Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Disc priest in arena

    This is what I run: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxg0zhgzrZfVthcMoV0h

    Some people will switch up the 5 in Silent Resolve for IMP PW:S and Martyrdom. I prefer to sacrifice a little survivability for a better chance that my buffs will actually mean something. Wasting mana on buffs and rebuffs is no fun.

  2. #22

    Re: Disc priest in arena

    Quote Originally Posted by epiphanize
    This is what I run: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxg0zhgzrZfVthcMoV0h

    Some people will switch up the 5 in Silent Resolve for IMP PW:S and Martyrdom. I prefer to sacrifice a little survivability for a better chance that my buffs will actually mean something. Wasting mana on buffs and rebuffs is no fun.
    Well that is not a disc build but an holy/disc build.

    Disc priest are not meant to "cast" spells and heals but to use instant on all members to slow opponement to kill them and to burn mana of casters/healers. Disc priest are not main healer but support healer (in a 5v5).

    Blessed recovery and blessed resilience are somewhat useless now because of resilience stat. If you get the "cap" you already have a -12.5% chance to get critted and damage are reduced by 25%.

    If your opponement have like 25% crit, with your resilience he is down to 12.5%.

    60% of 12.5% = 7.5% chance Blessed Resilience will work.

    But the thing is, would you get a 2nd crit during that 6 seconds?

    With a 1sec attack speed, you would block 1 crit
    If your opponement attack speed is higher than 1.25, you would block 0 crit.


    Improved Healing and Divine Fury is not made for Disc priest, because you are casting instant heals most of time.


    Not taking Imp PW:S and reflective shield destroye the purpose of the disc priest. Many people think it is useless but it is 15% of YourShield + 20% of your +healing

    With 1.5k healing, you would get:

    1315 + (1500*.2) * 1.15 = 1857 damage absorbed, reflective shield make 929 damage to be reflected.

    Pain suppresion is very nice too (will be godly in expension). It prevent you to die too easy if you get jumped by a rogue or that warrior decide it is you who gonna die first.
    I am indestructible.

    Epic Noob's Vehicle

  3. #23

    Re: Disc priest in arena

    Your theory would "work" in duels, but keep in mind that more ppl can beat on a priest. In fact, often theyre focus fired first.

  4. #24

    Re: Disc priest in arena

    I'm currently playing my friends priest and respeced him disc and must say 28/33 is terrible, I respeced him to 47/14 and was amazed at the difference. The reflective shield and power infusion are amazing I was able to finish off a warrior rogue in 2v2 after my hunter teamate lagged out his pet was on them so it was just me shielding doting and running like a school girl but I eventually took them down.

  5. #25

    Re: Disc priest in arena

    Pain Suppresion for 2on2(maybe 3on3) 28/33 for 5on5, yes it is that easy.
    I'am playing a 28/33 Priest in a 2100 rating 5on5, and i love this spec. I stay alife amazingly long if i get focused by the other team, and mana burn the hell out of the other teams healer if no one, or maybe only 1 dd is going for me.

  6. #26

    Re: Disc priest in arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Prisms
    Your theory would "work" in duels, but keep in mind that more ppl can beat on a priest. In fact, often theyre focus fired first.
    If they focus fire on you, this is even better, this mean your team can DPS them freely and the healer is free to heal you.
    I am indestructible.

    Epic Noob's Vehicle

  7. #27

    Re: Disc priest in arena

    Imo they wont reduce pain suppression to a 1 min cd and make it useable on other targets, mabey 1 min cd and only on preist but if u can put it on other people its like a sheild wall with a 1 min CD would be bit to over powered.

  8. #28

    Re: Disc priest in arena

    Quote Originally Posted by LinearChaosX
    I guess my question basically comes down to one thing. Do you think that Pain Suppression is a better talent than Blessed Resilience? IMO Blessed Resilience > Pain Suppression for arena.
    Agreed.

    Actually, it's not so much the Blessed Resilience (which is great) that should make you choose 28/33 build, it's the fact you can't get Spirit of Redemption together with Pain Suppression.

    Pain Suppression is dispellable or spellstolen (easy enough to spam dispel), last 8 seconds, and you can still be kicked/counterspelled or whatever. Spirit of Redemption gives 12 seconds of uninterrupted healing, which gives your 2v2 partner (rogue, in my case) a nice timeframe to finish of 1 opponent and get a good headstart on the second one. Against a 2 dps team, the standard scenario is: they kill me, while my teammate kills one of them, I heal my teammate up while I'm in Spirit form, he kills last one as well. Similar with 3v3.

    If your opponement have like 25% crit, with your resilience he is down to 12.5%.

    60% of 12.5% = 7.5% chance Blessed Resilience will work.
    BTW: in contradiction to some other replies: Blessed Resilience can also proc if you're supposed to be critted, but when resilience kicks in. So the correct statement would be: you have a 7.5% chance Blessed Resilience will proc without you being critted...

  9. #29

    Re: Disc priest in arena

    Quote Originally Posted by joopxiv
    Quote Originally Posted by LinearChaosX
    I guess my question basically comes down to one thing. Do you think that Pain Suppression is a better talent than Blessed Resilience? IMO Blessed Resilience > Pain Suppression for arena.
    Agreed.

    Actually, it's not so much the Blessed Resilience (which is great) that should make you choose 28/33 build, it's the fact you can't get Spirit of Redemption together with Pain Suppression.

    Pain Suppression is dispellable or spellstolen (easy enough to spam dispel), last 8 seconds, and you can still be kicked/counterspelled or whatever. Spirit of Redemption gives 12 seconds of uninterrupted healing, which gives your 2v2 partner (rogue, in my case) a nice timeframe to finish of 1 opponent and get a good headstart on the second one. Against a 2 dps team, the standard scenario is: they kill me, while my teammate kills one of them, I heal my teammate up while I'm in Spirit form, he kills last one as well. Similar with 3v3.
    I would prefer to choose my talent based about me being alive than me dead :P

    If your opponement have like 25% crit, with your resilience he is down to 12.5%.

    60% of 12.5% = 7.5% chance Blessed Resilience will work.
    BTW: in contradiction to some other replies: Blessed Resilience can also proc if you're supposed to be critted, but when resilience kicks in. So the correct statement would be: you have a 7.5% chance Blessed Resilience will proc without you being critted...
    I didnt know this. But still somewhat useless if you have high resi.
    I am indestructible.

    Epic Noob's Vehicle

  10. #30

    Re: Disc priest in arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by joopxiv
    Quote Originally Posted by LinearChaosX
    I guess my question basically comes down to one thing. Do you think that Pain Suppression is a better talent than Blessed Resilience? IMO Blessed Resilience > Pain Suppression for arena.
    Agreed.

    Actually, it's not so much the Blessed Resilience (which is great) that should make you choose 28/33 build, it's the fact you can't get Spirit of Redemption together with Pain Suppression.

    Pain Suppression is dispellable or spellstolen (easy enough to spam dispel), last 8 seconds, and you can still be kicked/counterspelled or whatever. Spirit of Redemption gives 12 seconds of uninterrupted healing, which gives your 2v2 partner (rogue, in my case) a nice timeframe to finish of 1 opponent and get a good headstart on the second one. Against a 2 dps team, the standard scenario is: they kill me, while my teammate kills one of them, I heal my teammate up while I'm in Spirit form, he kills last one as well. Similar with 3v3.
    I would prefer to choose my talent based about me being alive than me dead :P

    If your opponement have like 25% crit, with your resilience he is down to 12.5%.

    60% of 12.5% = 7.5% chance Blessed Resilience will work.
    BTW: in contradiction to some other replies: Blessed Resilience can also proc if you're supposed to be critted, but when resilience kicks in. So the correct statement would be: you have a 7.5% chance Blessed Resilience will proc without you being critted...
    I didnt know this. But still somewhat useless if you have high resi.

    No no, I think you misunderstood. If a hit was meant to be a "Critical attack" and your resilience prevented it from being a critical, it still can trigger the 60% chance to gain Blessed Resilience. They implemented this because the developers thought that the talents that active on crit were being counterintuitive with the resilience stat.

  11. #31

    Re: Disc priest in arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Quote Originally Posted by joopxiv
    Quote Originally Posted by LinearChaosX
    I guess my question basically comes down to one thing. Do you think that Pain Suppression is a better talent than Blessed Resilience? IMO Blessed Resilience > Pain Suppression for arena.
    Agreed.

    Actually, it's not so much the Blessed Resilience (which is great) that should make you choose 28/33 build, it's the fact you can't get Spirit of Redemption together with Pain Suppression.

    Pain Suppression is dispellable or spellstolen (easy enough to spam dispel), last 8 seconds, and you can still be kicked/counterspelled or whatever. Spirit of Redemption gives 12 seconds of uninterrupted healing, which gives your 2v2 partner (rogue, in my case) a nice timeframe to finish of 1 opponent and get a good headstart on the second one. Against a 2 dps team, the standard scenario is: they kill me, while my teammate kills one of them, I heal my teammate up while I'm in Spirit form, he kills last one as well. Similar with 3v3.
    I would prefer to choose my talent based about me being alive than me dead :P

    If your opponement have like 25% crit, with your resilience he is down to 12.5%.

    60% of 12.5% = 7.5% chance Blessed Resilience will work.
    BTW: in contradiction to some other replies: Blessed Resilience can also proc if you're supposed to be critted, but when resilience kicks in. So the correct statement would be: you have a 7.5% chance Blessed Resilience will proc without you being critted...
    I didnt know this. But still somewhat useless if you have high resi.

    No no, I think you misunderstood. If a hit was meant to be a "Critical attack" and your resilience prevented it from being a critical, it still can trigger the 60% chance to gain Blessed Resilience. They implemented this because the developers thought that the talents that active on crit were being counterintuitive with the resilience stat.
    No no I understood. What i mean is, if you have high resi, you only have like 12.5% chance to get critted anyway. So even if BR proc, it would prevent between 0 and 1 crit per proc. Really doesnt worth it imo.
    I am indestructible.

    Epic Noob's Vehicle

  12. #32

    Re: Disc priest in arena

    That is if you're being fought by 1 opponent smacking on you. It helps a lot when the priest is focused on. Burst damage at unexpected times does kill people and BR helps this a lot, imo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •