Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Something about Warlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Rae
    Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    Learn to stack spell penetration, or to simply stay out of range, it's tricky, but it works
    Just out of curiosity, which item ability should i lose to get spell pen? Would you like me to waste all my spell crit, just so i can beat down a warlocks pet? Seems like an awful of drawbacks to cope with such a minority. Im happy to stack some where there is no viable alternative (read cloak enchant) but really gear needs to be aimed at the majority of encounters and least of all 1 pet of one class (unless you are an avid 2's player - which im not).

I dont really like to bash warlocks, because in 5v5 they seem no better than most classes. I would love to see them nerfed slightly in 1v1 and 2v2, without hurting them in the bigger picture.
    Or you can get better items which don't sacrifice anything and still have spell penetration, besides, it's not just for the pet, it's for the lock also (soul link?) and to some degree druids... I guess...
    Besides, you don't need all THAT much for most locks (the soul link ones, u might as well forget to do anything at all to the pet anyways, but it'll help against the lock himself), I don't have the exact number in mind, but I think a normal Felhunter has 70 resist to all schools at 70, now U don't NEED 70 spell penetration, but 40 is easily obtainable and it won't hurt your crit/dmg much at all (e.g. Epic pvp ring is 10 spell penetration, and it's great for arenas... 20spell pénétration on cloak (enchant) helps too, that's 30spell pénétration with 2items only...), bringing the resist of a normal fehunter to 30 means u will hurt him (and the soul link lock himself will be more vulnarable... but that's a given)...Just trying to help out, don't hate me for giving you tips I find useful
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

I dont hate you. In fact, I really appreciate any tips on how to beat warlocks (my 5v5 team mate is a 17k/450resi buffed lock who always beats me in duels). I play an ele shammy, not a mage - so Soul Link really isnt the issue for me (purge is my friend), nor is fear, to a lesser extent nor are a lot of things through grounding totem.

The trouble I have, is im a crit based class (due to pve requirements) as well as a support class, so im really not designed to tackle a well geared lock. The fel pup, just adds to my misery as it is almost as hard to kill as the master >

I have those 2 spell penetration items/enchant, they are useful. I believe the pet, though, has more like 140 resistance (with gear/talents) iirc - please correct me if im totally wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Rae
    I dont hate you. In fact, I really appreciate any tips on how to beat warlocks (my 5v5 team mate is a 17k/450resi buffed lock who always beats me in duels). I play an ele shammy, not a mage - so Soul Link really isnt the issue for me (purge is my friend), nor is fear, to a lesser extent nor are a lot of things through grounding totem.

The trouble I have, is im a crit based class (due to pve requirements) as well as a support class, so im really not designed to tackle a well geared lock. The fel pup, just adds to my misery as it is almost as hard to kill as the master >

I have those 2 spell penetration items/enchant, they are useful. I believe the pet, though, has more like 140 resistance (with gear/talents) iirc - please correct me if im totally wrong though.
    Well shaman is the one class I still have to play past lvl 19... so I don't have any uber tips rly. From what you say your lock friend is a demonology spec, which buffs the resistant to magic by of the felhunter. I guess here your best chance is to know/understand his tricks and moves by simply going on the lock page and the lock talent page and read a bit to see what they do (warning: this might make you want to re-roll a lock...). Tbh I have yet to see a shaman be dangerous as a dps class in pvp against locks (even mages in my experience, then again most shamans I've fought other than healers just seemed to suck compared to how they two shotted me pre-TBC).

haha true. I do know a little about the warlock class (he is SL-SL spec, which is fairly silly at the best of times). I would say warlock is one of the only classes that I really struggle against, rogue can cause problems ofc, mage - only if he really outplays my numpty skills :-[

I killed a warlock yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclo
    Screenshot or didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Durahal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclo
    Screenshot or didn't happen.
    Might be a private server too.

EDIT: Just want to add another thing - fu warlocks, fu and your noobed out QQs. Someone should really make a World of Lockcraft switchin the roles of the rogue and lock from the popular Roguecraft. You guys have no idea how hard it is for other classes to get to you, not even gonna mention actually SWINGIN a weapon towards you. Just reroll or curl up and die plxtnxby.

Man, I used to have this great video a few weeks back of my and a friend just hunting down every warlock possible in all BG's. We got about 20 (different ones, not kills) in a few hours(friend is shadow priest and I was on my mage, both with decent pvp gear, check US armory for Magictuzi and Jathel on Onyxia if you're curious). We're thinking about editing the video, if we go through with it, I'll put the link in this thread ;-)

wl nerf?- ZOMG got about time...

...needs m0ar shadowress on s3 kkthxbye

and btw even as a pally you have to deal with ua,fear,fh... and the dmg doesnt stop with the dots, thats the problem

sure i can bubble my ass up, but what to do after that? you dont ressist dots, thei dont miss - and even if they do - cast another its instant baitch...

...i think that wl dots should get a cast time, not long, but for the love of god, NERF WLS ZOMG

their some crazyassfarmers two...

Quote Originally Posted by Equil

and btw even as a pally you have to deal with ua,fear,fh... and the dmg doesnt stop with the dots, thats the problem

sure i can bubble my ass up, but what to do after that? you dont ressist dots, thei dont miss - and even if they do - cast another its instant baitch...

...i think that wl dots should get a cast time, not long, but for the love of god, NERF WLS ZOMG

they already have a cast time exept for curses... Corruption is 2sec (0sec with talent) immolation is 2sec (1.5 with talents) Unstable affliction is 1.5sec (or is it 2 I can't remember)... syphon life doesn't but again, it's a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    Quote Originally Posted by Equil

they already have a cast time exept for curses... Corruption is 2sec (0sec with talent) immolation is 2sec (1.5 with talents) Unstable affliction is 1.5sec (or is it 2 I can't remember)... syphon life doesn't but again, it's a talent.
    they dont, warlock that use dot are affliction hence SPECCED in the talent for them. a destro or demo spamming dot only would be pretty stupid.

Heres my opinion as an experienced Lock-
    Nerf our PvP all you want. Arenas are already stale and boring. Sure, in 2v2 Locks are pretty brutal, but play a lock and encounter a Mace Rogue. The other night I had 3 fights in a row where I never even got to cast.... now thats overpowered. Not even getting the oppurtunity to cast is complete BS. I understand that each class should have its nemesis, but this is retarded. If there is nothing I can do, then its basically a nul point to try.

As far as "nerfing" us goes, I'm over the pvp scene. In fact, I find it boring and completely redundant. Plus it takes no skill to get Arena gear, just 10 games a week and soon youll have complete Season 2 Arena gear given to you for free! I pretty much only play Wow anymore for end game content. Downing bosses takes far more work and gives you a much larger scale to play the game rather than 3 different arenas to look at.

So, by all means, take away my fear, nerf my dots, hell take away my death coil. I really don't care. Just don't screw with my PvE DPS!!

If they change warlock PvE dps, i'm going to walk into blizz's office and go tubgirl all over the place. That's right, i said it, tubgirl! Blizz consider yourself warned!!

Anyway, for the Locks out there, don't worry about getting nerfed. We have always been blizzard's favorite class, and i doubt we will ever stop.

-ilpadrino
    Gorillas of Mal'Ganis
    Ilpadrino - 70 DoT Lock
    Elpadrino - 70 Healin Tree
    Lucabrasi - 70 Fire Mage
    Get down on your knees and smile like a doughnut!

I completely agree with ilpadrino, also have bin Fu yesterday by 2 rogues. 3 times in a row, (me = Priest holy/disc and friend Lock/destro) = it took about 8 or 9 sec. and both dead, not 1 cast, bubble, fear, instant, deathcoil, nothing ...... i was floating in the air, ready to heal, but nobody left to heal, both got around 10k health, me about 200 resilence ...... + i start always with bubble on, me and lock.

so nerf all you want, but others can wirlwind, also fear, sheep (mage and now also shaman), stun, etc... and nearly all classes have also a pet.

ps: for the good pala players, yes it is difficult against a lock, but hey you can stun, bubble etc. have also insta cast.
    I often win against palas, but also lose against them, a few resists and it's over with lock

all classes are good, iff you can play the char, so stop all crying like babies when you lose a match, it' s a game, some are better geared, some are better players, some should better uninstall it because they really suck,..... but hell, stop nerfing classes

Oh noes! Casters have trouble killing the Fel Hunter so they can lose the disadvantages it causes them? Get a physical DPS on your team! Hunter/Rogue/Warrior don't worry about what resist it has to how many schools of magic... shred it!

Quote Originally Posted by Naburi
    all classes are good, iff you can play the char, so stop all crying like babies when you lose a match, it' s a game, some are better geared, some are better players, some should better uninstall it because they really suck,..... but hell, stop nerfing classes
    Actually... the blue post on the news forum has the game developer saying locks are OP.....

Warlocks dont need nerfing and i dont think its gona happen ;D
    maybe nerf druids?? (feral till 25%-heal itself-back to finish you if you arent already )

Actually... the blue post on the news forum has the game developer saying locks are OP.....
    Yes, I agree that locks are over-powered, but someones gotta be at the top of the food chain.... You can take away every single PvP talent in the book, just please leave my DPS alone. Nerf my DPS and its fightin time.
    Gorillas of Mal'Ganis
    Ilpadrino - 70 DoT Lock
    Elpadrino - 70 Healin Tree
    Lucabrasi - 70 Fire Mage
    Get down on your knees and smile like a doughnut!

Quote Originally Posted by ilpadrino
    Plus it takes no skill to get Arena gear, just 10 games a week and soon youll have complete Season 2 Arena gear given to you for free!
    True, it takes no skills, but it take a lot a patience. If ur only doing 10 games a week, it will take you about 22 weeks with a average 1600 rating in 2v2 to get the full set. And this rating may seem low but if you only play 10 games a week, dont expect to freaking own them all.
    And its about 16 weeks in 5v5 with same rating.

Yes, I agree that locks are over-powered, but someones gotta be at the top of the food chain.... You can take away every single PvP talent in the book, just please leave my DPS alone. Nerf my DPS and its fightin time.
    I must say that i really couldnt disagree more with you. I think that in wow (aswell as in almost any other game) balancing is one of the most importent parts of the game. And if samething overpowered aint fixed, it will eventually bring the game to an end.

even though blizz aint the fastest company out there, they still manage to do this, fast enough for everything to go back to "normal". seriously try to imagine what would happen to class balancing, raids groups and so on. If a single class managed to stay overpowered for a long period of time. Luckily this havent happened yet!

Also they cant just totally gimp a class in one of the aspects of the game and make it totally OP in another, as this once again would have the same effect. Therefore each class has got to be balanced in pvp aswell as in pve at all times.

I must say that i really couldnt disagree more with you. I think that in wow (aswell as in almost any other game) balancing is one of the most importent parts of the game. And if something overpowered aint fixed, it will eventually bring the game to an end.

even though blizz aint the fastest company out there, they still manage to do this, fast enough for everything to go back to "normal". seriously try to imagine what would happen to class balancing, raids groups and so on. If a single class managed to stay overpowered for a long period of time. Luckily this havent happened yet, at least not in a scale big enough, for it to really matter!

Also they cant just totally gimp a class in one of the aspects of the game and make it totally OP in another, as this once again would have the same effect. Therefore each class has got to be balanced in pvp aswell as in pve at all times.