by anyone/thing) to me... have to give it another look later at home, when no one might show up over my shoulder.

No new races, get over it please, why do you want more? are our current 10 not enough?

I don't want this to turn into World of Racecraft, we have 32 possible race choices!

Be happy with the new hero classes announced, as they said in the stageshow, more are on the way you'll get to play as all your favorites from Warcraft 3
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Uploaded Trailer To Youtube
    Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uak094tunHA

To save you having to download the video manually.

-Mortifier

;D I was watching this on GIGA.DE And yes. You'll be able to use a Flying Mount in Northrend, Makes sense since Dalaran is a Floating City now.... kinda like Bespin..

So, I've read that bit about Dalaran here twice now... I take it there's nothing in the big purple bubble (except perhaps a vacuum)? The spell they cast moved the city to above Northrend?

Hi, first post here

My intrigue lies especially in the hero class, and in the chance that there might be other similar to Deathknight. I myself rolled a pally way back when and soon grew tired of the oh-I'm-so-fancy type it displayed. Deathknight would be the answer to my prayers

I hope each class will have a hero-class aswell (druids -> Keepers of the Grove?) as there is so much still left in the Warcraft lore that has not yet been integrated into the lore and would indeed make some quite awesome conversions.

I suddenly want myself an undead warlock, since that thing with Sylvanas sounds pretty damn nice.

I personally am going to start at that Fjord-place, due to the fancyabulously jagged buildings and norse'esque setting. I've already struck a deal with a good friend of mine to duo to 80. I just hope I can get a few toons up to 70 before the expansion though.

-Val

PS:
    So, I've read that bit about Dalaran here twice now... I take it there's nothing in the big purple bubble (except perhaps a vacuum)? The spell they cast moved the city to above Northrend?
    I suspect the lore'll describe the magics somewhere along these lines:
    "To strengthen the drained power of Arthas the Lich King, he used dark magics to corrupt and persuade a group of Dalaran wizards to channel a spell to restore the fallen city to it's former glory. Little did the wizards know that the spell that was supposed to be used to transport the city back to the time before the destruction, the city was moved to the continent of Northrend, where the Lich King drains the powers of this magical city."
    Sorry for the sucky story, just felt I should cook something up :-[

PPS:
    *Expanding character customisation options including new hairstyles & dances, the ability to change the hairstyles of existing characters, and new skin color variants.
    I am very pleased >:]

My toughts:
    -Cant use a flying mount in northern. if you read the description it says "can only be used in the outlands." Northern is in azeroth. A new mount can only be some soart of creater to help you travel trough water and snow
    -the death knight is the hero class from the paladin (wich can be understandable from the movie) since death knights are corrupted paladins
    -Maybe there might be 2 kinds of each hero class for each class. for example:

l-Death Knight
    Paladin--
    l-Holy knight

I dont think all paladins will wish to become a death knight, some might want to continue being our healbots.;p
    I guess there can be 2 kinds of hero class for each, a good one and a evil one.

-Cant use a flying mount in northern. if you read the description it says "can only be used in the outlands." Northern is in azeroth. A new mount can only be some soart of creater to help you travel trough water and snow

they said they'd be used in Northrend

And northrend is not in Azeroth TECHNICALLY it'll be in its own instance just like Outland/Quel'Thalas/Azuremyst was.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Okay, folks... here's how it works: Hero classes are not upgrades of existing classes. It's not like Warrior > Death Knight or Paladin > Death Knight. It's a distinct class. You do a questline (that does not involve raiding) and it will unlock the ability to roll a Death Knight (which will start in the 60s or 70s).

Wonder what sort of gear it will start off with.