Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Ashbringer ! Ashbringer ! Ashbringer !

Too bad, was hoping it would be obtainable =(
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Fille
    Ok so I just have to say something... Cuz it kind of blew my mind when I thought of it. (sorry for all the typos incomming) Blizz have stated that there is a new CoT instance comming in the expantion. Maby this instance will be the expedition to Blackrock Spire where commander Mograine went when he found the tainted crystal Ashbringer is made off. (In CoT:Escape from durnholde, if you go to southshore when you are in the instanse you will se Mograine among others making the crystal pure.) And just maby you are able to loot the same crystal and having it remade. As a realy rare questline from Naxx states, the Ashbringer can be remade by Mograine´s second son who is hiding in outlands. Btw have any of you guys seen the Blacksmith hiding in estern terokkar on a very strange place ^^
    imho, next CoT instance will be the battle for Grim Batol, where we'll help Rhonin/Vereesa/Falstad (and Krasus!) free Alexstrasza ..

If we re-craft Ashbringer, it won't be in the past in a CoT instance but for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagonite

Hunters

* A legendary ranged weapon will be available soon. (New 25 Man raid ?)

Definantly NO Legendary hunter weapon...
    Depends if you can throw your swords far enough. ???

lmao imagine a hunter doing a multi shot on a thunderfury uber crits
    "Beware of The 4th Branch of the government."
    "You're better off rich and guilty than poor and innocent."

NOW SHHH HUNTERS!
    Original Retlol.

I couldn't help but notice one thing, all of this talks about the FIRST Northrend dungeon. Why would blizzard make it available to you then? Doesn't make any sense...
    IMO, if players can weild it, it won't be after a long quest including some lvl80 end game content (raiding etc.) to be worthy of the sword.
    Since Tirion Fordring is holding it, you'll probably have to prove him you are the "champion" of the Order of the Silver Hand, then he could pass it on to you, or something along those lines.
    If that is the case there's however an issue: Why would the horde (enemies of the Order of the Silver Hand) be allowed to wield it? I mean a UD warrior??? Hell no! BUT here's the solution: Allies get Ashbringer and Horde get Frostmourne ^.^
    I think the two are about as powerfull, and it would be a nice touch to the game to have different weapons for the two factions. Genius? Dumb? I'll take both :-)

As for CoT, I agree with the posts that says it'll be the events related in "Day of the Dragon", which would make me skip around screaming and kicking with joy.
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Haha did you just imply that Ashbringer and Frostmourne are on par with eachother? Boy are you mistaken..

And Tirion Fordring was known for his compassion for all races btw, doesn't matter who they are because as he said "he's seen orcs as noble as knights and humans as vile as the scourge"
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    Haha did you just imply that Ashbringer and Frostmourne are on par with eachother? Boy are you mistaken..

And Tirion Fordring was known for his compassion for all races btw, doesn't matter who they are because as he said "he's seen orcs as noble as knights and humans as vile as the scourge"
    True, but the forsaken are still undead... And frostmourn if it is weilded by players will not have the power of the Lich king, just the power of the blade itself, therefor it is possible that they are evenly matched. I'm not saying that's what they'll do, but I think it'd be cool if they didn something like that. Technically a pally shouldn't wield Frostmourn, since it's the symbol of the downfall of the order, so bloodknights could, and pallies could get Ashbringer.
    It WOULD be cool, ok, you know it would! one would have some frost dmg (frostmourn) the other fire dmg.
    Besides, there's nothing that suggests that Frostmourn itself (without the Lich King behind it) would be anymore powerfull than Ashbringer, I mean the Ashbringer (the wielder) killed a 1000 undead before he was murdered, that shows some pretty sick power. I don't recall hearing about Arthas killing 1000 soldiers standing alone or almost.

15+ Year Old Account

does anyone consider a legendary wand? or a throwing weapon? or a relic, which e.g. adds an additional spell?

all of those are, based on the slots they match, ranged weapons... ;-)

IMO an legendary wand or relic or w/e would be a waste as you can't really put that much stats into it, it's too insignificant, it has to be a weapon or some other item that can hold big powers (I guess a shield or a book(offhand) could do it). Just look at the stats ur normal gear has, and look at what your wand/relic/whateverelse has, doesn't fit to make it legendary.

15+ Year Old Account

well... there are two legendarys who deservers the tag "legendary".
    - thunderfury (the proc, nerfed to hell and now replaceable with imp. thunderclap)
    - Atiesh (aura for grpmembers, port to karazhan)

sulfuras was infact more an style-item then an good weapon. replaceable kinda quick with asscandy... in a time, where the common meaning of ms-warriors, enhancement-shamans, feral-druids and retri-paladins was... well... not the best.

warglaives of azzinoth... 10 dps more than other epics in BT/MH... one, infact, uber proc with increadible 400 haste... but... then it's the end of story...
    wow.

what i'am imagine of is... well. let's say an relic for shamans. adds nothing than an extra totem called "totem of binding winds" or such.
    every melee attack, spell or heal has an low chance to bind the enemy in a cyclone (or such...), making him unable to move and attack for 5 secs.
    1) LOW chance to proc, not to make it extremely imbalanced. but high enough, so you can see it proccing more than once a month.^^
    2) Works on EVERYTHING. normal mobs, raid-trahs, bosses, PvP, totems (remember e.g. spitfire totem on karathress)
    3) for the part of proccing while healing... well. the target-of-target, or even target's-target-of-target - method would help a much. first hostile target in this row is afflicted then.
    4) OF COURSE an also extremely fcking low dropchance, but in an mid-common-instance. so many people has the chance to get it, but even less people get it in the end.
    5) maybe an bossdrop (or more, like thunderfury), that is for paladins, shamans, druids, and depending on which class starts the questchain (which, of course, is easy to reach the places where it has to be done, but hard to master it), the final reward would be an libram, relic or idol...

THIS would be deserved to reflect the meaning of "legendary".

no "just-10-dps-more-plus-extra-proc"-thing. this is boooooooring like hell.

need more UNIQUE things. not boring things with just a cool skin (hi@warglaives....)

just my 2 cents
    xeb

Legendary Ranged Weapon means bow/gun/xbow/thrown (please not thrown), not Legendary "item that goes in the 'ranged' slot for classes that don't get ranged".

Hunter lewtz!

Quote Originally Posted by Malineros
    Legendary Ranged Weapon means bow/gun/xbow/thrown (please not thrown), not Legendary "item that goes in the 'ranged' slot for classes that don't get ranged".

Hunter lewtz!
    i hope many warriors and rogue will get the legendary range weapon

just so that the hunters feel how its like to see a hunter running around with thunderfury, corrupted ashbringer, ashkandi etc

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria

what i'am imagine of is... well. let's say an relic for shamans. adds nothing than an extra totem called "totem of binding winds" or such.
    every melee attack, spell or heal has an low chance to bind the enemy in a cyclone (or such...), making him unable to move and attack for 5 secs.
    2) Works on EVERYTHING. normal mobs, raid-trahs, bosses, PvP, totems (remember e.g. spitfire totem on karathress)

do you REALLY think in getting an uber item like you describe?
    doenst matter, if it proccs only once a day
    there will be NOTHING unique, that "may" gives your advantages in boss fights
    or works like something imbalanced in pvp.

this never will come out, if only a few people could get it

For those of you trying to compare the Ashbringer and Frostmourne here is some interesting info on them.

Ashbringer:
    Commander Eligor Dawnbringer: Yet you think that recovering Ashbringer will somehow turn the tide of battle? Let me let you in on a little secret, Commander. The power of the Ashbringer came from the man who would wield it... I was there, Commander. I watched him burn legions of undead in righteous fire before he would even unsheathe the blade. Alas, your grasp on history is... lacking.

Frostmourne:
    The Lich King uses this ability to try and corrupt the wielder over time. This has several effects. An individual who wields Frostmourne will not part with it willingly. Over time the person will go from good to neutral and finally to evil. A non-undead evil wielder will then become undead. Finally the sword is able to suck the being's soul into the sword. Frostmourne then retains the memories and skills of its victim. In fact as long as the wielder's original body remains within one mile of Frostmourne, the sword maintains control of the body, and he may not be completely aware that his consciousness has shifted to the weapon. Beyond one mile, the sword cannot control the wielder's body, and the wielder of course finally becomes quite aware of his current state (if he is not already).

-wowwiki
    Did the ashbringer give the wielder (Highlord Mograine) his abilities or were they his own?
    Frostmourne has the ability to make each weilder stronger than the previous.

15+ Year Old Account

It's hypothesized that the Ashbringer, in its pure form, was the antithesis of Frostmourne and the other runeswords. Where as the Runeswords stole the souls of their weilders and bound them to their will, the Ashbringer was a symbiotic extension of the will of its weilder, its power amplified by Highlord Mograine due to the fact that he willfully gave part of his own soul to contribute to its creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrsenus
    Blizzard has been a real c-tease with Ashbringer. NPC's have mentioned it since beta, and every time Blizzard talks about it they seem to only push it back.

There's more lore behind Ashbinger than any other item in-game. It will be interesting to see how this pans out; I've been thinking that it may end up being the one thing that can defeat the Lich King.

Ashbringer at wowwiki.

it would be unfair if u need Ashbringer to kill him but it may have something to do with like: u can kill him from his "living" form but maybe it will have a phas that u need Ashbringer to kill his spritital form? and maybe its thats way they are moving Naxx to Northrend...

15+ Year Old Account

not Legendary "item that goes in the 'ranged' slot for classes that don't get ranged".
    why the f*ck not? how often did blizzard describe something complete... well... kinda inappropriate... meaning sth different as it has been understood...

Quote Originally Posted by bug
    do you REALLY think in getting an uber item like you describe?
    doenst matter, if it proccs only once a day
    there will be NOTHING unique, that "may" gives your advantages in boss fights
    or works like something imbalanced in pvp.

this never will come out, if only a few people could get it
    thunderfury anyone? this was unique like hell on the beginning. 20% less attackspeed? also functionable at bosses? like "woot" it is so much unique, that even NOW tanks who has it are still unsing it. no one likes to skill imp TC to play the debuffbot... so they're using tf... and hell yes, there are many peoples with thunderfury, but it's because mc has been farmed for about 2 years, nearly every guild on a server has farmed it for years only for tf. but: there are not so much tfs, that it is like you would say "oh look, my huntertwink has tf. yay... /yawn" think about, what happens if every guild on every server is, e.g., farming illidan for 2 years. comparing the actual droprate (well... in i'd say 30 kills right now there are... 5? 6? drops....) to that... the warglaives would be default equippement for EVERY rogue + warrior on the servers... and this is everything... but NOT legendary anymore...

anyway... it was just a goddamn EXAMPLE. to show, only 10 dps, a in spite of everything nice setbonus and a apparently not really much lower droprate (+ kewl skin, yay) is NOT worth the quality "legendary". shard of azzinoth is better in an simular rate than the other daggers. quality? exactly. epic.

the relic I described, is overpowered, yes. i knew that sth like that would never ever make the way into the game. it was just an example that real legendarys need to have something unique (like TF-debuff was 2 years ago) and a really goddamn low droprate...

so long,
    xeb

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xforce

Hunter lewtz!

just so that the hunters feel how its like to see a hunter running around with thunderfury, corrupted ashbringer, ashkandi etc
    this won't happen since warrior and rogue already got more legendary than hunter have....warrior and rogue got 3 and hunters got one which isn't really good for them anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    Quote Originally Posted by xforce

Hunter lewtz!

this won't happen since warrior and rogue already got more legendary than hunter have....warrior and rogue got 3 and hunters got one which isn't really good for them anyway
    lol why shouldn't it happen
    hopefully it will,

the noob hunters didn't either care to take these warrior/rogue legendarys, or epics like thunderfury corrupted ashbringer and ashkandi